Future Events Zoro's Final Opponent is Mihawk

Who does Zoro defeat to become the strongest swordsman in the world?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still believe that all the crews will be there watching Zoro fight Mihawk and achieves his life-long dream, just like they all stood and watched when Zoro and Mihawk dueled for the first time. :pepehawk:
As for when, honestly i don't know. Of course i'd love for Mihawk to be Zoro's last opponent but knowing Oda, anything is possible :pepebuggy:
Both are great characters, but Oda's shenanigans ruin both of them. The stall stall no mi is curse for OP.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Bump.

Do people still think that Zoro will not face Mihawk after 1059?
There's absolutely no way this fight isn't happening now.
Clowns who said Shiryu or [XYZ] would kill Mihawk & Zoro would have a revenge duel look utterly clueless now, as Oda goes out of his way to give Mihawk an epithet that parallels Zoro's own & brings him back to story relevance with Cross Guild.
But sensible readers knew already, there's no way Mihawk vs Zoro won't happen after what happened in chapter 51 & 52.

Zoro vs mihawk will happen .

The cross guild would end up clash starwhats before final war.

Crocodile want to find one piece to become pirate king. Buggy want same thing
Cross guild is the final war. Crocodile wants to create a utopia. Buggy said if luffy becomes pirate king he’ll be pirate god and Mihawk wants to live a peaceful life.

All three of these are involved with fighting the world government

Unfortunately oda has defied logics in this manga. I'll stop taking theorists seriously.

I wont surprised if mihawk really loses because BB pirates are portrayed to be final villain. Shillew needs huge hype it makes sense they will achieve something ahead of shp.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro’s final opponent cannot be Mihawk unless there’s a huge twist and he joins up with Blackbeard or somehow ends up on the Government side again.

It doesn’t matter what Zoro or Mihawk promised. He does not work as a final villain as things stand. He is neither villainous nor connected in any way to what will be the Strawhats final fight.

If anyone is thinking that Zoro‘s role in the final war will to be having a selfish fight that has nothing to do with the worldwide conflict- and that’s what a fight with Mihawk is- then they have let their fanboyism blind them to every piece of character development that Zoro has went through. Zoro puts Luffy first. He puts Luffy before himself. That’s the point of Thriller Bark and him begging Mihawk for training. That’s part of what makes him Luffy‘s right hand man.

Zoro’s final fight, in the final war, has to be against an opponent at odds at with Luffy. The consequences of Zoro losing that fight have to be catastrophic, not just for Zoro, but for Luffy, and the world. This goes for every Strawhat. Mihawk is, franky, too much a “good“ character to match those stakes. He’s not someone who’s going to join Blackbeard in a reign of terror or reconquer the world for Imu if he beats Zoro. The worst that happens if he beats Zoro is Zoro dies- and Zoro would find that perfectly fair. But what would Mihawk do after it? He’d go back to his farm disappointed and wait for the next challenger to arise. That’s not something to get excited about when everyone else on the Strawhats is fighting for the sake of the entire planet.

As for the promise, there’s an even more important one, Luffy returning his hat to Shanks, and it wouldn’t at all surprise me if there’s some tragedy in the lines there so that doesn’t happen. Cause Strawhat Luffy without the Strawhat doesn‘t seem likely.

Now, this doesn’t mean that Zoro vs Mihawk can’t happen. It just won’t be the final fight Zoro has. I imagine that Oda will give us some sort of payoff for Luffy and Shanks and Zoro and Mihawk. Zoro vs Mihawk could happen before the final arc and have Zoro still heavily injured as a result for his final fight. They could fight and get interrupted. They could fight and Mihawk could win, again, and then lose, so we know that Zoro’s final struggle will be even harder. Franky, I don’t care about the promise between them, if it getting broken makes a better fight- and it probably does after the two of them spent two years together- then let it be broken. As long as Zoro ends up on top, I don’t care if he suffers setbacks on the way.

As for the idea that Oda has somehow betrayed the fans or something on the odd chance that Zoro doesn’t fight Mihawk again, it’s nonsense. Might as well say he betrayed the fans because he let Ace die after two arcs aimed at saving him. He only betrays the fans if Zoro and Mihawk turn out to be weak, and anyone who thinks that’ll happen despite Oda’s wanking of Zoro in Wano in particular is nuts.

And there’s also the idea that Zoro vs Mihawk is going to be some kind of epilogue fight- absolutely zero chance, the final real fight we see in One Piece will be Luffy’s in the final war.

Shiryu and Gandhi are the only two options for Zoro’s final fight, because Blackbeard and Imu are the only two options for Luffy. The Admirals are too disconnected (and, I’d argue, also fail to be villainous enough, Sakazuki aside) from the real rulers of the world, Imu and the Gorosei. It‘s either the Blackbeard Pirates seeking to bring about a new age of anarchy with Blackbeard on the Empty Throne ruling a world of chaos, or the Strawhats overthrowing the centuries old regime and it’s shadow king. Mihawk just doesn’t fit in either story.
After mihawk decided to team with crocodile I pretty much thought same thing. It's clear mihawk will not be zoro's opponent.

It would have made sense if he joined bb pirates. I predict he will not fight anyone or worse cross guild losing to Blackbeard to show how bbp have become.

I think Zoro will defeat Mihawk right before Luffy becomes PK. Luffy and Zoro will enter the final war as WSS and PK duo.
So no i dont agree with your arguments but its a nice writing.

I think Zoro will defeat Mihawk right before Luffy becomes PK. Luffy and Zoro will enter the final war as WSS and PK duo.
So no i dont agree with your arguments but its a nice writing.
I mean I feel like Luffy Zoro and a few others will attain their dream during the final war (or at least the end of it)

After all, I don’t think the one piece is on raftel. It’s likely on Mariejoa. So despite people calling luffy the pirate king, he won’t truly have the title till post war

I mean I feel like Luffy Zoro and a few others will attain their dream during the final war (or at least the end of it)

After all, I don’t think the one piece is on raftel. It’s likely on Mariejoa. So despite people calling luffy the pirate king, he won’t truly have the title till post war
Maybe, i was thinking like that before. Raftel is in Red Line there needs to be a secret path (like fishman island bottom of the sea path) but Luffy reaches it after he destroys the red line but i changed my mind.
Because i wanna see Luffy becoming PK before the end and i am sure Oda will deliver it.

I dont want another Naruto with we only seeing him becoming Hokage but doesnt spends time with it.

Maybe, i was thinking like that before. Raftel is in Red Line there needs to be a secret path (like fishman island bottom of the sea path) but Luffy reaches it after he destroys the red line; but i changed my mind.
Because i wanna see Luffy becoming PK before the end and i am sure Oda will deliver it.

I dont want another Naruto with we only seeing him becoming Hokage but doesnt spends time with it.
I doubt we’ll get many chapter of pirate king Luffy. Besides oda kinda gave us a hint that the one piece isn’t on raftel a few chapters ago. Yes the red poneglyphs create an X where Raftel is; but oda showed us that the Grand Line and Red Line create a massive world sized X that only overlap on one place. Mariejoa. Seems like a strwnge coincidence. Especially with Doffy saying there’s a treasure on Mariejoa that when found will turn the world upside down.

I doubt we’ll get many chapter of pirate king Luffy. Besides oda kinda gave us a hint that the one piece isn’t on raftel a few chapters ago. Yes the red poneglyphs create an X where Raftel is; but oda showed us that the Grand Line and Red Line create a massive world sized X that only overlap on one place. Mariejoa. Seems like a strwnge coincidence. Especially with Doffy saying there’s a treasure on Mariejoa that when found will turn the world upside down.
I was thinking the twin capes before since its the end of the new world and there is another x there but yours makes sense too.
But i dont agree with you i think Oda will let us spend a time with PK Luffy before the end. At least thats what i hope. :neesama:

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio

Doesn’t it also overlap at Reverse Mountain kinda?