Character Discussion Would you mind if Zoro got CoC?

R

Return of Gin

Before anyone gets pissed or anything, Zoro is my favourite character and that's never going to change (unless Gin shows up again) but I don't think giving him conqueror's haki is necessary, and personally I would prefer it if he didn't have it. Firstly, I think the reason why a lot of people like Zoro over Luffy or Sanji is due to him being slightly more relatable in the perspective that he's just a normal guy with a big dream and has achieved everything through hard work and determination with no help from a devil fruit or a raid suit (Ik Sanji only recently got it but still) and him getting CoC (since u can only be born w it) will kinda defeat the whole point of him being a "normal guy". Also, neither Mihawk nor Ryuma have been confirmed to be CoC users which means Zoro doesn't necessarily need it in order to become the greatest swordsman

I think Zoro has it or will have it. Oda recently even teased it when Brook asked if Zoro used coc to cause the earthquake.

The main reason I think Zoro will get it is because er had been told that people who make a namr for themselve tend to have coc.

Zoro is someone who wants his name to reach the heavens, ie knoe everyewhere.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Before anyone gets pissed or anything, Zoro is my favourite character and that's never going to change (unless Gin shows up again) but I don't think giving him conqueror's haki is necessary, and personally I would prefer it if he didn't have it. Firstly, I think the reason why a lot of people like Zoro over Luffy or Sanji is due to him being slightly more relatable in the perspective that he's just a normal guy with a big dream and has achieved everything through hard work and determination with no help from a devil fruit or a raid suit (Ik Sanji only recently got it but still) and him getting CoC (since u can only be born w it) will kinda defeat the whole point of him being a "normal guy". Also, neither Mihawk nor Ryuma have been confirmed to be CoC users which means Zoro doesn't necessarily need it in order to become the greatest swordsman

Edit: just to clarify, Ik it's 99% likely he will get CoC but I was just kinda hoping he wouldn't
To be fair, Zoro now gets magical swords that are OP AF OMG ONLY SWORD TO CUT KOIDO. CAN CUT CLIFFS ON ITS OWN WOW SO COOL.
But I don't mind he getting CoC. Don't think it suits him, nor I think he needs it. But whatever, really. Not gonna ruin his character for me if he gets it.

95 percent certain he possesses CoC, but if he doesn't it's not a big deal.

Ryuma not having CoC will be the biggest farce of the century though. Now that would be on some bs.
This!

The thing COC will be unlocked at some point. But Oda doesn't want to give to Zoro yet because Oda still didn't show anything about that except knocking out fodders! When luffy will get a PU from his COC (maybe another lvl), Oda will give it Zoro.
And shanks, dragon, rayleigh, roger, wb got it because of their ambitions, their parents weren't famous nor had big ambition afaik. We could argue that luffy and ace got it from their fathers but it's not the case because that means all kids of COC users are potential COC users.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
What I don't like about these forced power ups is that it breaks the "normal guy with a dream" archetype, and become more like "he is a special snowflake with CoC. that's why he is top tier material. You can only be top tier if you are a D, or have CoC, or some BS like that.
For example, Luffy is less and less the kid that wanted to be pirate king and is working towards it, and becoming more "the child of prophecy that is gonna save us all and bring balance to the world."

And just to add, CoC is the most overrated feature in One Piece. I don't know why people wank it so much. It's just fodder removal magical aura.

Mans really compared Enma to RS
I do. Enma introduction was as cringe as Oden's.
Imagine wanting Zoro to hurt Kaido with his own blades. make them as famous as he is. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Gotta feed him a sword that already did that. Take away the glory from the swordsman and give it to the sword.
Could Zoro hurt Kaido before he got the magical BS sword? Now we will never know.
I at least still hope he will use one sword style and do it with Wado.
Fuck Enma. Sandai>Shuusui>Wado>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>magical dragonslayer BS Enma.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
To be fair, Zoro now gets magical swords that are OP AF OMG ONLY SWORD TO CUT KOIDO. CAN CUT CLIFFS ON ITS OWN WOW SO COOL.
But I don't mind he getting CoC. Don't think it suits him, nor I think he needs it. But whatever, really. Not gonna ruin his character for me if he gets it.
I don't know, maybe understand what Enma does before calling it a magic sword would help.

What we know-

- Same grade as Shusui. Both of the 21 great blades spectrum.
- Arguably the less powerful sword since it isn't a black blade.

- only plus point is, that it acted like a training wheel for Zoro own haki/ryu.

Werid huh.

This!

The thing COC will be unlocked at some point. But Oda doesn't want to give to Zoro yet because Oda still didn't show anything about that except knocking out fodders! When luffy will get a PU from his COC (maybe another lvl), Oda will give it Zoro.
And shanks, dragon, rayleigh, roger, wb got it because of their ambitions, their parents weren't famous nor had big ambition afaik. We could argue that luffy and ace got it from their fathers but it's not the case because that means all kids of COC users are potential COC users.
Yeah.

When the likes of Chinjoa and other first mates are rocking CoC, it makes it more likely for someone with Zoro's will to posses CoC as well.

We shall see.

Katakuri was a man who specializes in the same haki that Sanji has more affinity for, at first Kata was using his legs to fight, Kata DF was a food while Sanji was a cook, Kata attacked him and Sanji managed to bypass his system FS and they stared at each other, the diable jambe could potentially counteract his DF and etc ...

In the end, this is just fans forcing parallels, relationships, foreshadowing ...

Oden cut Kaido has nothing to do with Zoro, he inherited his sword, but he will not do the same things as Oden. They are extremely different characters.
Zoro will probably overtake Ryuma, but he doesn't have to do the same steps and fight the dragon.

Zoro won't be nearly as important as you want him to be, try to keep your expectations low, he fighting Kaido is impossible to some extent.

What I don't like about these forced power ups is that it breaks the "normal guy with a dream" archetype, and become more like "he is a special snowflake with CoC. that's why he is top tier material. You can only be top tier if you are a D, or have CoC, or some BS like that.
For example, Luffy is less and less the kid that wanted to be pirate king and is working towards it, and becoming more "the child of prophecy that is gonna save us all and bring balance to the world."

And just to add, CoC is the most overrated feature in One Piece. I don't know why people wank it so much. It's just fodder removal magical aura.

I do. Enma introduction was as cringe as Oden's.
Imagine wanting Zoro to hurt Kaido with his own blades. make them as famous as he is. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Gotta feed him a sword that already did that. Take away the glory from the swordsman and give it to the sword.
Could Zoro hurt Kaido before he got the magical BS sword? Now we will never know.
I at least still hope he will use one sword style and do it with Wado.
Fuck Enma. Sandai>Shuusui>Wado>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>magical dragonslayer BS Enma.
Could you tell me how Enma is better than Shusui. Shusui was already blackened by Ryuma making it better than Enma. We do know he could do it without Enma because Shusui is a better sword