Zhao's All-Time Top 10 Generals

So far Shibashou’s subordinates do not have the same level of hype as the Ten Heroes/the Four Heavenly Kings. It’s still early and we know very little about them but we need to know more about them before we put them on Heavenly King level, and if his subordinates fall short of that level then ultimately Shibashou himself will fall short of Renpa’s generation of Great Heavens.

Which notably is exactly where I first listed Shibashou when this thread was first made lol.
Then again, maybe he's that good lol. We'll see.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I'm also very intrigued what kind of a General he is. Zhao doesn't really need another mastermind but what they need is a powerhouse so I'm thinking he's a beast of a fighter.

His generals have impressed me so far tbh.
Then again, maybe he's that good lol. We'll see.
We all know that Shibashou is going to be a complete Lad (this is one level above Chad) especially in a fight as his sheer size has been hyped several times, and his four subordinate commanders are all monstrous warriors themselves, Shibashou is surely going to be the new martial might of Zhao.

I’m curious as to whether or not Jiaga will actually be a stronger warrior than Shibashou though. The SENSE translation had Jiaga referenced as Seika’s strongest warrior, with no exceptions made like “Seika’s strongest except for Shibashou”, just straight up Jiaga was called Seika’s strongest.

Maybe he and Shibashou will be equals or something? I think it’s interesting that Jiaga was referenced this way.

We all know that Shibashou is going to be a complete Lad (this is one level above Chad) especially in a fight as his sheer size has been hyped several times, and his four subordinate commanders are all monstrous warriors themselves, Shibashou is surely going to be the new martial might of Zhao.

I’m curious as to whether or not Jiaga will actually be a stronger warrior than Shibashou though. The SENSE translation had Jiaga referenced as Seika’s strongest warrior, with no exceptions made like “Seika’s strongest except for Shibashou”, just straight up Jiaga was called Seika’s strongest.

Maybe he and Shibashou will be equals or something? I think it’s interesting that Jiaga was referenced this way.
Jiaga might be Shin fight.

If we are believe Shin will beat Riboku he also won't beat Shibashou same arc so Jiaga will be next big thing as fighter.

The Rinshoujo army was a scary one. You had the Ten Heroes (Ten!), including Gyou’Un and Chou Ga Ryuu as Rinshoujo's subordinates, while Rinshoujo himself was one of the greatest warfare minds (and in the little panel time Hara gave him, he was shown making Ouki move according to his wishes and having Renpa "dance in the palm of his hand", though as an ally). Scary dude lol.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yep, Shibashou hype has been for more than hundred Chapters, his generals are strong, Shibashou could be a beast
I def think SBS will be a beast. And for me is a solid top 4 and above anyone else.

For me Riboku and Renpa are solid too 2.

But RSJ had insane hype too. The guy was Reno’s equal, had insane smart and stats and even his subs were amazing.

SBS general are great but are they better than the 10 heroes ? Maybe, maybe not, let’s see. But Gyou Un CGR and co were beasts too.

RSJ had such a hype with his dream to unite China. If he had lived I think he would have been THE major threat for Qin and Sei. The phantasmal General was someone.

And his subordinates were so loyal they all killed themselves in battle later on or kept his ideal/vow for decades.

I think for now it’s

Riboku
Renpa
RSJ
SBS

But SBS will be a monster and will deliver soon

Renpa also called Riboku the most dangerous man in China, so this quote doesn’t mean much tbh. In open warfare, Renpa > Riboku but in terms of overall warfare, Riboku > Renpa.
Exactly
I don't expect Ouki to win Shouheikun in a state vs state war, but as a general on the battlefield Riboku is outclassed by many.
Duke Hyou was seconds from murdering him before Houken revere uno card even though he was outnumbered

Renpa also called Riboku the most dangerous man in China, so this quote doesn’t mean much tbh.
If we're being honest though who would have beaten Renpa and the 4HK? That army was disgustingly powerful.

Give them equal subordinates and we'll see how that goes. I see Riboku's strategical ability making the superior moves/maneuvers and giving him the edge.

Then again Renpa is a strategical beast and can also use his insticts to fight as an instictual general. He perfectly read the moves of Ousen against Kyouen and he was the one drawing the plan against the Qin instead of Genpou lol.

While I would go with Riboku here, I also feel like Renpa could have less trouble than Riboku directly fighting Kanki due to those different facets that he has as a general. He's the most versatile general we have seen.

Last edited:
1. Riboku
2. Renpa
3. RSJ
4. I'm going to assume Chousha
5. Shibasho - he may be higher than this, time will tell.

These guys are on a level to themselves. Following that, we have a group together who would be hard to rank;

Keisha
Gyou'un
Kochou
Gakujoe

Really don't know for a 10th. There's another group of them - Chougaryu, Bananji, Kaishibou etc. SSJ too. Kansaro has to be factored in.

Okay, time for my list.

-The top 5 is made up by Riboku, Renpa, RSJ, Chousa and Shibashou.

-Next, Keisha. Riboku previously considered him as the most terrifying instinctual general, he beat Riboku a fair few times in war games, was Great Heaven talk and had impressive feats in the story. Keisha is weaker than the first five names but stronger than the other members of this list.

-Then I put Kochou and Genpo. Kochou was a Zhao's GG while Genpo one of Heavenly Kings. Kochou was the commander of Zhao's military for a section of the story and though we didn't see much from him, he clearly demonstrated a very good military mind. Genpo taught Renpa strategy, his knowledge of warfare was so great that he was said to be a strategist of such impressive level that he was capable of serving as the head of military affairs for Zhao's entire military. And we got a few demonstrations of his ability in the Sanyou arc.
Both Kochou and Genpo were ended by Kanki's unorthodox methods but they were very strong commanders.

-Gaku Jou. He was, apparently, counted to be the second best general in Zhao after Renpa. He got destroyed by Renpa whilst being 50k vs 8k but, there are some things to say here. First, I'll start by saying that yes, Renpa is obviously in a different league from him as a commander and he said it too. Despite how bad that loss might look at first, we also have to consider that :
  • Renpa likely had all his Heavenly Kings too in the battle. At the very least, he had Rinko. The HKs are monsters themselves and, with Renpa, this is a perfect receipit for distruction.

• Renpa himself praised Gaku Jou's warfare as "quite good", added that "many a time, it would give even me the chills". He finished with "compared with those Qin bastards, it satisifies me 60%".
I think that GG Gaku Jou is being underrated and slept on in this thread. Putting him in this spot, before certain other people, isn't unreasonable imo.
@Blackbeard @Jailer @MarineHQ

That leaves one spot. I'm going to give it to either Kyouen or Gyou’Un. These guys are all very strong subordinates of Great Heavens.

- Kyou En, one of the Ten Bows, was described as Renpa's even match in the past, fought Renpa and burnt his hands numerous times, fought four of the Qin Six, including Hakuki, who he found the most troublesome to face, and Kyou, where the heavily offense tactics of both caused a lot of deaths. This guy's portrayal is big lol.

- Gyou'un. A dangerous instinctual commander who was kicking the butt of Ten and who was a big problem for strategists, who yet had knowledge of strategies thanks to RSJ, who used lethal techniques such as the Raikogu and also a very strong warrior. He had some excellent feats at Shukai.

Last edited:
Okay, time for my list.

-The top 5 is made up by Riboku, Renpa, RSJ, Chousa and Shibashou.

-Next, Keisha. Riboku previously considered him as the most terrifying instinctual general, he beat Riboku a fair few times in war games, was Great Heaven talk and had impressive feats in the story. Keisha is weaker than the first five names but stronger than the other members of this list.

-Then I put Kochou and Genpo. Kochou was a Zhao's GG while Genpo one of Heavenly Kings. Kochou was the commander of Zhao's military for a section of the story and though we didn't see much from him, he clearly demonstrated a very good military mind. Genpo taught Renpa strategy, his knowledge of warfare was so great that he was said to be a strategist of such impressive level that he was capable of serving as the head of military affairs for Zhao's entire military. And we got a few demonstrations of his ability in the Sanyou arc.
Both Kochou and Genpo were ended by Kanki's unorthodox methods but they were very strong commanders.

-Gaku Jou. He was, apparently, considered the second best general in Zhao after Renpa. He got destroyed by Renpa whilst being 50k vs 8k but, there are some things to say here. First, I'll start by saying that yes, Renpa is obviously in a different league from him as a commander and he said it too. Despite how bad that loss might look at first, we also have to consider that :
  • Renpa likely had all his Heavenly Kings too in the battle. At the very least, he had Rinko. The HKs are monsters themselves and, with Renpa, this is a perfect receipit for distruction.

• Renpa himself praised Gaku Jou's warfare as "quite good", added that "many a time, it would give even me the chills". He finished with "compared with those Qin bastards, it satisifies me 60%".
I think that GG Gaku Jou is being underrated and slept on in this thread. Putting him in this spot, before certain other people, isn't unreasonable imo.
@Blackbeard @Jailer @MarineHQ

That leaves one spot. I'm going to give it to either Kyouen or Gyou’Un. These guys are all very strong subordinates of Great Heavens.

- Kyou En, one of the Ten Bows, was described as Renpa's even match in the past, fought Renpa and burnt his hands numerous times, fought four of the Qin Six, including Hakuki, who he found the most troublesome to face, and Kyou, where the heavily offense tactics of both caused a lot of deaths. This guy's portrayal is big lol.

- Gyou'un. A dangerous instinctual commander who was kicking the butt of Ten and who was a big problem for strategists, who yet had knowledge of strategies thanks to RSJ, who used lethal techniques such as the Raikogu and also a very strong warrior. He had some excellent feats at Shukai.
Great list. Kyou En is certainly underrated, and we should see more of him during Chu's conquest.

Kansaro is also considered the greatest General of Seika under SBS and would probably take one of the last 4 spots.

Great list. Kyou En is certainly underrated, and we should see more of him during Chu's conquest.
That dude has seen some shit😂
I look forward to him being in action again.

Kansaro is also considered the greatest General of Seika under SBS and would probably take one of the last 4 spots.
I actually had put Kansaro in the list but then I had my numbers wrong lol. Being Seika's strongest general subordinate, he should be up there with Gyou’Un in terms of overall level.

In general, I tend to believe that all of the Heavenly Kings are underrated. They are each, truly powerful Generals.

However I think Gyou'un is a level above all 4. He's somehow who would fit in as a Fire Dragon without question and his hype was above the rest, IMO. I think the HK's are more like Chougaryu, which is still brilliant, of course.

Gakujoe is certainly underrated. He was ranked above Kochou, after all. I'd like to have seen his stats.
Post automatically merged:

I certainly hope we will see Renpa fight for Chu but for whatever reason I kinda think we won't!

1. Riboku (obvious)
2. Renpa (obvious)
3. Rinshoujou (obvious)
4. Chou Sha (OG Great Heavens)
5. Shibashou (reject the title of GH, that's giga lol)
6. Keisha (was the closest to GH when Kochou and Gakujou were still on active duty)
7. Gakujou (underrated tbh, man was the second best general during Renpa and Kochou's time)
8. Kochou (Guardian Deity)
9. Genpo (big brain)
10. Futei-sama (future Great Heavens baby!!!)

Houken, Gyou'Un, Bananji, SSJ, CGR, Rinko, Kaishibou are contenders for number 10 spot. And I don't even know who Chou Haku are Lmao.