Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you mention goalposts and then your entire post completely changes topic and resorts to a generic spiel about why Yamao is going to join?

He's not leaving her in Wano. She's just not joining the crew.

She said "from you" because she was speaking directly to Kaido. Yamao hasn't even been to mainland Wano in 20 years. She has no idea how poor condition it is in nor fully understand the looming threat that awaits. She fights for Wano and she fights for the Kozuki.

If these things are still in danger then it makes no sense for her to abandon them. That's why she'll get to follow both of her desires at the same time. Protecting both Wano and adventuring.
Describing Yamato's merits isn't goalposting lol. Nothing in my post changed the argument at hand.

You see how you have to make up "feelings" for Yamato to try and argue your point? How she "would" react if she saw something distressing in Wano? How she "would" stay based on your opinion of her? This is the same type of BS arguments I dealt with when people were going ballistic for Sanji vs King, how Sanji "would" protect Momo because King "would" totally go after him. That totally happened right?

And your other counterpoint would be like Franky keeping a permanent obligation to the Franky Family, or Jinbe never leaving FI or his crew, or Sanji never leaving Baratie, or Chopper never leaving Kureha. Yamato's history with Wano does not bound her to Wano, especially when she herself has made several claims to leaving with Luffy already

Describing Yamato's merits isn't goalposting lol. Nothing in my post changed the argument at hand.
Yes it is. If we're talking specifically about Yamao as a guardian of Wano and then you suddenly go off on a tangent and start talking about panel time and listing off the first Yamao4nakama arguments that pop into your head, then yes, you are moving the goalposts by not responding to the specific topic we were both originally discussing.
You see how you have to make up "feelings" for Yamato to try and argue your point? How she "would" react if she saw something distressing in Wano? This is the same BS arguments I dealt with when people were going ballistic for Sanji vs King, how Sanji "would" protect Momo because King "would" totally go after as him.
I'm not making up any feelings. Simply following her established characterisation.
And your other counterpoint would be like Franky keeping a permanent obligation to the Franky Family, or Jinbe never leaving FI or his crew, or Sanji never leaving Baratie, or Chopper never leaving Kureha. Yamato's history with Wano does not bound her to Wano, especially when she herself has made several claims to leaving with Luffy already
Except for the major difference that Yamao doesn't have a proper relationship with Wano. The Franky Family, Sun pirates, Baratie, Kureha, they all loved their respective straw hats and shared great times with one another over many years. And none of them were actually still needed in their islands of origin.

The Franky Family was fully accepted into society, the sun pirates never wanted to be pirates, The 20 MDs were all back in Sakura Kingdom so there were tons of doctors and Zeff had been trying to get rid of Sanji for a while.

This is literally the complete opposite with Yamao. The people of Wano don't know her and they are in dire need of a guardian and guiding figure The set up is all there. The reason Orochi became a villain is because he was persecuted for the crimes of his clan. Wano citizens literally created their own villain. This will be the perfect redemption for them to accept Yamao despite being Kaido's daughter and allow her to help them.

Yes it is. If we're talking specifically about Yamao as a guardian of Wano and then you suddenly go off on a tangent and start talking about panel time and listing off the first Yamao4nakama arguments that pop into your head, then yes, you are moving the goalposts by not responding to the specific topic we were both originally discussing.

I'm not making up any feelings. Simply following her established characterisation.

Except for the major difference that Yamao doesn't have a proper relationship with Wano. The Franky Family, Sun pirates, Baratie, Kureha, they all loved their respective straw hats and shared great times with one another. None of them were actually needed in their islands of origin.

The Franky Family was fully accepted into society, the sun pirates never wanted to be pirates, The 20 MDs were all back in Sakura Kingdom so there were tons of doctors and Zeff had been trying to get rid of Sanji for a while.

This is literally the complete opposite with Yamao. The people of Wano don't know her and they are in dire need of a guardian and guiding figure The set up is all there. The reason Orochi became a villain is because he was persecuted for the crimes of his clan. Wano citizens literally created their own villain. This will be the perfect redemption for them to accept Yamao despite being Kaido's daughter and allow her to help them.
1. I literally stayed on topic. I told you she said "protect from you", as in Kaido. I can say whatever I want in between that. I even reiterated it at the end of that comment. So no, you are wrong lmao

2. I like how in order to try and reduce Yamato as a potential crewmate in your eyes, you call her "Yamao" constantly here, a throwaway line from Luffy who was poking fun at her Oden quirk.

3. You are right, Yamato doesn't have a proper relationship with Wano, hence why she isn't staying lol. Yamato is redundant to the scabbards, who very clearly will be alive to protect their future Shogun at the end of the arc. Orochi will be replaced by Momo, not Yamato.

Speaking about yamato df, it really surprise me that oda decided to canonically mention ooguchi no makami as wano guardian. Not really in for yamato stay in wano. But so far I like how oda design yamato. A wolf is just perfect. An animal that represent harmony
:akaman:
It really support my agenda on yamato final plot eos, although it's still hard for me to place yamato, if it's to become nakama or an ally.
:brootea:

Speaking about yamato df, it really surprise me that oda decided to canonically mention ooguchi no makami as wano guardian. Not really in for yamato stay in wano. But so far I like how oda design yamato. A wolf is just perfect. An animal that represent harmony
:akaman:
It really support my agenda on yamato final plot eos, although it's still hard for me to place yamato, if it's to become nakama or an ally.
:brootea:
I do find it funny how Oda lowkey copied Alabasta just with mythical devil fruits here.

A dog fruit and a bird fruit
Post automatically merged:

It will, just not directly by Momo for the time being.

Momo will still be the shogun. In fact, the reason he will be away is precisely because he is the shogun.
You can’t be the shogun if you’re not in wano

Because by definition of a shogun they’re the general of the country. Don’t know how you expect a general to be outside of the country and govern it properly
The Shogun in One Piece is treated more like a king than an actual general. No one is going to go to the 8 year old Momo and ask for military commands.

If all the kings in the WG could leave their countries for weeks on end to attend the Reverie. Momo can leave Wano in order to do something of even greater importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.