Character Discussion I don't like Yamato

You're playing dumb, aren't you?

1 As i already said, it ain't about feats.
2 He clashed with big mom, so? Does this give his character any develop? No. Also, more than half of the mugis had a clash with bm.
3 Is hard to even pretend to think that brook ain't the most useless (and not just because he has no feats, but mainly because his weak character development and background) of all the mugiwara.
4 We are out of thread.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Yeah, she singlehandedly made this arc 10-20% worse. You can remove her from the story and nothing changes. Her love for Oden makes no sense. Her desire to fight her father makes no sense. Her wishing to die for Momo was cringe af. She is the daughter of the WSC for God's sake. Stop acting like you are a fucking nobody.

Yamato is the latest obnoxious shitstain Oda is trying to force down the fandom’s throat. The reality is that if you met her in real life, most sane people would call the psych ward or the police. She’s 28, acts like 8, LARPs a dead dude in front of his traumatised and wounded son and jacks off to his diary which she squirrels under her bed or alternatively between her breasts. She literally has no original personality and her neverending on-panel masturbation to the equally turdlike loser Oden is a hundred times more off putting than Rebecca’s crying. At least Rebecca is 16 acting 16. Yamato needs psychiatric treatment for her delusions and obvious developmental stuntedness.
Beautifully said.

Her character feels rushed, she should have been introduced in act 2. The Tobiroppo are less relevant than her but they were first brought up in act 2 while Yamato felt inexistent until act 3. There was no build up. The "i knew Ace" card was already used by Tama so that was repetitive too.

Yamato's design is indeed dull, she's the only child of a yonko (and this yonko has a very unique design himself) but is basically a tall Nami with horns.

Yamato is the latest obnoxious shitstain Oda is trying to force down the fandom’s throat. The reality is that if you met her in real life, most sane people would call the psych ward or the police. She’s 28, acts like 8, LARPs a dead dude in front of his traumatised and wounded son and jacks off to his diary which she squirrels under her bed or alternatively between her breasts. She literally has no original personality and her neverending on-panel masturbation to the equally turdlike loser Oden is a hundred times more off putting than Rebecca’s crying. At least Rebecca is 16 acting 16. Yamato needs psychiatric treatment for her delusions and obvious developmental stuntedness.
sad thing even if that was the joke oda wanted to make....that is the only thing shown for her whenever she is on screen. Literally saw no other proper converesation with characters. Even her reason for kaido fight oda made because she is Oden, not because of the bad relation they have.
Post automatically merged:

Her character feels rushed, she should have been introduced in act 2.
It is possible there could be some reason for introducing her so late, like I am sure even oda knows that introducing her early(or giving hints) would be much better. But he did not do that. So hopefully there is some good reason for that.

Last edited:
You can learn a thing or two from this @Cinera. Especially, as Den Den has emphasized, "......and her never-ending on-panel masturbation to the equally turdlike loser Oden is a hundred times more off putting than Rebecca’s crying......"

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
You can learn a thing or two from this @Cinera. Especially, as Den Den has emphasized, "......and her never-ending on-panel masturbation to the equally turdlike loser Oden is a hundred times more off putting than Rebecca’s crying......"
Nah.

Besides, I've already had a lengthy conversation with @Den_Den_Mushi on this.

I intend to write an essay later on why I personally like Yamato and another to defend her character, but that wouldn't be any time soon.

As for this thread, suffice it to say that I've not been convinced by any of the arguments I've seen bashing her. I don't really care to participate in the Yamato hate-fest here either.

Nah.

I intend to write an essay later on why I personally like Yamato and another to defend her character, but that wouldn't be any time soon.

As for this thread, suffice it to say that I've not been convinced by any of the arguments I've seen bashing her. I don't really care to participate in the Yamato hate-fest here either.
I understand many arguments of that post or similars. But some things seems contradictory or as overreaction.

1) Yamato are a new character in a arc saturated of characters or situations and is a hard deal to Oda to give devolopment (many chapters in a row) to new character. If oda chooses that path, a majority of fans are going to whining about how Oda dont focus in the battles of the mugiwaras and the alliance.

2) Yamato gag are in purpose to being cringy, just look the face of Momo and Shinobu or Luffy says her that she is not Oden <-- That means two things: Oda is obligated to devolop her (if she gonna be a strawhat) or only is part of japanese humor, and obviusly the detractors have a reason to hate her.

3) People call her a crazy woman with a kid mentality. But that talks a lot of the mental damage of being prisioned for 20 years or the bad relationship with his father, we don't know anything about that (we only know that Kaido beat her so much).

4) People asume a lot of things about her (fans and detractors): Fans asumes that she has a good DF, or she is YC1 , or she is more powerfull than certains Mugiwaras (that not help to convince anyone, quite contrary that makes more haters). And detractors: asumes that the relationship with Oden is mere superficial (is probably that she knows him in person), or she knows everything for the logbook (we don't know that), they asumes that all fans are horny mans who only like her because she has a good design (If they looked beyond these forums, they would realize that there are a lot of girls who love Yamato and they are not simps), i like her a lot because she trust so much in Luffy and the gags -leaving aside the Oden thing- for me are really funny.

5) Dont worry about people that dont like her, the Top 100 talks a lot about how the people like her (especially for Japan, the country
what most matters in sales) . Sorry for my bad english Lol.

Nah.

There are ways to introduce a character while making them interesting, likeable and sympathetic. Oda missed the mark on every single one of these with Yamato, and the fact that my post bashing her has over 40 likes shows you that a lot of people see through the hot girl gold plating that coats this obnoxious piece of hot garbage character.

If Yamato looked like Denjiro or Shutenmaru, you can bet your ass she would be the most hated character in the series bar none. The only thing people like is her budget Demon Slayer knockoff design and her blow up doll Nami lookalike body and face.