Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

She sucks. The only really people originally liked her was because of boobs + strength. The more we see of her, the less people will like her since her personality is uninspiring and annoying to say the least. A stronk wamen can only do so much before the novelty wears off and you're left with a lousy character.

That being said, there is a potential character arc for her so that could fix the main irritant. Either way, still not exactly excited for what's to come with Yamato.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I'm not very interested so far. The problem with her is that she revolves around Oden as a character, but doesn't have a real relationship with the man. Like, her relationship with Oden is like Barty's relation with Luffy- it's just fanboyism, there's no deep relation there. Luffy and the Strawhats have a real relationship, Oden and the Scabbards have a real relationship. Yamato and Barty are a sideshow to that.

And the difference being, Bartolomeo is really funny and Yamato isn't.

But I'm not going to fully write her off until we get her inevitable flashback, where we see what her relationship with Kaido and Ace was like. Hopefully that will bring something more to the character than "ohmygod Oden was so amazing."

I'm torn.

On the one hand, as Kaido's daughter she's a really interesting character with the potential to add a whole new layer to the story (and Kaido's character arc).

On the other hand I think this whole "I'm Kouzuki Oden!" gag of Oda is forced (actually it's really creepy of her trying to "be" another person) and only adds confusion, especially in the Western world.

Here so many people (especially on Twitter and Reddit) have a stick up there arse, they don't realize that Oda is halfway doing the "I'm Oden!" gag as exactly that - a gag.
It has become a fest for misguided SJWs to assume Oda is writing a true trans story and everyone who can't see that has to be transphobic. Ridiculous, really.

One of the biggest laughingstocks has been Artur (library of Ohara), who is trying to drive this agenda home week after week.

That killed a lot of excitement in the character, as you always have to think about the annoying meatheats trying to use Yamato for their agenda.

Last edited:
I'm torn.

On the one hand, as Kaido's daughter she's a really interesting character with the potential to add a whole new layer to the story (and Kaido's character arc).

On the other hand I think this whole "I'm Kouzuki Oden!" gag of Oda is forced (actually it's really creepy of her trying to "be" another person) and only adds confusion, especially in the Western world.

Here so many people (especially on Twitter and Reddit) have a stick up there arse, they don't realize that Oda is halfway doing the "I'm Oden!" gag as exactly that - a gag.
It has become a fest for misguides SJWs to assume Oda is writing a true trans story and everyone who can't see that has to be transphobic. Ridiculous, really.

One of the biggest laughingstocks has been Artur (library of Ohara), who is trying to drive this agenda home week after week.

That killed a lot of excitement in the character, as you always have to think about the annoying meatheats trying to use Yamato for their agenda.
Absolutely this , people miserably fail to see this as her obsession with Oden's PERSONA and more importantly that it is a GAG but instead paint it as a case of gender dysphoria ffs.

There are many useless plots/characters introduced in wano and yamato is definitely one of them. Oda just adding random characters trying to hype without much thought/substance behind the character themselves for the story. I only see her as an extra fire arm and probably a plot device and also a way to give us odens log maybe.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
My thoughts on Yamato have been stated clearly, often, and loudly. Regardless of what the lowest common denominator thinks, she’s the next and likely final Straw Hat. You don’t have to like it, but Oda isn’t a subtle writer anymore, so this is happening. For those of you not on board, just be grateful she wasn’t in the first 975 chapters of the series and stop bitching. I’m sorry, but it needed to be said :luuh: