Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
WE? :gokulaugh:
no YOU are getting nowhere.
Ive given evidence such as the concept art oda did which still holds to this day meanwhile you have given nothing at all.

:kayneshrug:
You gave one single shred of “evidence” from 30 years ago that only proves how little substance your argument truly has...if that’s making a case to you, then something tells me you aren’t half as competent as you think. At least your peers in the furry fandom build actual defenses and provide more than concept art to back them up, you’re not even trying and it absolutely shows.

This is very suggestive of Yamato as the next Strawhat:
As someone mentioned before, the following should be considered:
  1. New generation: I guess which now includes Yamato. Which hammers home she'll be significant down the road. Even if I don't think she'll join, that much should at least be expressed.
  2. The fight against Kaido's executives. We're seeing the main fights against the Tobi Roppo and it strongly implies Yamato will be engaging in one. Possibly Page One since he's not shown partnered with Ulti in the panel above. Or Jack, who knows.
  3. Not all the Straw Hats were shown. Brook, Robin, and Chopper are nowhere present this chapter nor paneled alongside everyone because they are not currently engaged with any of Kaido's executives.
It's a matter of perspective really. Many of the us in the pro-Carrot can easily point to these panels showing her as suggestive of being a Straw Hat during the Raid and when you consider how distant she is from her own faction, her alignment gets even blurrier. Like in the past, many have disagreed (per usual), but the case has been made.

The focus will inevitably fall back to her at some point. Only time will tell how far it goes, though I still do remain optimistic she'll continue following the crew.

Yeah, but Carrot has never really had a story central that really focus on her as character. Even though she has had history with straw hats since zou. Whole cake island in my opinion was not the best representation what she was all about. If anything, carrot came support character and secondary character at best. Yes, she has experiences lost from losing her mentor figure. However, there no in-depth history between her and pedro. She only showcases what minks capable of that is about it. Possible what role she might have on the crew maybe. If we look at her flashback it is very reminiscing of other characters, we have seen in the past. Characters such as Paulie, Otama, bartolomeo, and Chouchou. The flashback only showed one page how she got her gauntlet. It does not mention anything about the dawn, Jack arrival or her connection with pedro. It was just had one page that that told us that she was not good at holding a sword. When we land in wano she has become more of background character. When we go chapter 999 and 1000, we had at least had a dedicated flashback that revolved around both Yamato and Ace relationship. How they become friends, how she knew about Luffy, as well predicament she was in, and her own personal goal that she wants to do with her life. Since act 3 had started we have certain her as character lately. I believe During act 4 we are likely going to know more about Kaido and Yamato race and what Yamato upbringing was like.

Last edited:
I think everyone related to dawn or this yonko saga wanted to see the world

Kid neko
Kid inu
Kid pedro
Carrot
Other minks (musketeers, wanda, yama etc)
Tama
Oden
Yamato

Some of them are SHs candidate

I believe dawn is the dream for kozuki, wano people and minks. Imo it's okay to have one minks and one wano people to have the same dream as far as they can represent their people and well known by them. Like jinbe to Fishman and merfolk

H

humanbeing

Next strawhats or those who will be on the sunny after Wano:
Yamato will ask Luffy or will be asked by Luffy.
Marco might be asked by Luffy just like he did with Jinbe either way if he doesn't become a strawhat officially he will accompany them till they defeat the Blackbeard pirates.
Law will accompany them for sure till he knows about the D. after all it seems to be his dream to know about the D.
Tama and Momo as cabin children, Tama because of the promise made by ace. and if Tama joins Momo is gonna join and see the world he has a role to play after all because of his abilities.
Carrot will not join officially, but will stow away on the sunny just like Inu and Neko did in the past. and she did that already and went to WCI.

Next strawhats or those who will be on the sunny after Wano:
Yamato will ask Luffy or will be asked by Luffy.
Marco might be asked by Luffy just like he did with Jinbe either way if he doesn't become a strawhat officially he will accompany them till they defeat the Blackbeard pirates.
Law will accompany them for sure till he knows about the D. after all it seems to be his dream to know about the D.
Tama and Momo as cabin children, Tama because of the promise made by ace. and if Tama joins Momo is gonna join and see the world he has a role to play after all because of his abilities.
Carrot will not join officially, but will stow away on the sunny just like Inu and Neko did in the past. and she did that already and went to WCI.
I believe the final toast Luffy will give in Wano’s victory celebration will be for Jinbe and only 1 other person joining the SHs.

I feel like 4 people (Yamato, Carrot, Momo, Tama) joining at the same time would be far too many for Oda to keep track of and manage. It’s already hard to give many of the SHs much attention as it is. Plus 2 of the children will serve more as a liability for the SHs than a strength.

I hate Yamato but she's going to join
Post automatically merged:

Seeing Carrot now, she's fighting Peros with Sulong with Sulong Wanda... So during a non-full moon and without Wanda, Carrot can't compete against vets... She'll just ending up being Chopper, Nami, Usopp tier (so-called Weakling Trio)... There's a reason why Chopper, despite probably being able to match base Robin, Franky and Brook using Monster Point, is included in that tier... Same thing will happen with Carrot and the crew doesn't need another weakling given the level of competition at this point onwards...

Imagine her joining and then BBP attacks Sunny:

Carrot: I can see rafts. (No idea)
Usopp: Eh? Wait let me see, I feel uneasy.
Luffy, ZSJ, Yamato: Feels danger.
Usopp: It's Blackbeard! We're doomed!
Luffy: Everyone, prepare for battle!
Nami and Chopper: (Cries)
Carrot: What? (Many vets and YCs already on board and ready to destroy Sunny and she failed to notice because she's busy talking to Luffy)
Luffy: Oh no, I forgot we have a new member who can't fight well against these guys without Wanda and a full moon!
Robin: We now have Weakling Quartet. Nami and Usopp can't fight against these guys as well without Tama. Chopper has no disease to fight as well.
Chopper, Nami, Usopp: Eh?
BB: Zehahahaha!
Luffy: Wait, it's not yet full moon and Wanda is not with us. Carrot can't fight your vets yet.
BBP: :gokulaugh:
Luffy: :lusalty:

Look, I have no problems if Carrot and Caribou joins as well IF and ONLY IF they can show topnotch power, Haki, and skills with respect with the profession they're going to fill in, 3 of the most essential characteristics of those who will join the crew at this point... I'm not seeing those characteristics with those 2 at the moment...

Carrot was seen using abilities suited for a lookout in her first introduction. Jumping super high to see a disturbance in the whale forrest.

in every crew member the position is always highlighted. Even if luffy ended up liking the crew member in question for other reasons(brook chopper) ultimately luffy still wanted that postion to be filled.
Are those abilities topnotch? As I've previously said, when abilities are shown by the next crewmate, they're praise-worthy and topnotch... Carrot's jumping isn't and is non-essential to any given situation since her intro...

yes even though others in the crew can do it... carrot is best at it.
:fujilaugh:

We don't need more people who'll end up like that... That's why Carrot isn't an ideal crewmate for pre-Yonko crew tier SHP... Even at this point she needs Wanda and full moon to fight a vet tier...

Status
Not open for further replies.