WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
No King fight :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::milaugh:

I don't understand why you guys expect Kaido to have a God Valley flashback while fighting his daughter?
:choppawhat:

What on Earth does God Valley have to do with Yamato? How could Yamato possibly trigger a God Valley flashback? God Valley happened an entire decade before Yamato was born.

I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Linlin did not have a God Valley flashback during Mother Caramel because Mother Caramel has zero relationship to God Valley. Likewise Kaido will not have a God Valley flashback during Yamato vs Kaido, because Yamato has zero relationship to God Valley.
I’ve been right 7/7 times with Key narrative moments. I’m not missing with this one lmfao. It’s as bright as day. Forget Yamato, I know a Kaido flashback is coming.

We didn’t see God Valley in LinLins flashback because Xebec was not a central figure in her life.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
It actually boggles my mind man. Did people read Whole Cake Island? Katakuri seemed straight up invincible until a certain point. Even Luffy was struggling and struggling to get bits and pieces of CoO for 12 hours, etc...

How short are some people's memory spans? Katakuri's portrayal is levels above King. It's not even close.

Recency bias is actually shocking
Even Cracker has better feats than King. Hell, even fucking Ulti right now does lol

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
It actually boggles my mind man. Did people read Whole Cake Island? Katakuri seemed straight up invincible until a certain point. Even Luffy was struggling and struggling to get bits and pieces of CoO for 12 hours, etc...

How short are some people's memory spans? Katakuri's portrayal is levels above King. It's not even close.

Recency bias is actually shocking
King queen -> katakuri sorry

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I'm not talking about Sanji, Queen will cap his damage output if he stay in Zoan form. Right now Zoan queen is Low Tobiroppo level. When he goes to Human form he will probably be YC4 then Hybrid YC2.
Wtf kind of powerscaling is this?
Zoan Queen is still his most durable form, and Sanji still knocked his teeth out. Stop trying to downplay the feat

I've read the full spoiler, my thoughts below.

On Zoro
Given the details of the full spoiler, Zoro is probably going to fight King after he recovers. I don't know if Zoro will recover to full health, but it sounds like he will recover in a major fashion.

I'd expected Zoro to face King while injured, so I'll take my L.

If King is to be Zoro's main 1 vs 1, then I'm guessing that King defeats Marco and reveals himself to be stronger than him. Or perhaps Oda will find some other way to hype him up.

Regardless, I'll probably tentatively downgrade Zoro on my tier list if a recovered Zoro is to have a difficult fight with King (this is looking likely at this point).

if King defeats Marco at high difficulty or above, he's probably the strongest High Tier.

In expectation, I would guess that King > (?) Marco > Katakuri.

@Sentinel. Katakuri appears to be the weakest YC 1. I guess that he had the lowest bounty should have hinted at that.

At any rate, Zoro vs King will help us have a better idea on how Zoro compares to High Tiers in 1 vs 1 combat.

Unless King shows that he's capable of Haoshoku enhanced attacks, I'll not entertain the notion that he's above High Tier. Conversely, if he shows Haoshoku enhanced attacks, I'll place him at the lower end of Top Tier. This is because Haoshoku enhancement an ability that Kaido said only a "handful of the very strongest" can use:

I'm convinced that everyone that can clad themselves in Haoshoku is a Top Tier.

Bass Luffy went from lasting 2 seconds against Hybrid Kaido to stalemating him for 20 minutes due to Haoshoku enhanced attacks. It is that big a power up.

I did say I think a healthy Zoro mid diffs King, and that's looking unlikely given the narrative currently.

TL; Dr: tentative changes to my powerscaling:
  • Downgrading Zoro
  • Extent of downgrade depends on:
    • How recovered Zoro is when (if?) he faces King?
    • What difficulty does King push him to?
      • Does he use Asura?
      • Does he need to surpass himself a la Daz Bones?
  • Upgrading King. Extent of upgrade depends on:
    • Does King defeat Marco? If so, at what difficulty?
    • Can King clad his attacks in Haoshoku?

I don't plan to "wank" King. If a fully recovered Zoro is taken to high difficulty by him, I'll simply accept that I overrated Zoro (well I already believe that I overrated Zoro since I didn't expect King to face a recovered Zoro).

@Topi Jerami, @TheAncientCenturion, @ZenZu.

Oh, and Yamato > King.

I have been waiting for Zoro to show some indication that he was dissatisfied with his performance on the Rooftop or that he wants to face Kaido again, to feel confident endorsing Zoro having a second confrontation with Kaido. If a battle with King begins without him showing either, then he'll probably not fight Kaido again.

At this point, I am starting to believe that I was simply wrong and that Zoro may be done with Kaido. But I'll wait to see Zoro's thoughts when he recovers, before I endorse the position that Zoro will not fight Kaido again.

(ZKK is something else. It'll remain an option until I stop believing that Kaido must die).

Revised expectations for Zoro:
  • Zoro is at the bottom of the top tiers/an in-betweener
    • Moderate confidence but depends on the outcome of Zoro vs King.
    • I'll remove my downgrade if Zoro simply never fights King.
  • Zoro doesn't fight Kaido again.
    • Low confidence, but I think it's more likely than not.
    • I'll change my mind if:
      • Zoro indicates dissatisfaction with his performance on the Rooftop.
      • Zoro states that he wants to fight Kaido again.

@Paperchampion23: here's me changing my mind, when things didn't play out as I initially expected (despite writing multiple thousand words essays that argued for those initial expectations). We should always update on new information.

On Yamato
I'm really interested in seeing Yamato's reaction to hearing that Luffy survived.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Yamato only appears to make her declaration. I was hoping that she'd intercept an attack of Kaido's. Oh well, you can't have everything.

I'm mostly excited for next week. The week after that is a break week, so the chapter may end in a cliffhanger. I'm hoping that it's a Yamato cliffhanger. The most likely choice is DF reveal (perhaps the chapter ends with her silhouetted or we see her eyes change to slits, or maybe get a hint of her teeth profile):

Maybe it's because I'm greedy, but I want Yamato vs Kaido to go on for a while. I'd love to see how her prowess with a Kanabo and stats match up to Kaido's.

I'm hoping for a Yamato Haoshoku reveal before she shows her Devil Fruit.
I think Zoro already showed dissatisfaction right after he scarred kaido. He said he wanted to knock kaido off his feet but he couldn't accomplish that considering his condition.

S

Sugimoto 14

Sanji fans are so desperate for feats. They will take ANYTHING for Sanji and start celebrating it, a single kick against Basic ass Zoan Queen who is not even remotely trying.

Anyways, despite of being background character and featless, King portrayal is more or less in the same ballpark as Katakuri...of course if King doesn't live up to his name and portrayal down the arc, then I will troll him though.....

Look, Traflagar Law and Kidd are going to push Big Mom to a High-Diff fight, and with Big Mom plot always in the way, she will be incapaciated. Law will then use room and cut up Big Mom and Kaido (I do not think Kaido will die), leaving the marines to come in and take the body parts of BM & Kaido to impel down. Luffy will come back and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.