Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, but by all indications his invincibility stems from his Devil Fruit.

I don't think you're being serious or that it's worth the effort, but everyone from Yamato, to Linlin to CP 0 to the Scabbards to Luffy to the other Supernova to Momonosuke to Kaido himself have hyped up Kaido's Devil Fruit.

It's really not worth the effort, but there's a fuckton of panels where Kaido's Devil Fruit is hyped as the source of his might.

His race isn't the main reason he's invincible in a 1 vs 1.

That's a bad speculation. It requires contradicting over a dozen very credible characters including CP 0, Linlin, Yamato and Kaido himself.
Kaido was introduced as a character that couldn't be killed even in the context of being imprisoned and potentially exposed to seastone, his daughter has been emphasized to have abnormal durability just like him and, following this last point, what they both have (minimum) in common is that they both remain members of an unknown race —which has been a recurring theme with Kaido, from Nami noticing the inhuman part of him instead of his superlative strength to the emperor himself reflecting on the nature of humans (which he isn't) after defeating Luffy.

The fact here is that we don't know why he's invincible in a 1 versus 1. I'm not denying that it may be about his fruit, but I'm not denying other possibilities either.

This is stupid. If you honestly believe this, you're not just mistaken about One Piece, you're fundamentally mistaken about how the world itself works.

My gosh, this is incredibly stupid.

I'm not here to teach you epistemology, let's just drop this.

I don't want to insult you anymore than I already have.
The world itself works in a way that any attempt at establishing a probability without first doing what I stated, which is understanding the variables affecting the event you want to make predictions about and assign credences to, is futile. Even the most basic event of flipping a coin requires controlling fairness, measuring the variance of the distribution... and, to do so, studying the variables involved. What you are doing here is establishing probabilities for events happening in a story where one chapter may introduce, out of the blue, a significant variable affecting them. And this happens because Oda himself is a variable we can't control nor predict as he may introduce elemments noone took into account (Carmel's portrait) or play with expectations only to subvert them as a narrative tool (Leo had a fruit based on sewing yet had no direct interaction with Doflamingo's string power), making it difficult to take any attempt at establishing probabilities with seriousness.

Stating that what I expressed is incredibly stupid is like saying that it's stupid to state that maybe we should take into account the wind direction, the possibility of it being loaded, how the person is purposely throwing it... when assigning probabilities to the outcomes of flipping a coin; all of which you need to do to assure that it will be close to 50/50 when n tends to infinity. And, again, we are in a story in which Oda not only may suddenly introduce a strong wind, but may also make us believe the wind is blowing in a different direction it actually is for the sake of subvertion.

It's fine not to care about my numbers. They're not for you.

Your core claim that we can't usefully assign credences to One Piece events is extremely stupid.

Like I'm not insulting you, but I can't convey adequately just how nonsensical an idea this is.

The claim isn't meaningfully wrong, it's nonsense.
We can assign credences to One Piece events as much as we want, and don't get me wrong because confidence on something happening may indeed be well-founded, but we should do it by understanding first that we aren't flipping a coin with supported fairness and, therefore, we are free to not focus so much on "indications" and "hints", let alone establishing very specific probabilities, since we're ultimately Oda's bitches and we depend on whatever he come up with as the uncontrollable variable he's.

That's all what I was trying to express.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@Charlotte Horchata: first of all, I'd like to apologise to you. I was a real dick yesterday, and I'm sorry.

Kaido was introduced as a character that couldn't be killed even in the context of being imprisoned and potentially exposed to seastone, his daughter has been emphasized to have abnormal durability just like him and, following this last point, what they both have (minimum) in common is that they both remain members of an unknown race —which has been a recurring theme with Kaido, from Nami noticing the inhuman part of him instead of his superlative strength to the emperor himself reflecting on the nature of humans (which he isn't) after defeating Luffy.
I think he has racial traits that make him abnormally durable.

The fact here is that we don't know why he's invincible in a 1 versus 1. I'm not denying that it may be about his fruit, but I'm not denying other possibilities either.
I don't think they are equal possibilities?

We have over a dozen characters (some of them are extremely credible) hyping up Kaido's fruit. We have nothing in the story hyping up his race.

The only thing that hypes up his race is that he and Yamato are both very durable. However, that may simply be the result of their respective Devil Fruits.

Kaido's Devil Fruit as a hypothesis is not equal to Kaido's race (or other explanations).

The Devil Fruit has a fuckton of evidence in its favour.

Other explanations have nothing.

Even the most basic event of flipping a coin requires controlling fairness, measuring the variance of the distribution... and, to do so, studying the variables involved.
Not really. I can apply the zero information prior. There are two possibilities I initially assume both are equally likely. And then I update on new information from there using Laplace's rule of succession.

Prior probabilities are probabilities you assign before making any observations.

So no, you're just flat out wrong here. You don't have to do any measurements before assigning a prior. You always have a prior. When you first take measurements before expressing your credences, you just have implicit unexpressed priors.

Well, I subscribe to the Bayes school of probability theory.

Wikipedia article on Bayesian statistics.

Stating that what I expressed is incredibly stupid is like saying that it's stupid to state that maybe we should take into account the wind direction, the possibility of it being loaded, how the person is purposely throwing it... when assigning probabilities to the outcomes of flipping a coin; all of which you need to do to assure that it will be close to 50/50 when n tends to infinity. And, again, we are in a story in which Oda not only may suddenly introduce a strong wind, but may also make us believe the wind is blowing in a different direction it actually is for the sake of subvertion.
Hmm, I guess I'm ingrained in a philosophy of probability theory where what you said is the equivalent of saying:
"You can't express odd numbers in terms of their prime factors" (e.g you can't express 33 as the product of 3 x 11).

If someone told you that, wouldn't it sound stupid to you? Like nonsense? 33 is literally 3 x 11, and someone is saying no, you can't do that.

I'm ingrained in a philosophy of probability theory (and I honestly think it's the only sensible philosophy of probability theory), where the probability of an even is not some objective fact about the world, but merely an expression of subjective belief in a proposition.

When I say the probability of the coin coming up heads is 50%, it doesn't mean that the coin comes up heads 50% of the time. It means that my confidence in the coin coming up heads is 50%.

Probability assignments are credences.

All propositions can be assigned probabilities. You can never not assign a credence. Hell, even if you haven't explicitly assigned a credence to a particular proposition, there is an implicit credence.

For every proposition, there's always some credence attached (even if it's just implicit).

I don't want to go into this at more length because epistemology isn't what I'm here to discuss, but your statements were literally nonsense. Like as nonsense as saying: "you can't factorise odd numbers".

we are free to not focus so much on "indications" and "hints
Not really. I think trying to speculate with no basis for speculation is writing fanfic not real theory crafting.

Speculations with no basis are very likely to be wrong. Such hypotheses should not be privileged.

let alone establishing very specific probabilities
Hmm, well you always have a certain degree of confidence in a belief even if you don't explicitly express it.

Stating it explicitly helps me keep track of my beliefs and update them on new evidence in a coherent manner.

i regret hoping it was not byakko. it would be better than being wanda ugly sister.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inari_Ōkami
I think that Yamato is Inu Inu no mi, Model Inari no Kitsune.
Yamato hybrid form looks definitely vulpine, it's not tiger or wolf and it's for sure Mythical Zoan. It could be just Okami but I think that wolf features should be more prominent for that.
her ear look exactly like concelot sulong. he is a fox mink:

but also look like komashika: