Current Events The Evolution of ZKK

Kaido: (no I didn't fall to my knees like you mentioned) This scar should be enough for you (at your current strength level).
zorotards: Kaido is scared of Zoro after Asura.
:milaugh:

Luffy: Go down, trust me guys I'll beat him up, I've got this.
zorotards: Luffy really means he needs Zoro to kill Kaido later.
:whitepress:

Some lacking long term reasoning suggested that ZKK hype was dead, but funnily enough it didn't shrink a bit. I would dare to say it augmented given the alleged implications of Zoro's recovery process and the notion that Big Mom is probably soon to return to the battleground without allowing herself to fall into the same trick again.

I never believed in ZKK but the chance is still there. Arc has quite a bit of chapters left. Zoro getting up again is pretty likely and if Zoro gets up, the chances of him facing Kaido again are still there even if they aren't super high. We'll see, if Zoro gets a bit of healing, he can face a Calamity but after that, I don't know. Maybe he'll face Kaido again since his last and strongest attack didn't leave the impact he expected. Maybe not.

If anything, from my perspective, this last chapter was the final nail in the coffin that ZKK is indeed going to happen.

Now, the theory of ZKK (with the proper analysis about the themes, the foreshadowing etc.) is something you can easily find on the net, by people like @Fiji and @Cinera

Leaving all those things aside, let's add some new elements.

1) Zoro was able to leave a scar on Kaido already. Despite that, we haven't even received a Zoro named chapter yet which, if Oda is doing the reverse order of Sabaody, will be the last one. Zoro is set have a significant moment despite already having accomplished all those insane things. I wonder what that could be.

2)Zoro is now being given time recover, meaning that he will be ready to perform other actions again later on. His role by the arc is by no means over and there is also no proper setup where you would feel that this is the case.

3)Zoro's Hiryu Kaen missed Kaido, an obvious foreshadowing that it will hit him later on. In this attack Zoro does the same pose Ryuma did to slay a flying Dragon in the Flower Capital. Luffy is set to defeat Kaido like he proclaimed for hundreds of chapters. But Zoro will be the one to finish him off for good under the eyes of the citiziens of the Flower Capital, while Kaido is flying in his dragon form, once his zoan recovery will have partially kicked in.

This is honestly going how I thought it would.

After Luffy beat Kaido,I want Kaido to be subordinate of Strawhat's pirates more than kill or captured by anyone. I think Luffy need more subordinates to fight with the world government in the future.
Imo Kaidou is too savage to be anyone's subordinate in his prime. Imo he's much better meeting death in his battle's climax, at the very end, against Luffy. Kaidou stating that he wants to be PK is a direct opposing factor of ZKK imo, since it pits Kaidou directly against Luffy's ambition.

So while i disagree with ZKK from the start, Zoro releasing Asura is already surpassed my expectation about Zoro's role against Kaidou, since i expected Zoro to have his own exclusive opponent and not interfere in Luffy's PK competition just like Luffy should not be interfering in WSS competition.

Tldr: imo Kaidou will be his best in his death as Luffy's best PK opponent / rival compared to being his subordinate. While Zoro perform a dragon-slaying feat against a true dragon instead Kaidou's fish (?).

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Imo Kaidou is too savage to be anyone's subordinate in his prime. Imo he's much better meeting death in his battle's climax, at the very end, against Luffy. Kaidou stating that he wants to be PK is a direct opposing factor of ZKK imo, since it pits Kaidou directly against Luffy's ambition.

So while i disagree with ZKK from the start, Zoro releasing Asura is already surpassed my expectation about Zoro's role against Kaidou, since i expected Zoro to have his own exclusive opponent and not interfere in Luffy's PK competition just like Luffy should not be interfering in WSS competition.

Tldr: imo Kaidou will be his best in his death as Luffy's best PK opponent / rival compared to being his subordinate. While Zoro perform a dragon-slaying feat against a true dragon instead Kaidou's fish (?).
Kaido is a dragon. This fish is just taxonomy. The model is literally azure dragon.
Like how kaku is the cow/ox fruit but he's a giraffe.