Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument for Carrot has always (from all the way back on Zou) had to be based on the idea that Oda is doing something completely different with to every other Strawhat as some master plan to throw readers off the scent.

I’m confident in saying if that was his intent, it was a bad decision. Robin worked because she was enigmatic as hell.

Carrot is the complete opposite of enigmatic, what you see is what you get. And what we’re seeing (rarely) is a fun side-character, not a Strawhat in waiting.

Aged up Momo I’ll be paying attention to, I would for an aged up Tama as well.

Carrot’s still a huge nope, Yamato’s the bookies favourite.
An adult Tama would probably become a totally different character at that point,so i wouldnt like that. But a Tama aged up just a little,around 13-14 years old,an age similar to Shanks and Buggy when they were with Roger,would be cool!

I've no offense if Yamato did became SH Crew.. But it seems like zorotards is the huge fan of this idea as they can belittle sanji being lower than Yamato and so create safe gap between sanji and zoro. They entirely hate the fact that Oda equalize both sanji and zoro as Pirate King 'Wings'

People underestimate the threats that await Wano after the arc ends.

The opening of Wano's borders is a huge deal. They've been shut for 800 years for a specific reason.
"Why does Wano need protection now all of a sudden? What about all those years before Kaido? Who was the guardian then?" Well, Wano's borders were the main guardian. The secrecy surrounding the nation helped protect it by mystifying the acts of powerful samurai such as Ryuma who was known to fight for Wano, turning them into legends.
"Your country is still free for now!" All this while, Wano's borders are what allowed it to be free from the WG.

Opening the borders doesn't mean that the WG is no longer a threat. Rather the opposite, this is the time to finally fight back. It's no surprise that just before the arc started we learnt about the WG's plans for a "great cleansing". They're the greatest threat throughout the whole arc that's been lurking in the shadows as seen with CP0 keeping a watchful eye on the events. Kaido's just a "mere yonko" in the long run.

Wano's a deeply important nation. Possibly the most important we've visited in the series thus far.

By the end of the arc, Wano will be liberated but still be in terrible condition and prone to an attack. Opening Wano's borders in this context means joining up with other nations and cooperating with one another against a common enemy. It will make Wano vulnerable in the short term but is absolutely necessary for the long term. Having a guardian figure like Yamao to help out Momo and Wano during this vulnerable phase makes total sense.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
People underestimate the threats that await Wano after the arc ends.

The opening of Wano's borders is a huge deal. They've been shut for 800 years for a specific reason.
"Why does Wano need protection now all of a sudden? What about all those years before Kaido? Who was the guardian then?" Well, Wano's borders were the main guardian. The secrecy surrounding the nation helped protect it by mystifying the acts of powerful samurai such as Ryuma who was known to fight for Wano, turning them into legends.
"Your country is still free for now!" All this while, Wano's borders are what allowed it to be free from the WG.

Opening the borders doesn't mean that the WG is no longer a threat. Rather the opposite, this is the time to finally fight back. It's no surprise that just before the arc started we learnt about the WG's plans for a "great cleansing". They're the greatest threat throughout the whole arc that's been lurking in the shadows as seen with CP0 keeping a watchful eye on the events. Kaido's just a "mere yonko" in the long run.

Wano's a deeply important nation. Possibly the most important we've visited in the series thus far.

By the end of the arc, Wano will be liberated but still be in terrible condition and prone to an attack. Opening Wano's borders in this context means joining up with other nations and cooperating with one another against a common enemy. It will make Wano vulnerable in the short term but is absolutely necessary for the long term. Having a guardian figure like Yamao to help out Momo and Wano during this vulnerable phase makes total sense.
There was literally a guy turning Wano into a shit hole for over 25 years and Yamato still wanted to dip....

Everyone left DR when Mingo was beaten, pissing off all the brokers and showed up at DR in anger. I wonder if Kyros and handle all of that, especially considering he so easily leaves DR to go to the Reverie.

Don't see why Wano and just Wano, would be any different and why only Yamato specially has to stay. Let's all forget about the Scabbards who could knock an Emperor out the sky.

There was literally a guy turning Wano into a shit hole for over 25 years and Yamato still wanted to dip....
They disappeared at exactly the same time. Both Yamao and Kin emon's group hadn't seen Wano for 20 years. If this was Kin emon's reaction upon discovering how bad things are, then you'd expect the wannabe Oden to react similarly upon witnessing first hand the state of the country.
Everyone left DR when Mingo was beaten, pissing off all the brokers and showed up at DR in anger. I wonder if Kyros and handle all of that, especially considering he so easily leaves DR to go to the Reverie.
Dressrosa was just an ordinary country. There was no deep lore surrounding it like there is with Wano. The only reason Dressrosa was even relevant was because of Doffy. Once he was defeated there was no real danger posed to the country.

Funnily enough Oda even addressed this. Some fodder considered going to Dressrosa to grab their weapons but Fujitora acted as a deterrent and so anger turned to the Luffy and Law. Yes, Fujitora won't always be on Dressrosa, but there is nothing special about the country in the first place. It would just be assumed the navy took the weapons and that's the end of that problem.

Dressrosa was under threat by some angry fodder who had been cheated, whereas Wano is under threat by the most powerful organisation in the series that has been continuously eyeing up the country for reasons likely connected to the void century. Doesn't even begin to compare.
Don't see why Wano and just Wano, would be any different
Because as has repeatedly been brought up, Wano is one of, if not the most important nation we've been to in the series.
and why only Yamato specially has to stay. Let's all forget about the Scabbards who could knock an Emperor out the sky.
She won't be physically forced to stay. She could simply decide to stick with the people of Wano. If she goes with Momo to open the borders then she gets to fulfil her desire to adventure, whilst also fulfilling her desire to protect Momo, even if it kills her.

The scabbards can stay and look after the country whilst Momo and Yamao leave.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
They disappeared at exactly the same time. Both Yamao and Kin emon's group hadn't seen Wano for 20 years. If this was Kin emon's reaction upon discovering how bad things are, then you'd expect the wannabe Oden to react similarly upon witnessing first hand the state of the country.

Dressrosa was just an ordinary country. There was no deep lore surrounding it like there is with Wano. The only reason Dressrosa was even relevant was because of Doffy. Once he was defeated there was no real danger posed to the country.

Funnily enough Oda even addressed this. Some fodder considered going to Dressrosa to grab their weapons but Fujitora acted as a deterrent and so anger turned to the Luffy and Law. Yes, Fujitora won't always be on Dressrosa, but there is nothing special about the country in the first place. It would just be assumed the navy took the weapons and that's the end of that problem.

Dressrosa was under threat by some angry fodder who had been cheated, whereas Wano is under threat by the most powerful organisation in the series that has been continuously eyeing up the country for reasons likely connected to the void century. Doesn't even begin to compare.

Because as has repeatedly been brought up, Wano is one of, if not the most important nation we've been to in the series.

She won't be physically forced to stay. She could simply decide to stick with the people of Wano. If she goes with Momo to open the borders then she gets to fulfil her desire to adventure, whilst also fulfilling her desire to protect Momo, even if it kills her.

The scabbards can stay and look after the country whilst Momo and Yamao leave.
So the Scabbaess can easily look after Wano when Momo leaves? Then what's the point or Yamato staying?

Yamato is aware that Wano has been screwed by Kaido, told Momo that she will die for him and that he will lead the world to the dawn, but still declared she will sail with Luffy after all that. Kaido even told her she's like the guardian of Wano all the while Yamato said that she can't abandon Wano to him or else she can't call herself Oden, yet she still says she's sailing with Luffy...

Your argument depends on assuming she'll have a 180 change of heart outtanowhere. .

So the Scabbaess can easily look after Wano when Momo leaves? Then what's the point or Yamato staying?
What don't you understand about "I think Yamao will leave"? I've said it repeatedly. Yet for some reason you keep pretending as if I'm saying she will stay?
Your argument depends on assuming she'll have a 180 change of heart
Character growth is a thing. And no, she won't have a "180 change", but she will grow to leave a few wants behind and pick up a greater purpose.

Yes, she will go out to sea and adventure like she wanted to, but instead of it being with Luffy as she originally expected, it will be with Momo her newfound chum.

What don't you understand about "I think Yamao will leave"? I've said it repeatedly. Yet for some reason you keep pretending as if I'm saying she will stay?

Character growth is a thing. And no, she won't have a "180 change", but she will grow to leave a few wants behind and pick up a greater purpose.

Yes, she will go out to sea and adventure like she wanted to, but instead of it being with Luffy as she originally expected, it will be with Momo her newfound chum.
Why would Momo not stay in Wano now that there’s nothing stopping him from becoming Shogun?

Why would Momo not stay in Wano now that there’s nothing stopping him from becoming Shogun?
I think his role as shogun and as a Kozuki will be to open Wano's borders. They'll be officially opened at the end of the arc but someone needs to go out and make it a reality by actually reconnecting the nation to the rest of the world. It's been 800 years of isolation. Just saying "the borders are now open", won't feasibly do anything after being cut off for so long. The only way I can see that convincingly being done is if Momo himself talked to the leaders of these nations.

Would be the perfect trip for him to show his strength as a leader and a callback to their escape from Wano. Instead of crying and being scared out of his mind the entire time, dragged from place to place, he'll be the one in charge with Yamao at his side as he finally opens up Wano to the world. Fulfilling his duty as shogun and a Kozuki and leading the world to the dawn.

I think his role as shogun and as a Kozuki will be to open Wano's borders. They'll be officially opened at the end of the arc but someone needs to go out and make it a reality by actually reconnecting the nation to the rest of the world. It's been 800 years of isolation. Just saying "the borders are now open", won't feasibly do anything after being cut off for so long. The only way I can see that convincingly being done is if Momo himself talked to the leaders of these nations.

Would be the perfect trip for him to show his strength as a leader and a callback to their escape from Wano. Instead of crying and being scared out of his mind the entire time, dragged from place to place, he'll be the one in charge with Yamao at his side as he finally opens up Wano to the world. Fulfilling his duty as shogun and a Kozuki and leading the world to the dawn.
Not that I have a better hypothesis, but Momonosuke leaving Wano without Luffy doesn't really feel like "guiding the world to the dawn" to me. It seems like he either needs to do something in Wano for Luffy, or go with Luffy.

Nah she gonna be huge in Elbaf, there has to be a reason why Oda put her on the ship in WCI...
To showcase the abilities of this side of the alliance in a good light, otherwise they would a bunch of faceless background fodder with nothing to offer

if they showcased Sulong in Zou against Jack it wouldnt have seemed like it was anything since they ultimate were beaten and nearly wiped out

And if they showed in with Pedro and he still blows himself up, it would come across as a weak power up because he still had to resort to the bomb

I seriously doubt that Momo would be going to other nations and travelling the world after the Wano Arc. Wano is in the sorry state its in, in the first place, because Oden left Wano and abandoned his responsibilities. At that time, Sukiyaki was sick, passed away without Oden being present, and had no other choice but to pass his rule to Orochi instead. Orochi then bought Kaido into Wano and together the 2 turned Wano into the shithole we see today, polluted factories and starved people.

Had Oden never left Wano in the first place, Orochi would never have rosed to power.

The only reason the Wano samurai rose up to rebellion in the current Wano Arc in the first place is because they know that Momo is alive and that they still have a good reason to fight on against Kaido.

And yet despite this, there are still many people who haven't been easily to accept Momo and the Scarrabs apologies for what they saw as abandoning Wano for 20 years. Its gonna take more than just taking down kaido to earn some of these people's trust again.

Wano needs its leader, and it makes zero sense that after kicking out Kaido after he took over Wano when Oden abandoned it and Sukiyaki died, that Momo would just repeat his father's actions and do the same thing.

Introducing Wano to the outside world does not take precedence over what the reality is of Wano on the ground right now. An unequal, corrupted, polluted and exploited nation.

Momo won't be making a good first impression by visiting other nations and making allies in the sorry state that Wano is in right now.

If its a diplomat he needs, then Momo has the Scarabs for that. The Kano kingdom only sent a representative and not their king to the Reverie, no reason why Momo can't to the same for less official matters between heads of states.

I also doubt that Yamato would be the right person for the job anyway, since she's stayed in Wano all her life-she knows almost nothing about the outside world and how it works. Momo himself is better at asking for favors than Yamato is. When Yamato first met Luffy and asked for him to allow her to join his side in the fight, she couldn't even get what she wanted to say across to Luffy clearly, she's useless in this regard.

Plus Luffy himself taught Momo back on Zou how to ask for favours and make friends with humble and grace. If Momo needs to resort back to relying on others again just for asking favours and making friends, then he hasn't learned anything, AKA no character development. Then what was the whole point of Luffy giving Momo that lesson in the first place??

My Yamato Devil Fruit argument

I don't really post here anymore, but I had some thoughts about Yamato being Wano's guardian diety, and I did some research on it and ended up with a pretty long analysis. I made a thread about it instead of posting it here because it got too long.

If you disagree with my analysis please do so respectfuly. I stick to group chats mostly now because I'm tired of fighting randos on the internet and I don't want to be sucked into that again.

To showcase the abilities of this side of the alliance in a good light, otherwise they would a bunch of faceless background fodder with nothing to offer

if they showcased Sulong in Zou against Jack it wouldnt have seemed like it was anything since they ultimate were beaten and nearly wiped out

And if they showed in with Pedro and he still blows himself up, it would come across as a weak power up because he still had to resort to the bomb
All fine, but you forgot about Pekoms for that.
Pekoms could have done the same, but didn't.
So Carrot there was for something else

Status
Not open for further replies.