General & Others Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

B

Ballel

Like I’ve been saying, consider everything after Wano to be end of One Piece, just spread out over different arcs. Like all the first islands in Paradise led to Alabasta and all the arcs after the timeskip have led to Wano.

Personally, I do think that Oda is cutting corners to finish, and that there’s only three arcs left- Elbaf, Laugh Tale, Final War. And I don’t think Laugh Tale will be a huge arc in of itself. He’s set up enough for Elbaf that he can pull together multiple plots if he needs to (the Grand Fleet, Vegapunk, Shanks, finishing Big Mom’s story) that early Oda might have gave an island and arc of their own to, I don’t think Laugh Tale will be an especially long arc (there shouldn’t be any other characters or much in the way of conflict, it’s a massive lore dump flashback basically) and then the final war will be the longest and tie up everything else.

There’s no need for Lodestar, we already know the info found out there. The only other arc I could see happening is a quick Sphinx one to deal with Weevil and let Luffy see Ace’s grave before the end. Have Luffy give Marco a lift there after Wano.

That’s just made me realise that Marco must have met Sabo since he went to Ace’s grave. Huh.
I expect many chapters in the last arc(s) to be massive info dumps that will give the reader this "ooooooooh it's all coming together" feeling. Oda is usually good at these end of arc reveals and we should expect eos to resolve all the plot points that Oda has ever opened but in a very condensed format.

"The story is in its final phase".

Or does he mean arc?
Can anyone clarify?
Id say the story is in its last quarter
Post automatically merged:

Think about it logically. There should be at least 3:

- Elbaf
- Laugh Tale
- Final War

We know the warfront for the final war is probably Mariejois/New Marineford/Fishman Island, considering FIs destruction/Noah, Shirahoshi, Im, etc etc. So that can't be near Elbaf or Laugh Tale, which may be large or small arcs, who knows.

But then factor in any other potential arc beyond this.

- Lodestar (the last island in the new world, will we go there?)
- God Valley (Oda teased its significance and the WG made it disappear from maps, but never was stated to have actually been destroyed.)
- Vegapunk (is he separate from the final war? Will Kuma's plot be resolved prior? SSG?)
- Underworld
- etc etc etc
I expect smth like 150 chapters before BB and Shanks r deafeated

Elbaf being 50 to 60 chapters in itself and a mini arc like Zou either after or before it (my guess its loadstar serving as kinda like Saboody with Scopper giving details abt God Valley).

I cant see Laught Tale being anything more than just the BB fight + lore dump so 40 to 50 chapters

100-150 for Marines+Epilogue

Last edited:
Id say the story is in its last quarter

I expect smth like 150 chapters before BB and Shanks r deafeated

Elbaf being 50 to 60 chapters in itself and a mini arc like Zou either after or before it (my guess its loadstar serving as kinda like Saboody with Scopper giving details abt God Valley).

I cant see Laught Tale being anything more than just the BB fight + lore dump so 40 to 50 chapters

100-150 for Marines+Epilogue
well by his own words pre Wano OP was 80% complete

I would love a spin off regarding past events either, it doesn't necessarily have to be a manga continuation. For example I would love to see some Roger adventures unfolding.
Same here, I would also like if Oda doesn’t end with a time skip of SHs as much older and what they doing, he could maybe give us a spin off of what each is doing as veteran pirates or even if they retired.

Kid and Law are defeating Big Mom. Luffy is defeating Kaido. Now both yonkou are going to die, I don't know in whose hands but they just cant be Roaming around.

Lastly after wano Blackbeard is next. Its gonna be the first battle that luffy cant just be defeated a few rounds. He needs to win from the get go.

If you had told me back in 2010 that Luffy is fighting 2 Yonko and then asked me how long does the series have left I would've told you a couple of years left
Lmao ain't that the truth. Oh he's gonna take down Kaido? Story must be close to finishing

well by his own words pre Wano OP was 80% complete
Alot of people also interpret the percentage markers as a measure of Luffys journey. Odas been pretty careful to separate this from "serialization".

So that could just be the percentage until Luffy is PK, but not the war that potentially comes after, if its after.

What is left?
0-Wano end!
1-Elbaf!
2-Road Star!
3-Laught Tale
4-Straw hats dreams!
5-BB and Shanks!
6-Dragon,Revs and Vegapunk!
7-Jewelry Bonney and Urogue do something in the new world!
8-God Valley and Emerald city!
9-Weevil plot!
10-Mysterious pirate with an eye patch Oda mentioned(could be Xebec,Shiki,Scooper Gaban or a new character)
11-Final war vs Celestial Dragons!
12-Epilogue!

I think BB,Laught tale,Emerald city and God valley will all be addressed at the same time!
Could Oda adress all of this in just 300 chapters,eyes if he absolutely added no filler and made things as straight forward as possible!

Kid and Law are defeating Big Mom. Luffy is defeating Kaido. Now both yonkou are going to die, I don't know in whose hands but they just cant be Roaming around.

Lastly after wano Blackbeard is next. Its gonna be the first battle that luffy cant just be defeated a few rounds. He needs to win from the get go.
I think Big Mom will be turned into O-lin forever!She is definetily getting crippled somehow!Kaido will die for sure!

Of course the story is ending, probably after Wano, Elbaf will be a smaller arc, and the last one from the vs.Yonko saga, with the SH getting the final Road Poneglyph and some Shanks plotlines being finished.

After that Oda will start the Final Saga, with the Laftel Arc being probably more about the SH making the jouney to Laftel and a big FB of the Void Century, them the Final War against the WG, that will be big like Wano.

The only plot i dont have idea where Oda will put is the fight against Teach. He have a lot of ties with Shanks and is a Yonko, so he could be the final barrier before Laftel and try to steal the Road Poneglyph from the SH, that could happen still in the VsYonko saga after Elbaf, that would make Luffy beat the 4 Emperors before getting to Laftel and develop Luffy awakening before the Final War. But Oda also could bring Teach plot to after Laftel.