Zoro - Oden Parallels

What's more likely the point of these parallels?

• Zoro cuts Kaido like Oden did

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Zoro becomes the Strongest swordsman in Wano like Oden was

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Zoro surpasses Oden by making Enma black (in this arc)

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Zoro defeats Oden's betrayer Orochi

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoro gets with Oden's daughter

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Zoro teaches Oden's son a technique that he uses in a fight

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Zoro is Oden's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro is a student of Oden's student Denjiro

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro will be lead Oden's scabbards as their general

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro ets Conquerers Haki like Oden

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
S

stealthblack

there are no parallels. oden has same power as luffy to make allies in anyone.

zoro not only is a fodder and weak, but he is lone wolf like mihawk.

Again I see people ignoring clear parallels between Zoro and another strong character, in this case Oden.

- Both are swordsman
- Both used the same blade Enma
- Both use the same sword technique (Look at Zoro final attack vs Killer then Look at Oden cut the Boar)
- Both impressed Yasu and The Scabbards
- Both have a connection to Momo and HiyorI (Zoro has spent this entire arc with hiyori)
- Both were members in the Pirate King's crew
- Both are reckless
- Both are drunks
- Both prefer to be alone

People want to act like Zoro has no parallels in the story but he has a few. Mihawk, Rayleigh and Oden are the main ones. Also Luffy main parallels are Roger, Dragon and Garp. I am stating Luffy main parallels because some people wanna ignore that Luffy are ready has multiple parallel characters in the story.

I sure do hope this ain't a parallel lmfaooo :believe:

But yeah they do have a lot of similarities - to those saying Zoro isn't a leader or lacks charisma, he:
- Had two fanboys Johnny and Yosaku from before he was introduced
- Led the Strawhats and allies on Enies Lobby
- Brought Mihawk over to his side
- Brought Ryuuma over to his side
- Inspired Brook and Sanji
- Is a mentor to Momonosuke
- Brought Perona over to his side
- Led the Strawhats on Fishman Island
- Impressed various peers through his actions such as Kinemon, Kawamatsu, Kanjuro and Urouge
- Brought Hiyori over to his side
- Brought Yasuie over to his side
- Inspired a whole country on Dressrosa etc...

Zoro's a natural leader.

I like how most if not all these are either not true or blown out of proportion.

-Having fanboys is irrelevant
-He did not lead the strawhats on Enies Lobby. He isnt even in the first 2 chapters of the raid
-He did not bring Mihawk to his side. His resolve impressed Mihawk. Literally has nothing to do with leadership
-Inspired Brook and Sanji when? Brook maybe, but Sanji was also going to sacrifice himself so where is the inspiration?
-Lmfaooooo *two panels of him swinging his sword with Momo* :He's a mentor to Momo
-Has nothing to do with leadership. It was circumstance
-No, he didn't.
-Again, has nothing to do with leadership. They were impressed by his strength not his leadership.
-Hiyori nor Yasuie being brought over had anything to do with leadership. I guess by this logic, Chopper is a natural leader for bringing the giant crab on alabsta to their side
- Actually, Usopp did

Again I see people ignoring clear parallels between Zoro and another strong character, in this case Oden.

- Both are swordsman
- Both used the same blade Enma
- Both use the same sword technique (Look at Zoro final attack vs Killer then Look at Oden cut the Boar)
- Both impressed Yasu and The Scabbards
- Both have a connection to Momo and HiyorI (Zoro has spent this entire arc with hiyori)
- Both were members in the Pirate King's crew
- Both are reckless
- Both are drunks
- Both prefer to be alone

People want to act like Zoro has no parallels in the story but he has a few. Mihawk, Rayleigh and Oden are the main ones. Also Luffy main parallels are Roger, Dragon and Garp. I am stating Luffy main parallels because some people wanna ignore that Luffy are ready has multiple parallel characters in the story.
But one didn't chase a stone rock

Zoro is not a natural leader. It's not in his character. And that's fine. He did not become a temporary leader in Water 7. He trusted that Luffy would make the right decision. Just like he was okay getting beat up by Bellamy, he respects Luffy's choices and knew Luffy wouldnt let Usopp walk over him.
Post automatically merged:

Leadership isnt being really strong and impressing others to your side. It's knowing the right things to say and do in a situation to guide your followers. Sanji telling Usopp exactly what he needed to hear at that time considering Usopp's insecurity was much more of a leadership moment than "OOOOH ZORO SO STRONG I WILL FOLLOW HIM"

Zoro is not a natural leader. It's not in his character. And that's fine. He did not become a temporary leader in Water 7. He trusted that Luffy would make the right decision. Just like he was okay getting beat up by Bellamy, he respects Luffy's choices and knew Luffy wouldnt let Usopp walk over him.
Post automatically merged:

Leadership isnt being really strong and impressing others to your side. It's knowing the right things to say and do in a situation to guide your followers. Sanji telling Usopp exactly what he needed to hear at that time considering Usopp's insecurity was much more of a leadership moment than "OOOOH ZORO SO STRONG I WILL FOLLOW HIM"
Like this. :)

How are people saying Zoro isn't a natural leader ?

- Johnny and Yosaku call him big bro and followed him for a while.

- In W7 after Luffy vs Ussop fight it was Zoro who reassured Luffy that what he did was right.

- After E.L it was Zoro who taught Luffy what it means to be captain

- When Luffy jumped off the sea train it was Zoro who sat at the front of the train and led the crew in to E.L

- When Luffy lost to Caesar it was Zoro who said that he needs to step his game up.

- When Zoro and the Giant were trapped by MR 3 wax cake it was Zoro who inspired the giant to not give up but instead try and fight.

- It was Zoro who sacrificed himself for his captain and crew.

- It was Zoro who predicted the BM and Kaido alliance.

The main qualities of a leader in One Piece is :

- Strength
- Wisdom
- Humility
- Strong Will
- Guts / Fearlessness
- have to be Likeable

Zoro has all of these qualities in very high amounts. Remember Guys Oden wasn't the leader Roger and WB were but he was still a natural leader, the same goes for Zoro and Luffy.

Like this. :)

You got me. Telling Usopp to get some sleep was very leader like. Telling Sanji and Usopp to knock it off is also very telling of him as a leader....and his projection about Luffy getting serious (since he was caught off guard by the Yeti Cool Brothers) definitely prove he is a natural leader.

I

Inspector_Mu

Yes and look at what's happened the SH are on the hit list of both at the same time. He predicted this would happen
And then ?

Oden : luffy : roger
CoC VoAT

Finish . If you find another man who has these 2 abilities like them, just add them next.

The rest is fanboyism.

Oden parallels Luffy and Roger, liking freedom at any cost, being natural born leaders, conquerors, charming everyone, having insane potential.

The moment Oda gave Oden CoC and VoAT, there isnt much to debate. Only luffy has both currently.