Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I still wouldn't like that he just recycles ideas from someone else and using it for other plots. Even Vegapunk made it recently as it was said in EL/Alabasta. And it was shown to be something of the sort which was a unique tech he created. We already got some BS with Judge and his weird tech and now I can see all science BS to be added here and there. I was hoping it to be a proper unique plot which will revolve around Vegapunk, science is already just his random thoughts mixing without any thought to science itself. But now with even this...first smiles, then this items eating smiles...too much for me to take any hype for Vegapunk now :specialmeh:
I agree that if Vega created that recently it doesnt make sense. But maybe Queenie stole some ideas from vega and tested them on the smiles.

But the whole point is likely to show that every big ideas came from vegapunk and other managed only to deepen some of his ideas, and often their results are imperfect and only vegapunk can truely succeed

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Why does it hint toward Zoro vs King? I don't see any hint.

Zoro vs King has no build-up or connection.

Name me any main fight happening so far in this war and I can tell you why it makes sense and how Oda built it up before its occurence.

For example; BM wanted to capture Robin. She was the only F6 who was given a mission to capture her. So Robin vs BM makes sense.
franky vs sasaki? page one & ulti vs name & usopp? tbh only sanji vs queen & jinbe vs who's who had some sort of buildup. bm happened to capture a strawhat so she tried to get robin to surrender. yall reaching with this build up narrative.

What I don't agree with is the nuance of Stephen's translation which I feel doesn't correctly capture what Oda is saying here and Oda's choice of words here using "Luffy's precious two wings/Both of Luffy's precious wings" in reference to Zoro and Sanji is also very important to understanding the overall nuance of the sentence/phrase. It cannot be left out imo.
I do not believe anything is lost with “Zoro and Sanji have Luffy’s back”

Again, I think you are taking the words themselves too literally. Like the statement doesn’t really mean anything outside of what Stephen said

Like unless you want some kind of hierarchy, that Zoro and Sanji are MORE special than the rest of the strawhats or something which I doubt very much is what Luffy would actually believe

Momotaro and his guards fought demons (plural), not one demon.
And Kaido is right now the only "Demon" right now. His crew members aren't onis and I doubt Marco get waste for beating weak ass Numbers.

In the moment when Yamato get a similar dog df and Momo going back with Luffy to Kaido, it clearly show that Oda want to play the Momotaro story on Kaido with Momo+Luffy+Yamato+Marco facing Kaido.

i find it extremely contradictory to call sanji the wing of the pirate king, yet make luffy ask for momo to fly him up to onigashima.

and i get that only momo can hear luffy but still, that could be handled better.
Not literal wings, but the metaphorical wings that will allow Luffys rise to PK status...

Luffy is doing this so Momo has an effect in the war, not because it is strictly needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.