General & Others Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

Oda has been saying this shit for years and i just don't take him seriously anymore. Dressrosa 100 chapters, WCI 78 chapters, Wano 100+ chapters.

:kriwhat:

One Piece might be in its final phase, but this final phase could take years. Plus i'm still perplexed as to how Oda is gonna address all the unfinished plot points, mysteries, and hinted stuff that he brings into every. new. arc.

:kobeha:

"The story is in its final phase".

Or does he mean arc?
Can anyone clarify?
"Phase" "Arc" "Journey"

Multiple statements and words have been made/used.

Here's the thing, story "arc" in Japan means something different than it does in the west. When we define "arc" we consider it to be localized to an island mostly. We use other western terms, usually "Saga" to determine longer story arcs.

Japan really doesn't use this the same way. Oda, his editors, and Jump in general, has used the term "arc" to describe the entire Yonko plot from Fishman Island. 四皇編 or Yonko Hen, means Yonko Arc. It's also used to describe individual "arcs" as we know it.ワノ国編 or Wano Kuni Hen is Wano Country Arc. Essentially the term is used interchangeably between both.

But one important thing to note is that we fundamentally can't be at the final arc by western definition after this. We haven't been to Elbaf, nor have we gotten the final road Poneglyph. These are fundamental truths since the story has set up motion to achieve and visit those things. Laugh Tale is probably separate from the final war. Geographically it's not the location where I'd expect the entire world would fight to take down the World Government, right?

And that is why, imo, its clear that what Oda is trying to convey here is the term "plotline". The Yonko "plotline". The story is in/nearing its final "plotline". The final war just can't start. It requires buildup. It requires time to escalate.

And that is also the reason why I think this going to essentially be the 2nd half of the New World. It will be the final "plotline" or "arc", it will feel like we are heading towards some sort of end, but it will also contain several smaller arcs, as the Yonko arc/plotline did before it before culminating to Wano.

Essentially what i expect next is our Punk Hazard type arc. Something to sink our teeth into setting up the end for the series. Then I expect something a bit bigger that addresses more content. Then something else potentially. Finally culminating to the end of Luffys Journey, Laugh Tale, and the final war.

Tldr: The end plotline can last 400 chapters and 10 years and you and I will love it. :myman:
Post automatically merged:

Oda has been saying this shit for years and i just don't take him seriously anymore. Dressrosa 100 chapters, WCI 78 chapters, Wano 100+ chapters.

:kriwhat:

One Piece might be in its final phase, but this final phase could take years. Plus i'm still perplexed as to how Oda is gonna address all the unfinished plot points, mysteries, and hinted stuff that he brings into every. new. arc.

:kobeha:
Easy, it'll take him 10 years behind schedule lol. Final phase won't stop him from writing everything he wants before finishing. Wano is proof of that considering how big it is, even if he's allegedly "rushing".

Someone knows when was the last time that oda said that?
Honestly I'm 50٪ he is been said that the last two years Maybe we are expecting 4 arcs and there will be only 2 more after wano
Think about it logically. There should be at least 3:

- Elbaf
- Laugh Tale
- Final War

We know the warfront for the final war is probably Mariejois/New Marineford/Fishman Island, considering FIs destruction/Noah, Shirahoshi, Im, etc etc. So that can't be near Elbaf or Laugh Tale, which may be large or small arcs, who knows.

But then factor in any other potential arc beyond this.

- Lodestar (the last island in the new world, will we go there?)
- God Valley (Oda teased its significance and the WG made it disappear from maps, but never was stated to have actually been destroyed.)
- Vegapunk (is he separate from the final war? Will Kuma's plot be resolved prior? SSG?)
- Underworld
- etc etc etc

I think its safe to expect at least 3, with the potential to see a few more as possibilities, large or small, depending on what Oda wants to address before the end.

Last edited:
"Phase" "Arc" "Journey"

Multiple statements and words have been made/used.

Here's the thing, story "arc" in Japan means something different than it does in the west. When we define "arc" we consider it to be localized to an island mostly. We use other western terms, usually "Saga" to determine longer story arcs.

Japan really doesn't use this the same way. Oda, his editors, and Jump in general, has used the term "arc" to describe the entire Yonko plot from Fishman Island. 四皇編 or Yonko Hen, means Yonko Arc. It's also used to describe individual "arcs" as we know it.ワノ国編 or Wano Kuni Hen is Wano Country Arc. Essentially the term is used interchangeably between both.

But one important thing to note is that we fundamentally can't be at the final arc by western definition after this. We haven't been to Elbaf, nor have we gotten the final road Poneglyph. These are fundamental truths since the story has set up motion to achieve and visit those things. Laugh Tale is probably separate from the final war. Geographically it's not the location where I'd expect the entire world would fight to take down the World Government, right?

And that is why, imo, its clear that what Oda is trying to convey here is the term "plotline". The Yonko "plotline". The story is in/nearing its final "plotline". The final war just can't start. It requires buildup. It requires time to escalate.

And that is also the reason why I think this going to essentially be the 2nd half of the New World. It will be the final "plotline" or "arc", it will feel like we are heading towards some sort of end, but it will also contain several smaller arcs, as the Yonko arc/plotline did before it before culminating to Wano.

Essentially what i expect next is our Punk Hazard type arc. Something to sink our teeth into setting up the end for the series. Then I expect something a bit bigger that addresses more content. Then something else potentially. Finally culminating to the end of Luffys Journey, Laugh Tale, and the final war.

Tldr: The end plotline can last 400 chapters and 10 years and you and I will love it. :myman:

Easy, it'll take him 10 years behind schedule lol. Final phase won't stop him from writing everything he wants before finishing. Wano is proof of that considering how big it is, even if he's allegedly "rushing".

- Elbaf
- Laugh Tale
- Final War

We know the warfront for the final war is probably Mariejois/New Marineford/Fishman Island, considering FIs destruction/Noah, Shirahoshi, Im, etc etc. So that can't be near Elbaf or Laugh Tale, which may be large or small arcs, who knows.

- God Valley (Oda teased its significance and the WG made it disappear from maps, but never was stated to have actually been destroyed.)
- Vegapunk (is he separate from the final war? Will Kuma's plot be resolved prior? SSG?)
- Underworld
- etc etc etc

I think its safe to expect at least 3, with the potential to see a few more as possibilities, large or small, depending on what Oda wants to address before the end.
People here are trying to cut back on as much as they can while predicting the remaining arcs and here I am, assured of myself that Oda wouldn't miss his chance at a final Duval/Long ring long road- esque arc BEFORE giving us a breather arc after Wano :kobeha:

These estimates don't mean shit at the end as we've seen time and time again, getting iterations of this claim through different sources isn't going to change that fact in any way lol

People here are trying to cut back on as much as they can while predicting the remaining arcs and here I am, assured of myself that Oda wouldn't miss his chance at a final Duval/Long ring long road- esque arc BEFORE giving us a breather arc after Wano :kobeha:

These estimates don't mean shit at the end as we've seen time and time again, getting iterations of this claim through different sources isn't going to change that fact in any way lol
And even then, those arcs were important in their own ways to setting up something bigger. There's always a purpose!

Trust me, it'll be like how they've been advertising Act 3 ending since Chapter 995 lol. "Story is in its final phase" 5 years later will be a running joke.

Imo, the final plotline starts next for sure, but if Oda wants to keep the journey as realistic as he's kept it for years, he needs to make it feel like the crew has traveled the 2nd half of the world more. We've only seen 4 actual islands in the New World, not counting Zou. Compare that to the sheer number we got in Grand Line. Jinbe and potentially Yamato still have to have an adventure to feel organic with the crew. We still need to go to Elbaf and find the final RP at least.

Does Oda pass up the chance to not let the crew reach Lodestar? Visit Vegapunks lab (which is confirmed to be somewhere in the new world and not near New Marineford)? There are just so many possibilities after Wano. I'm actually way more excited about that than worried about the series ending too quick.

Yea right. With overbloated arcs like Wano One Piece will run for 20 years at least.
Take solice in that Wano is finishing a 400 chapter ploline. After this the "final" phase starts clean. We get an arc with less characters most certainly. It doesn't have to last 100 chapters. It can last 20, 30, 50. I can see Oda blasting through some ideas in a matter of a few years. No more arc bloat until the final war (which will probably be long as fuck)

- Elbaf
- Laugh Tale
- Final War

- Underworld
- etc etc etc

Well i don't want to deny your arguments but why are we wxpecting an elbaf arc when luffy has already giants as allies besides we saw elbaf in linlin's flashback.
About lodestar is going to happen 100% than for sure also BB pirates and probably a meet with Shanks(But that could happen in one arc),LT+final war,the problem is that if oda want to be rush most of things will be miss

And even then, those arcs were important in their own ways to setting up something bigger. There's always a purpose!

Trust me, it'll be like how they've been advertising Act 3 ending since Chapter 995 lol. "Story is in its final phase" 5 years later will be a running joke.

Imo, the final plotline starts next for sure, but if Oda wants to keep the journey as realistic as he's kept it for years, he needs to make it feel like the crew has traveled the 2nd half of the world more. We've only seen 4 actual islands in the New World, not counting Zou. Compare that to the sheer number we got in Grand Line. Jinbe and potentially Yamato still have to have an adventure to feel organic with the crew. We still need to go to Elbaf and find the final RP at least.

Does Oda pass up the chance to not let the crew reach Lodestar? Visit Vegapunks lab (which is confirmed to be somewhere in the new world and not near New Marineford)? There are just so many possibilities after Wano. I'm actually way more excited about that than worried about the series ending too quick.
Yeah, no shortcuts to this. That would make this obsolete otherwise-

The SH's are clearing going to Lodestar since it has been implied to have a part of the rio poneglyph. Speaking of them, out of the 9 how many have we even encountered so far in the story?

Just reading Emerald city is a huge turnoff for many because of how tinfoily it is, but Bellamy specifically brought it up with legends like El Dorado(Shandora) and the treasure of One Piece itself. On arc themed around dreams and delusions coming to reality I don't see why Oda pass up on a chance to reference it or even have an adventure there down the line.

Well i don't want to deny your arguments but why are we wxpecting an elbaf arc when luffy has already giants as allies besides we saw elbaf in linlin's flashback.
About lodestar is going to happen 100% than for sure also BB pirates and probably a meet with Shanks(But that could happen in one arc),LT+final war,the problem is that if oda want to be rush most of things will be miss
Elbaf is 100% set up as a location we are visiting.

- Big Mom's flashback silhouetted the hell out of it. We have no idea what the giant tree is that sprawls the entire island and beyond the horizon.

- Characters like Prince Loki have been teased

- Oimo/Kaashi and that Giant from Sabaody all told Luffy/Usopp that they will pay them back/meet them when they go to Elbaf

- It is one of Usopp's biggest focal point destinations.

It's going to be a very important arc imo.

Yeah, no shortcuts to this. That would make this obsolete otherwise-

The SH's are clearing going to Lodestar since it has been implied to have a part of the rio poneglyph. Speaking of them, out of the 9 how many have we even encountered so far in the story?

Just reading Emerald city is a huge turnoff for many because of how tinfoily it is, but Bellamy specifically brought it up with legends like El Dorado(Shandora) and the treasure of One Piece itself. On arc themed around dreams and delusions coming to reality I don't see why Oda pass up on a chance to reference it or even have an adventure there down the line.
I sincerely think Vegapunk's facility (whether it's Emerald City or not) is definitely next or close to next. So many allusions to things that clearly aren't tied to the end are there, namely the fact that we haven't seen Smoker and Tashigi in forever. Kuma's plot seems highly central to that and not to the final war. Oda keeps teasing Vegapunk and his science team, and now Judge and Ceasar are MIA. Then you have the SSG which might be EoS content but it also may not be or just introduced early.

I definitely think it needs to happen separately. If we don't see Vegapunk's facility before the final war, chances are we never see it properly because it's not near Marineford or Mariejois

Elbaf is 100% set up as a location we are visiting.

- Big Mom's flashback silhouetted the hell out of it. We have no idea what the giant tree is that sprawls the entire island and beyond the horizon.

- Characters like Prince Loki have been teased

- Oimo/Kaashi and that Giant from Sabaody all told Luffy/Usopp that they will pay them back/meet them when they go to Elbaf

- It is one of Usopp's biggest focal point destinations.

It's going to be a very important arc imo.
Honestly i want to believe that i want 4 more arcs after wano.
But the problem is that Oda has been said thatfor the Last two years and every summer he repeats it,that's why i'm afraid that there will y no much after wano😔

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Like I’ve been saying, consider everything after Wano to be end of One Piece, just spread out over different arcs. Like all the first islands in Paradise led to Alabasta and all the arcs after the timeskip have led to Wano.

Personally, I do think that Oda is cutting corners to finish, and that there’s only three arcs left- Elbaf, Laugh Tale, Final War. And I don’t think Laugh Tale will be a huge arc in of itself. He’s set up enough for Elbaf that he can pull together multiple plots if he needs to (the Grand Fleet, Vegapunk, Shanks, finishing Big Mom’s story) that early Oda might have gave an island and arc of their own to, I don’t think Laugh Tale will be an especially long arc (there shouldn’t be any other characters or much in the way of conflict, it’s a massive lore dump flashback basically) and then the final war will be the longest and tie up everything else.

There’s no need for Lodestar, we already know the info found out there. The only other arc I could see happening is a quick Sphinx one to deal with Weevil and let Luffy see Ace’s grave before the end. Have Luffy give Marco a lift there after Wano.

That’s just made me realise that Marco must have met Sabo since he went to Ace’s grave. Huh.