Character Discussion Zoro is not the fighter of the crew he is the swordsman

Yeah, Zoro is not "the fighter" of the crew, as everyone fights, but fighting is Zoro's sole purpose. While every other member was chosen due to other qualities that would benefit the crew and the adventure, Zoro was chosen precisely because of his combat ability, because Luffy needed strong people for the grand line.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Yeah, Zoro is not "the fighter" of the crew, as everyone fights, but fighting is Zoro's sole purpose. While every other member was chosen due to other qualities that would benefit the crew and the adventure, Zoro was chosen precisely because of his combat ability, because Luffy needed strong people for the grand line.
it's literally stated in his card that he is the combatant/fighter

But why would you do that when we already have an example in this very arc. Just look at Luffy vs Lucci and Zoro vs Lucci.
Both bypassed his defense and recovery completely and made him pass out for a couple seconds. And Luffy fights differently than Zoro, he punched Lucci in one specific spot while Zoro slashed him deep on his torso and arms with three swords.
Obviously the latter would hurt him way more.
And that's why I think it's not a good example of Zoro's AP vs Luffy. Meanwhile if Zoro manages to slice or crack Warcury's thick skull it'd be a pretty fair comparison between him and Luffy.

Both bypassed his defense and recovery completely and made him pass out for a couple seconds. And Luffy fights differently than Zoro, he punched Lucci in one specific spot while Zoro slashed him deep on his torso and arms with three swords.
Obviously the latter would hurt him way more.
And that's why I think it's not a good example of Zoro's AP vs Luffy. Meanwhile if Zoro manages to slice or crack Warcury's thick skull it'd be a pretty fair comparison between him and Luffy.
Come on bro, tell me you are not trying to equalize a bandaid to ICU.
Anyway the requirement you are setting for Zoro against Warcury is not good for Luffy. Luffy couldnt damage Kaidos tough scales, Zoro cut the same with Tatsumaki. Luffy only gave a bandage on cheek to Lucci, Zoro sent him to ICU.
We dont even know if Warcury is tougher than King, we just know that he is tougher than Kaido from the looks of it or he has some sort of blademail effect where the attacker takes damage.

What's your job M. Zoro ? My job is to cut things, whatever it is. Wood, Stones, it doesn't matter, I am only required to cut stuff. A mandatory role in any ship crew didn't you know ?
:risicheck:
Yes again a swordsman cuts a sniper shots
If usopp and zoro swap strength Usopp would be the main guy getting fights with zoro getting better cutting feats every now and then

If any other strawhat without a combat role was the second strongest instead they’d also get more fights than zoro

Whatever fits your headcanon :wellwell:
Being smug doesn’t make you any less wrong

1. He’s is a swordsman. A combat related role similar to usopp being the crews sniper
  2. He’s the second strongest strawhat
  3. He’s usually given fights because he’s the 2nd strongest and his goal to beat mihawk means he needs to be stronger
Like what are you even complaining about

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Kaido has the best dura feats besides maybe Warcury.
Best AP feats, matched a huge island sized fist with CoA+ACoA+ACoC while he was fatigued
Top 5 speed
Top 2-3 endurance feats
Etc.
Kaido is just a freak of nature. Dude's too damn strong for no good reason
Lunarians stand above Kaido in Durability. Warcury's ability may not be durability at all. We simply don't know yet.
AP feats are Zoro's, Blazing Bagua vs Bairang Gun are just size vs size. Not even close to impressive as people think.
Zoro's speed is above Kaido's.

His endurance feats are good, sure but mainly against Luffy's healing punches. Everyone can score endurance points that way...
There is no enduring Zoro's attacks after KOH became a thing. Even Kaido gets one-shotted so no endurance points to score.
But considering that he tanked Zoro's DeadMan's Game, regardless of injured state, his endurance is better than Zoro's despite Zoro being an endurance monster too.
Heavily influenced by his durability tho. If durability doesn't reduce damage to tolerable levels, it is always a one-shot.
In the end, Zoro's Dragon Damnation and Hakai feats remain unmatched and probably never will be surpassed.
Only facing an Ancient Weapon could surpass facing Hakai.

Lunarians stand above Kaido in Durability. Warcury's ability may not be durability at all. We simply don't know yet.
AP feats are Zoro's, Blazing Bagua vs Bairang Gun are just size vs size. Not even close to impressive as people think.
Zoro's speed is above Kaido's.

His endurance feats are good, sure but mainly against Luffy's healing punches. Everyone can score endurance points that way...
There is no enduring Zoro's attacks after KOH became a thing. Even Kaido gets one-shotted so no endurance points to score.
But considering that he tanked Zoro's DeadMan's Game, regardless of injured state, his endurance is better than Zoro's despite Zoro being an endurance monster too.
Heavily influenced by his durability tho. If durability doesn't reduce damage to tolerable levels, it is always a one-shot.
In the end, Zoro's Dragon Damnation and Hakai feats remain unmatched and probably never will be surpassed.
Only facing an Ancient Weapon could surpass facing Hakai.
I forgot about Lunarian durability but he's still top 3 or 4 in terms of durability anyway

Being smug doesn’t make you any less wrong

1. He’s is a swordsman. A combat related role similar to usopp being the crews sniper
  2. He’s the second strongest strawhat
  3. He’s usually given fights because he’s the 2nd strongest and his goal to beat mihawk means he needs to be stronger
Like what are you even complaining about
Complaining ? I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to make you understand the fallacy of your reasoning.
The first post I was responding to, you said a swordman job is to cut things first and combat comes second, you then added that in Zoro's case he does indeed fight.
I'm supposed to agree with that ?
A lumberjack cuts things (ie. Trees), a cook cuts things (ie. Food) ect... a swordsman is a fighter first and foremost that uses swords, it happens that he cuts ''obstacles'' if required but that's not his job to begin with.
Ofc I'm being smug, you called me dumb twice and are now surprised that I'm talking to you like a toddler?

A sniper's traditional role in a Ship is to shoot canons, which is still a Combat Related Role but not as traditional a combat, he just needs to be good at aiming and that is what Usopp has been portrayed as with him only being good at CoO.

A Swordsman's Role is to be an all-around combatant and that's what Zoro has been portrayed as with him being good at all Haki types with CoC Being his strongest Haki