Will ZKk Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah iirc there's daifuku and a bunch of fodder on the big mom ship. let's see though.
Ok so brook, kidd and law vs bigmom (boy the sanjis fans won't be able to rest after this one even though broke being there is only because he can counter)

I think neko will fail against perospero. Leaving koby to save him

Helmeppo fights daifuku

Boa fights smoothie

Jinbe and Who's Who fight continues

X drake vs jack (1 flying 6 should fight a commnader event though xdrake is a former flying 6).

Franky vs saski continues

Chopper vs page one

I'll ask again, from a story telling perspective what merit is there to Oda restarting these matchups with these two characters?
It's just to have certain character dynamics applied for the sake of having character dynamics applied.
It generally goes like this:
Jinbe must fight Jack.
Brook must fight Who's Who.
Usopp must fight Page One.
Franky must rematch Sasaki?
etcetera...

None taken ^^

Context is important here though ^^". The examples you give were not really final battles, and Oda was still in the process of setting things up. Moreover, there was no semblance of conclusiveness in those battles you name for the protagonists and it is pretty clear now that Oda is giving each of these matchups that he has set-up proper focus, concluding them and moving on to the next one.

I'll ask again, from a story telling perspective what merit is there to Oda restarting these matchups with these two characters?
I think WW might be like Mr2 or Absalom, they become relevant in some capacity after the fights conclude.
And with WW the setup would be clear, something with Nika and CP-0.

But as combatants? I doubt anyone of them are relevant.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Ok so brook, kidd and law vs bigmom (boy the sanjis fans won't be able to rest after this one even though broke being there is only because he can counter)

I think neko will fail against perospero. Leaving koby to save him

Helmeppo fights daifuku

Boa fights smoothie

Jinbe and Who's Who fight continues

X drake vs jack (1 flying 6 should fight a commnader event though xdrake is a former flying 6).

Franky vs saski continues

Chopper vs page one
maybe yeah. but i highly doubt chopper and page one are getting back up. and i think neko finishes perospero while koby fights daifuku and helmeppo holds back the other BM children.

It's just to have certain character dynamics applied for the sake of having character dynamics applied.
It generally goes like this:
Jinbe must fight Jack.
Brook must fight Who's Who
Usopp must fight Page One.
Franky must rematch Sasaki?
etcetera...
Still believe that drake has to prove himself from a power standpoint though

People should give up there's no reason to bring back the defeated TR back, we are way past 100 chapters, the arc has to end at some point and even with the TR defeated there's still unresolved plot points and fights (Hawkins, Apoo, Peros, Jack, Queen, King, Big Mom and Kaido are reserved for last).

Tho Oda could axe Apoo and Hawkins by turning them against, so far it seems like there might be another gauntlet waiting for Big Mom and Kaido before they get beaten for good.

G

Gorosei Informer

I wonder what the deal was with Black Maria's angel fruit.
It seemed to work more like a SMILE than a regular fruit.
I had a theory earlier that she's actually a SMILE user pretending to be a Zoan. As part of the themes of deception and manipulation with her and her cronies, as well as being the owner of a brothel and a sort of "Mata Hari"/femme fatale type figure, she will be used to seducing and manipulating others, especially men ofc.

If she's a Smille and can't hide her spider half by transforming into her original form fully or whatever, that would explain a LOT. She can hide the spider half with her kimono and it fits with how spiders can lure and trap their prey ofc. Same with "Black Widow" from Marvel and other femme fatales naturally.

I was complaining about her spider half having it's own face but the Smile theory would fix that and I did complain about it shooting fireballs now too BUT Holdem's lion feature/aspect/part or whatever was able to shoot fireballs somehow. So Maria being able to do the same fits with that, but fuck knows if Oda is gonna explain how it works. We're still waiting on Red Hawk, Diable Jambe and Asura to be explained, sigh lol.

Time to invoke the memetastic glory of Jojo's (and thus Araki) and Bethesda games (and thus Todd Howard) to summarise this situation:....

"It just works" somehow!

:lusalty::saden::kaidowhat::nicagesmile:

I think the problem is, you and I have a different assumption as to how the matches "finished". I personally do not believe they are restarting, just simply that Oda decided add abrupt transitions in the midst of their battles. Aka, there are just breaks into their battles, its non sequential.

From a story telling perspective, a few reasons I can give are:

- Sun God Nika has not really been elaborated on
- The anger Jinbe feels about this topic has also not really been touched on, whatever relationship Nika has to the Sun Pirate symbolism
- Who's Who's actual identity has not been revealed. No actual name, just his status to Rob Lucci in CP9. CP-0 purposefully left out his name, why? No face reveal either. Why?
- His direct relation to Bao Huang and the Mary's is unknown, yet they share the same symbols on their bodies. For some reason, CP-0 are using those feeds, not Who's Who.
- People forget that for 1000 chapters, Franky mostly fought with his own body, not General Franky. Franky got out mostly unscathed in his fight with Sasaki. He has far more weapons to his arsenal on his own person than a suit of armor.
- Ancient Zoans have high recovery. With no transitions on their defeat, we can't even see if they are down.
- Who knows if Oda wanted to have them defeated, only to have them recover and/or use Awakening? This is something we can't know for sure until we see them down first.

I actually ask this seriously, try and show me another example in this series where a fight has "ended" and you couldn't see the outcome. These 2 fights would be the first ever in the series that did not clearly show the outcome of a fight. What I mean by this is show the villain laying defeated, or the protagonists acknowledgement of a win, typically with a "don" or "doom" sfx. It happens quite literally every time.

Here's some examples of what I mean out of many:

Now go back and compare to Jinbe and Franky's fights in Wano. They do not receive this. Robin did this chapter, that's what I mean. We get a little "ben" and a closeup shot of Black Maria laying defeated.

That's all I'm trying to say. I get the merit that they "should" be over, but hopefully what I'm saying above makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.