Powers & Abilities Enma General Discussion Power-up / Black Blade

Power up?

• Total voters
If a wooden sword was a sword, you wouldn't call it a wooden sword, just a sword. Come on now.

By your logic a pianist should be able to give a concert on a VTech
Why not lol? They cant break with his Haki on them so what would be the issue?
I'm just saying the sword matters. Shusui made Zoro's 720 pound phoenix stronger, those two swords wouldn't have done the same.

I don't see why this is so complicated, the short answer is ''Yes'', if this was a game Enma clearly would have +X number stat, Zoro just claimed last chapter he isn't making full use of it yet instead of talking about his 3 swords as a whole so clearly he can pull off greater feats with it and this has been the case for ALL of the new swords Zoro has picked up in the series, people just seem to forget about it and single out Enma.

Enma is not adding to Zoro strength but it increase his firepower
you are aware that this is kind of a contradiction, right?

what does Enma give Zoro that he does not already posses?
Post automatically merged:

Shusui made Zoro's 720 pound phoenix stronger,
it did not. Zoro said it WASTED power.
the bigger slash was undesirable.
once Zoro learned to use Shusui the slash was the same size as Sandai and Wado.
once i get used to this sword i'll be even stronger
so, training is the PU not the sword itself.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I'm just saying the sword matters. Shusui made Zoro's 720 pound phoenix stronger, those two swords wouldn't have done the same.
That only happened right after he obtained it, when he couldnt control it.
"A blade that only cuts is not really a sword..."
If you think there is any difference among the swords, fine, give Zoro any O Wazamono as a replacement and he wont power down.

That only happened right after he obtained it, when he couldnt control it.
"A blade that only cuts is not really a sword..."
If you think there is any difference among the swords, fine, give Zoro any O Wazamono as a replacement and he wont power down.
Do you think there is no difference whether a person has a high quality blade, over a run of the mill regular blade?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Do you think there is no difference whether a person has a high quality blade, over a run of the mill regular blade?
Well, I think you can answer that question yourself.
Tell me the difference between the same moves performed by swords of different grades.
What's the difference between Shishi Sonson performed by 2nd rank Wado Ichimonji compared to Shishi Sonson performed by 4th rank Sandai Kitetsu? Or difference between 720 Pound Ho performed by Shusui+Wado compared to 720pHo with Sandai Kitetsu+Shusui?

I don't see why this is so complicated, the short answer is ''Yes'', if this was a game Enma clearly would have +X number stat, Zoro just claimed last chapter he isn't making full use of it yet instead of talking about his 3 swords as a whole so clearly he can pull off greater feats with it and this has been the case for ALL of the new swords Zoro has picked up in the series, people just seem to forget about it and single out Enma.
If this was Burning Blood 2 or Pirate Warriors 5 or some shit, the power up would be some special mode when you press R2, or involve a move you do in that mode, a full meter, etc. You won't have Raid Suit or Boundman on the character select unless it's a special option that doesn't replace base form. No game has you imbued with Haki as soon as you come off the loading screen. Those are power ups.

... meanwhile, picking Zoro with Enma in hand is just plain ass Zoro. No game really asks you if you want named swords.

you are aware that this is kind of a contradiction, right?
let's assume Zoro is a great sharpshooter
and Enma is a really really great gun
the gun makes the sharpshooter performance better ... we all know this ... weapon matter
and Enma can put Zoro's Haki in better use therefore giving him more firepower

Enma don't add to Zoro's strength
but adding to his firepower count as a power up

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
let's assume Zoro is a great sharpshooter
and Enma is a really really great gun
the gun makes the sharpshooter performance better ... we all know this ... weapon matter
and Enma can put Zoro's Haki in better use therefore giving him more firepower

Enma don't add to Zoro's strength
but adding to his firepower count as a power up
That's the thing, we dont see how it adds more firepower...
The swords only get as much Haki as Zoro decides to use.
So all 3 swords get the same amount of Haki. How's Enma different?

If this was Burning Blood 2 or Pirate Warriors 5 or some shit, the power up would be some special mode when you press R2, or involve a move you do in that mode, a full meter, etc. You won't have Raid Suit or Boundman on the character select unless it's a special option that doesn't replace base form. No game has you imbued with Haki as soon as you come off the loading screen. Those are power ups.

... meanwhile, picking Zoro with Enma in hand is just plain ass Zoro. No game really asks you if you want named swords.
I think the issue is the mental issue people have with the word powerup, just because it makes Zoro stronger doesn't mean it's what Boundman is to Luffy, once again in game terms Boundman would be a multiplier buff and Enma would be something like +10 on the weapon slot.

That's the thing, we dont see how it adds more firepower...
The swords only get as much Haki as Zoro decides to use.
So all 3 swords get the same amount of Haki. How's Enma different?
I mean ... when Zoro wanted to cut a tree and then he cut a cliff ... that did it for me ...

again ...

for me this argument is not important ... I guess people want to claim Zoro was stronger than Luffy since start of new world right?

well ... good for him if he was ... but I doubt Oda ever explain or state that ... and majority of fandom always disagree with it even if it be true ...

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I mean ... when Zoro wanted to cut a tree and then he cut a cliff ... that did it for me ...
again ...
for me this argument is not important ... I guess people want to claim Zoro was stronger than Luffy since start of new world right?
well ... good for him if he was ... but I doubt Oda ever explain or state that ... and majority of fandom always disagree with it even if it be true ...
But that is the first usage of Enma when Zoro didnt know what it does...
He just now wanted to cut Kaido and barely did it, equally with all 3 swords...
The only difference is that Enma "wants" more Haki but that is pointless since Zoro isnt giving it more haki than he gives to the other two swords... The 3 sword style is pointless if you are using 80% haki on Enma while 10% on the other two swords each...
If Zoro wouldnt be able to stop Enma from taking his Haki, the PU argument would work but Zoro effectively neutralized the gimmick.

Oden already did most of the work so if zoro turned enma black it would be mostly due to oden.

we don’t even know how a black blade is formed but I’m seeing dumb shit like zoro will have better armament then roger Rayleigh shanks and whitebeard at the end of wano because he will turn enma black which doesn’t make any fucking sense.

Like are you guys being serious or trolling? Because I’m fucking confused
Why doesn't it make sense? It's not like Roger shanks ray and WB are the absolute best at everything. None have shown FS so now does it not makes sense that kata has it? Zoro is gonna be the WSS and he's been focused on CoA with a goal post of turning his swords black. It would make no sense if zoro doesn't do it. And if oden could turn his blade black he would and same with the others. Permanent black blade is the best CoA that only 2 characters accomplished. Now I don't think zoro will do this at the end of wano since he seems to still be struggling controlling emma so naw.

Why doesn't it make sense? It's not like Roger shanks ray and WB are the absolute best at everything. None have shown FS so now does it not makes sense that kata has it? Zoro is gonna be the WSS and he's been focused on CoA with a goal post of turning his swords black. It would make no sense if zoro doesn't do it. And if oden could turn his blade black he would and same with the others. Permanent black blade is the best CoA that only 2 characters accomplished. Now I don't think zoro will do this at the end of wano since he seems to still be struggling controlling emma so naw.
It’s not it lmaoo. You can’t seriously he is gonna surpass them in armament in this arc. That’s just crazy talk lmao. Also Oden did most of the work to turn enma black if all it takes is armament

Well, I think you can answer that question yourself.
Tell me the difference between the same moves performed by swords of different grades.
What's the difference between Shishi Sonson performed by 2nd rank Wado Ichimonji compared to Shishi Sonson performed by 4th rank Sandai Kitetsu? Or difference between 720 Pound Ho performed by Shusui+Wado compared to 720pHo with Sandai Kitetsu+Shusui?
It would require way to much effort to try and come up with a reasoning to match Oda's thought process on the matter until he explains it in full. But there obviously is a difference in the quality of a Grade weapon, and the correlation it has to a persons strength.

Zoro implied it in the Killer fight when he said he had to "Make do" with the Scythe, and Killer pretty much confirms it when he says that if he had his Punisher blades during that fight the outcome would have been different.

It wouldn't really make any sense to create a specific grading system in which the quality of Swords are measured if it had zero barring on the plot.

So in order to make a black blade, you have to imbued haki 24/7 into your sword and wait for sometimes and it will become a permanent black blade? Damn, that's seems easy enough.
I think the quantity of your haki also play a role I dont think someone with regular blunt haki could ever upgrade his sword to a permanent black sword you prob need advanced CoA