Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalposts have moved so far back that “Zoro/Sanji too strong” is the latest reason Yamato won’t join…the mods really oughta lock the thread, this pathetic retconning keeps reaching new lows. Like, if that’s the case, then Chopper and Robin are WAY too fucking overpowered for the crew to welcome some totally ineffective rabbit :few:
Desperate times, desperate measures, mate. Desperate times, desperate measures…

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Also, like I’ve said before…Luffy is exclusively facing Yonko and admiral-level fighters from here on out, why does anyone want him to have weaker crew mates instead of powerful fighters who can, you know, actually win a fight and advance his cause?? Yamato being capable of handling herself is a minus, but Carrot having truly no value in a fight is a plus?? Jesus Christ, this is just sad…

Also, like I’ve said before…Luffy is exclusively facing Yonko and admiral-level fighters from here on out, why does anyone want him to have weaker crew mates instead of powerful fighters who can, you know, actually win a fight and advance his cause?? Yamato being capable of handling herself is a minus, but Carrot having truly no value in a fight is a plus?? Jesus Christ, this is just sad…
desperate times, desperate measures, again LMAO

So Perospero is Weak?
Or loosing against Perospero actually means she's weak?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Did someone really bring up M3 stuff against Yamato? So Yamato is only stronger than Sanji who's always been compared to Zoro(not starting any stupid power level talk)? Yamato was gonna go hybrid against Base Sasaki. All the supernovas was reacting to Hybrid Kaido...

Forcing consistency in a very inconsistent show to eliminate Yamato doesn't work.

@Shift This is why some of the Yamato crew didn't react well to you asking us to stop with the insults. Adress your own squad first before you accuse others.

In other news, Neko taking Perospero outside puts Carrot in a prime position for round 2. Maybe Carrot fans should be talking about that instead of more weekly nonesense theories about Yamato?

@Shift This is why some of the Yamato crew didn't react well to you asking us to stop with the insults. Adress your own squad first before you accuse others.

In other news, Neko taking Perospero outside puts Carrot in a prime position for round 2. Maybe Carrot fans should be talking about that instead of more weekly nonesense theories about Yamato?
and honestly I’m desperate to see if Carrot fans will play the victim card again for I don’t know how many times. :suresure::milaugh::gokulaugh:

So Perospero is Weak?
Or loosing against Perospero actually means she's weak?
If Carrot takes over for Neko and 1v1s Peros while using her epic Su Long form you can bet I'll join back up with the Carrot squad, though I'll still want and believe in Yamato as well. For now it seems she would be dead weight since she got stomped in a 2v1, but that could change any chapter now.

Honestly, a theory I've had for a minute has been the idea that Yamato still gets a proper matchup, and it's the reason Oda hasn't entirely addressed Inu/Jack yet.

Basically:

- Jack wins, Inu left left on the ground like Kin, Kiku and Asura

- Jack goes and joins Queen and King in annihilating the performance floor.

- Similar time, after we get Yamato/Kaido's flashback and Luffy is up there fighting with her. He eventually sends her back down too.

- Coincidentally, the same hole that Zoro was thrown up there for, could be the one Yamato drops down from. Makes a grand entrance fights Jack

It's a stretch, but I feel that if Inu isn't going to beat Jack (I guess we'll find out soon), it'll be interesting to see then who Oda gives that calamity to. Yamato? A group of Strawhats? A Luffy 1 shot lol?

With her strength, Yamao would be better suited as a strong ally. Someone like Marco.
As an attempt to reach across the aisle in here, dizzy, think you could agree to just go with Yamato?

As an attempt to reach across the aisle in here, dizzy, think you could agree to just go with Yamato?
I think you misunderstood me when I said I didn't care what certain individuals think. I'm not looking for a ceasefire. I don't want them to stop calling Carrot "grass-eater", I don't want them to say Carrot's going to join the crew. I don't care if they say Akainu's going to join the crew. In my opinion, their opinions hold literally zero value, and that's not an exaggeration. Just because they have dangerously low emotional intelligence and love to make a lot of noise, does not mean that I need to pay them any mind.

Remember, not everyone who supports Yamao is like this. You'd find that her supporters who make the best arguments, are the most rational and aren't just all-round pathetic individuals won't even mention the fact that I call her Yamao. It's such a trivial thing. Consider "Yamao" to be a litmus test. If they have no reaction then it's likely fine to consider talking to them in this thread. If they start crying, personally attack you, or full on start shitting in the thread (as is common around here), then you'd best leave that one alone. It's not worth it.

Imagine getting this traumatised by a nickname that the main character himself calls her? You'd think I was saying the n word or something. God help them next time Luffy and Yamao meet and he calls her that again. Might wanna put them on suicide watch.

Zoro and Sanji will always be Luffy's wings.
Yamao being able to singlehandedly stall a serious hybrid Kaido makes her stronger than Sanji, ruining the M3 dynamic. We've had strong characters join the crew before, but every time they did Oda always kept them weaker than the M3 when the final fights came. Jinbe and Franky were the most questionable but both times Oda had Zoro and Sanji fight much stronger opponents at the end of arc match ups.

With her strength, Yamao would be better suited as a strong ally. Someone like Marco.

Carrot's power level safely slots in with the crew. Just as Jinbe is between the monster trio and the mid trio, she's between the mid and weakling trio. Overall the crew will remain just as balanced as it was during the Luffy-Brook period.

Luffy/Zoro/Sanji
Jinbe
Franky/Robin/Brook
Carrot
Chopper/Nami/Usopp
You do realize Jimbei back in Whole Cake Island was trying hold off big mom while luffy and sanji were doing own thing, right? Luffy was fighting against Katakurai and while Sanji was making a cake. As well Jimbei one shot Moriah during marineford Luffy still invite join his crew two years later. Someone strong not really problem it’s beneficial. Let's the face it Carrot hasn't been relevant for quite a while. We have seen her since chapter 1006 that chapter wasn't about her as a character. Throughout this entire wano arc so far. She has been reduce being background character and has become more of support character just going for ride not major character in this arc. Ussop took role her being look out not that long ago. Yamato devil fruit basically 24/7 suslong transformation. Yamato and Kaido were likely going get backstory between these two characters. Yamato will come understand be herself for once. As well if Luffy does defeat Kaido it does personally motivate her to Join his cause in the first place. With Cat Viper dealing Perospero this does undermine Carrot own motivational drive to join the straw hats imo.

Last edited:

Zoro and Sanji will always be Luffy's wings.
Yamao being able to singlehandedly stall a serious hybrid Kaido makes her stronger than Sanji, ruining the M3 dynamic. We've had strong characters join the crew before, but every time they did Oda always kept them weaker than the M3 when the final fights came. Jinbe and Franky were the most questionable but both times Oda had Zoro and Sanji fight much stronger opponents at the end of arc match ups.

Carrot's power level safely slots in with the crew. Just as Jinbe is between the monster trio and the mid trio, she's between the mid and weakling trio. Overall the crew will remain just as balanced as it was during the Luffy-Brook period.

Luffy/Zoro/Sanji
Jinbe
Franky/Robin/Brook
Carrot
Chopper/Nami/Usopp
This literally means jack shit. "Stalling" Kaido for plot virtually means nothing when the reader can't see any of it. She's been losing on the roof as much as we can see. She's injured already, and she's lost several of the clashes she's been in with Kaido.

You are also assuming Kaido is going to go full Bagua on her immediately or is using AdCoC as if she's Luffy. Nothing here actually specifies she's stronger than Zoro or Sanji lol. Maybe wait to see her state in a few chapters before assuming things you don't know yet.

Edit: Like we know he wants her to become Shogun, why would Kaido try and kill Yamato full strength?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.