Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His "break" schedule only started due to his health lol, it has nothing to do with how he leaves cliffhangers. "My other name is Yamato" (994) was a chapter before a break week. There are many other examples of this.
Every mangaka ever has taken a break so that they didn't die from exhaustion. The actual time he takes off every few weeks doesn't line up with chapter distribution (he's three chapters ahead last I heard), but I can promise you he does know which chapter will come out before a break week within the pages of Jump

Every mangaka ever has taken a break so that they didn't die from exhaustion. The actual time he takes off every few weeks doesn't line up with chapter distribution (he's three chapters ahead last I heard), but I can promise you he does know which chapter will come out before a break week within the pages of Jump
I never said he doesn't know, I said he doesn't purposefully correlate cliffhangers with break weeks. I gave you an example, I can give you 50 more if you want

Edit: Just so we can end this discussion, a large majority of One Piece chapters end on what anyone could call a cliffhanger. Scabbards attacking Kaido, Kaido cutting Kiku's arm, Kaido lifting Onigashima, the infamous 956, and virtually hundreds of other examples in and outside the arc. A large majority of them are not on break weeks

Last edited:
I never said he doesn't know, I said he doesn't purposefully correlate cliffhangers with break weeks. I gave you an example, I can give you 50 more if you want

Edit: Just so we can end this discussion, a large majority of One Piece chapters end on what anyone could call a cliffhanger. Scabbards attacking Kaido, Kaido cutting Kiku's arm, Kaido lifting Onigashima, the infamous 956, and virtually hundreds of other examples in and outside the arc. A large majority of them are not on break weeks
The discussion was already ended for me because your tangent has nothing to bear on the idea in question, whether or not this Oden's fake. You think this feels too random and yet that could very well be the entire point. We'll see in like ten days.
Exactly, not even the Scabbards really understand. We're not done with Toki.

The discussion was already ended for me because your tangent has nothing to bear on the idea in question, whether or not this Oden's fake. You think this feels too random and yet that could very well be the entire point. We'll see in like ten days.

Exactly, not even the Scabbards really understand. We're not done with Toki.
Never said we are done with Toki. We are done with Oden. Oden tells Toki about the prophecy. Reread 972. She learns of what she needs to do after he dies, he tells her in the letter. The Scabbards are confused because he never fully told them what happens in 20 years. But it makes it entirely clear this has nothing to do with Oden himself:

Yes, I also believe Toki's story isn't finished, but this really has nothing to do with Oden actually being alive or Toki mysteriously having the power to go back in time or send people back in time after explicitly saying she can't do that lol.

oda've been focusing more on pointless plots than the important stuff.
when cp0 gets just one page of dialogue while fodder gets more than half the chapter, we definitely have a problem.
Exactly dude! Three chapters in a row now dedicated to nonsense. First it is the Sanji simp nonsense, then last chapter was dedicated to a false Hyogoro death and now this chapter is dedicated to fodders. Wano started in 2018 and it is not going to end in at least two more years. Why does Oda need five years for a single arc, especially when we barely learn anything from it. It is getting ridiculous and yet his fanbase will eat up anything he writes. He can write a chapter of Luffy taking a crap and his fanbase will still consider it godtier.

Chopper is more relevant than Sanji? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!!!! :finally:

Chopper getting his biggest win post-TS was great to see. The chapter overall felt kinda slow.

Queen and Kaido on their knees begging that someone, anyone, pretty please with a cherry on top just betray them already. First, let's acknowledge the loyal stooges. Even after Queen abandoned them on the ground floor to a virus with only one antidote to fight over, the Oniwabanshu and Mimawarigumi fought hard for their new masters until the end. Drake's jaw is left agape at the power of Wano kuni because one samurai...defeated a bunch of other samurai (Chibi Chopper even blocking an execution), though it is surprising Hyo took out the ninja with his attack last chapter. Queen reveals what the Beast Pirate elite's were thinking with all cruel behavior towards their foot soldiers - that the Pleasures and Waiters are disposable, replaceable, and the virus was made to give them some use and power. This is important to note because we know the Gifters are switching sides thanks to Tama, Orochi's top samurai were just outright eliminated, and now the Pleasures and Waiters are switching because they're being treated horribly. The way things are shaping up, soon it's going to be Kaido + the dinos + the Numbers against an army of raiders and backstabbers.

The little doc has his big day. Chopper delivers the cure with a medicine cannon and the cutest mushroom cloud ever. Hiriluk and Kureha would be proud. Doctor Marco deserves some credit, also Queen for tossing down an antidote so he could witness a sick game. Caesar on the cover reminds us that Chopper gained experience learning to harness the power of gas by dealing with it in Punk Hazard and working alongside the master in Zou. The airborne cure spreads much faster than Ice Oni ever did by contact, Chopper ends up one upping Queen represented by his own goons switching sides. A very good moment to be reindeer: 1) Chopper cured a virus spreading in an active battlefield, even while infected himself. 2) Converted thousands of Beast Pirates into allies willing to serve as your meatshields before Queen. 3) Delivers a 1.32 billion pimphand that even Marco feels. 4) Nobody's calling you Tanuki anymore. If Drake and the CP0 are watching, is there a big bounty boost in his future?

The Chad of Wano is back to pick up his acting award

...but not really. The Scabbards look like they're ready to get up and fight again, Kawamatsu comparing the mystery healer to someone he recognizes but shouldn't be here. Brings us back to Toki or her clone Hiyori again. Now Kozuki Oden appears in a puff of smoke, carrying two generic swords, no signs of a head shot or that his skin was burned by lava oil. The real Oden being alive would make a mess of this inherited will business, open up a can of plot holes, and undo an amazing death two chapters were devoted to. The main culprits behind this trick look to be Kanjuro, Onimaru, a ninjutsu user like Fukurokujo, even Devon of the Blackbeard Pirates. If Kanjuro and Fuku want to redeem themselves, fooling the others with Oden's healthy image is not a good start. Devon is a complete unknown and Blackbeard's potential entrance feels far too early.
Onimaru, who might have met Oden before, looks like the best bet as the fox is shy to reveal its true appearance or ability and just ran away leaving us with mystery. The fox lacks a human sense of honor and respect by how it tried to backstab Zoro and could be excused for using Oden's image for its own goals. A connection could have been formed in Ringo between Onimaru and the missing Hiyori, framed as time-traveling Toki and the undead Oden, when instead the fox took over Kawamatsu's original responsibility to look after Hiyori. I just want a funny scene with Yamato exposing the fake Oden by pointing out something silly like the incorrect length of his eyelashes.

Momo held back admirably, but finally unleashes the dragon on Yamato. CP0 up to nothing but talk for now mention that Vegapunk made his artificial DF directly experimenting with Kaido's lineage factor. They believe it's a good thing it's a failure, nobody wants a pink dragon after all. Now we can expect anything but that. How will Momo demonstrate he's on the level of a Mythical Zoan? Control over dragon clouds? A dragon-boy hybrid form? A 1v1 against Orochi? He will be one powerful Shogun if his ability matures to the same level of Kaido's. Vegapunk may come to Wano just to see it in action. How nice of King, Perospero and Sanji to lay low for a chapter so Chopper can have his moment. Hopefully next chapter answers the question on everyone's mind: does 8-year old Jack remember flashback Oden, or does he think "Oden" is only Oden with a huge rack and horns?

It's official, this guy won't even wait for Oda to even say if this is the real Oden and will already come to a conclusion, lol. Way to go.
Doesn't matter it is still garbage. Everyone knows it isn't Oden. Pointless false sense of drama. Last chapter was a stupid cliff hanger of a pointless false death of Hyogoro and now it is this Oden nonsense. Wano has been a huge disappointment. For me WCI and Wano are the two by far worse arcs in One Piece.

Btw, this chapter debunks another thing from Kaido's introduction (though it was debunked earlier with every scabbards piercing his skin like nothing, but with this info from this chapter is even worse lol).

Remember that spear and guillotines and all that stuff were useless against him?
Well, it seems that hypodermic needles weren't as it could pierce his skin and drew blood to analyze its lineage factor and make the Momo's devil fruit. Again debunked that he has awesome skin. It's only a bit higher in terms of hardness than any of his peers who are "human" in that regard, except BM who is clearly above for now.

Even that fodder from Corrida Coliseum (the brother of the one with the Jacket Jacker fruit) has a stronger skin in terms of hardness (tanked without a scratch an axe attack with CoA from Sai's brother).

Status
Not open for further replies.