Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard disagree. How does Carrot have more personality than Vivi? And comparing Shirahoshi and Rebecca to Vivi is just wrong.

Neither Shirahoshi or Rebecca were able to advise and teach Luffy something like Vivi and neither of them were as liked by Luffy as Vivi.

Carrots personality is legit nonexistent. She’s a fanservice character. Yamato’s personality is pretty great until she brings up his oden fetish then it gets really uncomfortable. Vivi is a strong willed and intelligent individual with a very enjoyable personality.
Vivi was only meant to be the princess character she no different than rebecca and shiraoshi. You know those two girl have some personality too. Yeah luffy learn stuff from her one time in drum island you are exagerating her role a little bit. Her personality really just about her being a good princess and she only cared about saving her country.

Vivi was only meant to be the princess character she no different than rebecca and shiraoshi. You know those two girl have some personality too. Yeah luffy learn stuff from her one time in drum island you are exagerating her role a little bit.
How am I exaggerating. Luffy doesn’t even refer to Shirahoshi as her name. Did Luffy not say that Vivi is and always will be a straw hat? I don’t remember any of these other “princesses“ getting that from Luffy.

How am I exaggerating. Luffy doesn’t even refer to Shirahoshi as her name. Did Luffy not say that Vivi is and always will be a straw hat? I don’t remember any of these other “princesses“ getting that from Luffy.
I was reffering to her advise and teach luffy. There only one scene. Luffy told her she can be treated as a straw hat because she appears to travel with them. Most likely rebecca and especially shiraoshi would have the same treatement if they travel with him.

I was reffering to her advise and teach luffy. There only one scene. Luffy told her she can be treated as a straw hat because she appears to travel with them. Most likely rebecca and especially shiraoshi would have the same treatement if they travel with him.
Luffy doesn’t even call Shirahoshi by name. And Luffy literally said she’d always be a Nakama through the legendary tattoo scene.

She's done.

What many of us have been preaching for so many months has officially been confirmed. Yamao is Wano's guardian! I thought she'd have the White Tiger, and then after last chapter a Kirin. Primary reason being that these were both powerful mythological eastern guardians and it would fit with Yamao's character as the protector and guardian of Momonosuke. But Oda went above and beyond my expectations and made it explicitly clear for even the slowest ones to catch one. Giving them absolutely no wriggle room.

All those looking for Yamao's role in the crew suggesting maybe she could be the chronicler... or the cabin boy...or the "Oden" of the crew... Here is the role you were looking, being shouted out loud for all to hear.

Her position is the guardian. Not of the straw hat crew of course. But of Momo and Wano. That is where she belongs and that is who she will stay with come the end of the arc.

Oda even put in some symbolism.
The collision of their attacks form a yin yang. A symbol that represents duality and change.

Fire vs Ice
Light vs Dark
Good vs Evil

Kaido is referred to as a guardian deity just like Yamao. This yin yang of change could symbolise the shift from Wano's evil guardian deity to Yamao a good guardian deity.

Either way her chances of joining the crew and well and truly crushed. It would be wild to think Oda would ever give a nakama a devil fruit power that is so explicitly tied down to a single country. Her fruit will always be wano's guardian wolf. The guardian of Wano needs to be with the people of Wano. 2 + 2 = 4.

She's done.

What many of us have been preaching for so many months has officially been confirmed. Yamao is Wano's guardian! I thought she'd have the White Tiger, and then after last chapter a Kirin. Primary reason being that these were both powerful mythological eastern guardians and it would fit with Yamao's character as the protector and guardian of Momonosuke. But Oda went above and beyond my expectations and made it explicitly clear for even the slowest ones to catch one. Giving them absolutely no wriggle room.

All those looking for Yamao's role in the crew suggesting maybe she could be the chronicler... or the cabin boy...or the "Oden" of the crew... Here is the role you were looking, being shouted out loud for all to hear.

Her position is the guardian. Not of the straw hat crew of course. But of Momo and Wano. That is where she belongs and that is who she will stay with come the end of the arc.

Oda even put in some symbolism.
The collision of their attacks form a yin yang. A symbol that represents duality and change.

Fire vs Ice
Light vs Dark
Good vs Evil

Kaido is referred to as a guardian deity just like Yamao. This yin yang of change could symbolise the shift from Wano's evil guardian deity to Yamao a good guardian deity.

Either way her chances of joining the crew and well and truly crushed. It would be wild to think Oda would ever give a nakama a devil fruit power that is so explicitly tied down to a single country. Her fruit will always be wano's guardian wolf. The guardian of Wano needs to be with the people of Wano. 2 + 2 = 4.
Ah so the best thing for Yamato is to fulfill the villains dream of her protecting Wano.

Good one. She literally says she wants to free Wano, not protect it, in the very panels you claim supports it. She wasn't meant to eat the fruit, Kaido was supposed to give it to someone who was meant to rule Wano while he went out Pirating.

Good one. She literally says she wants to free Wano, not protect it.
Lol

She wasn't meant to eat the fruit, Kaido was supposed to give it to someone who was meant to rule Wano while he went out Pirating.
Luffy wasn't meant to eat the gomu gomu. What is your point? Oda gave both of them their fruits for a very good reason.

Luffy's fruit perfectly captures who he is as an individual, just as Yamao's does her.

Yamato isn't joining sorry
She's too strong
She know too much
She has a df linked as deity of wano.

No Strawhat who joined has ever matched the main villain or lasted low-mid diff even
No strawhat that joined knew the secrets of the world

Carrot is the next nakama

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Yamato isn't joining sorry
She's too strong
She know too much
She has a df linked as deity of wano.

No Strawhat who joined has ever matched the main villain or lasted low-mid diff even
No strawhat that joined knew the secrets of the world

Carrot is the next nakama
Knowing too much is a non issue.

Rayleigh had acknowledged even more and still lived with Luffy all that time.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Woah…the same people who have been wrong about every single thing they’ve ever posted on this forum are saying Yamato’s done?? Fuck, guess it’s time to pack it in and go back to supporting *checks notes* Wait, where the hell is Carrot?? Still lying in a pool of her own blood, waiting to rescue Luffy from falling off Onigashima? About to pop up and go after Perospero to lose again after using her one skill? It’s weird, because I see all the biased, delusional fuckheads saying one thing, but reality’s showing me another, I don’t know who to trust…

You said she never said she wanted to protect Wano. You were wrong. She did.
When Kaido is done, she has no reason to stay.
Wano won't magically be perfectly fine as soon as Kaido is defeated. It will still be in ruin with poisoned rivers and food, slave factories, drought and famine all over the place and the issue of Wano's borders.

Wano was closed to protect it from the WG. The borders served their purpose in blocking outsiders from bringing harm to Wano. But when the arc ends, CP0 and the WG will know that Wano's borders are open and that the country is in a very vulnerable position after the battle. They need someone to protect against the threat the WG now poses that it didn't before. Wano's guardian will do her job and guard Wano.

You said she never said she wanted to protect Wano. You were wrong. She did.

Wano won't magically be perfectly fine as soon as Kaido is defeated. It will still be in ruin with poisoned rivers and food, slave factories, drought and famine all over the place and the issue of Wano's borders.

Wano was closed to protect it from the WG. The borders served their purpose in blocking outsiders from bringing harm to Wano. But when the arc ends, CP0 and the WG will know that Wano's borders are open and that the country is in a very vulnerable position after the battle. They need someone to protect against the threat the WG now poses that it didn't before. Wano's guardian will do her job and guard Wano.
Way to goalpost. You know exactly what I mean. She said from Kaido. She has said she wants to leave only 50 times already.

Yamato, as a "secondary" character, has received far more screentime in the span on 40 chapters than any other character on the series outside of Law. She has more than tripled Carrots panel count in this arc alone in less than a 3rd of the chapters. She has had far more focus than even Wano centric characters like Kinemon and the other scabbards.
She has even been given more focus than Momo.

Oda didn't introduce her 80 chapters into Wano only to leave her in Wano. It's extremely obvious as to where this is going and it's baffling to me that users here will gravitate towards any minimal piece of dialogue that doesn't even really support their arguments.

Again, she said "protect from you", as in Kaido, not "protect Wano" as a formal permanent goal.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Way to goalpost. You know exactly what I mean. She said from Kaido. She has said she wants to leave only 50 times already.

Yamato, as a "secondary" character, has received far more screentime in the span on 40 chapters than any other character on the series outside of Law. She has more than tripled Carrots panel count in this arc alone in less than a 3rd of the chapters. She has had far more focus than even Wano centric characters like Kinemon and the other scabbards.
She has even been given more focus than Momo.

Oda didn't introduce her 80 chapters into Wano only to leave her in Wano. It's extremely obvious as to where this is going and it's baffling to me that users here will gravitate towards any minimal piece of dialogue that doesn't even really support their arguments.

Again, she said "protect from you", as in Kaido, not "protect Wano" as a formal permanent goal.
“Goalpost” doesn’t begin to describe it…first, it was all about how Pedro’s will outstrips Ace and Roger’s, then it was Carrot being the only acceptable candidate for lookout, a role you might recognize as being filled by anyone with eyes like the sharpshooter Usopp or the navigator Nami, and I don’t even know what it is now, but I know too many useless words have been spent on whatever the latest flimsy defense is :few:

Way to goalpost. She said from Kaido. She has said she wants to leave only 50 times already.
Lol, you mention goalposts and then your entire post completely changes topic and resorts to a generic spiel about why Yamao is going to join?
Oda didn't introduce her 80 chapters into Wano only to leave her in Wano.
He's not leaving her in Wano. She's just not joining the crew.
She said "from you" because she was speaking directly to Kaido. Yamao hasn't even been to mainland Wano in 20 years. She has no idea how poor condition it is in nor fully understand the looming threat that awaits. She fights for Wano and she fights for the Kozuki.

If these things are still in danger then it makes no sense for her to abandon them. That's why she'll get to follow both of her desires at the same time. Protecting both Wano and adventuring.

Honestly, when Yamato's hybrid was revealed, I was kinda disappointed with how it was presented, but also didn't hate it. At least, I had a better first impression than Kaido's hybrid did(and that grew on me).

Yamato looks a lot better and sharper from different angles. Definitely way better than before.

Glad to see this thread hasn't changed much lol

Nothing in this chapter lessens Yamato's chances of becoming a straw hat. The only person who wants Yamato to stay in Wano is Kaido, who will be kicked out of Wano and will no longer matter anyway. Kaido's words don't mean spit.

Yamato herself also said that her protecting Wano is only temporary many chapters ago, her responsibilities to Wano will end once Kaido is defeated.

Since when has taking the words of a fallen arc villain ever been relevant to the candidacy of a straw hat? Arlong said the same shit to Nami, that didn't stop her from joining the crew.

On the other hand, every straw hat who joined had their biggest obstacle/enemy defeated and resolved by Luffy. And Yamato being under the thumb of Kaido, a Yonko-is the biggest example to date.

The buildup for Yamato to become a straw hat have been normal and there's nothing wrong to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.