One Piece Episode 998 - Zeus' Treason?! The Cornered Nami!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • 3/5

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
You think the impact of the RS did that? I thought you guys think that Sanji did it with his hands
Nah it wouldn't logically explain it seeing how it wad imbedded into sanji basically rendered him immobile midair (his glasses even broke from air friction 😂)

tho grip strength tale was out there.. but i stood with Sanji bending it as in with his RS durability

and people are gaging based on anime..

NICE.. good to see the cancer return.
Zorotard forgot this scene already

Nevermind then, even though they keep saying Zoro are different level from Sanji, they still want to talked about Sanji, think about Sanji. Pity them.
Try to be a Clown downplay a great characters like Sanji, they must be having a difficult time reading the recent chapter, probably even skipped the last part lol such a Zorotard. Sanji living free again huh? Well, not all of them, I know there are some nice Zoro fans who appreciate Sanji and his character development, thank to them Sanji get a lots Love.

Nah it wouldn't logically explain it seeing how it wad imbedded into sanji basically rendered him immobile midair (his glasses even broke from air friction 😂)

tho grip strength tale was out there.. but i stood with Sanji bending it as in with his RS durability
I have a question, if I remember it right you like Zoro and Sanji equally. Did it change? Weren’t you in the Zoro fanclub?
Maybe I remember it wrong

Nevermind then, even though they keep saying Zoro are different level from Sanji, they still want to talked about Sanji, think about Sanji. Pity them.
Try to be a Clown downplay a great characters like Sanji, they must be having a difficult time reading the recent chapter, probably even skipped the last part lol such a Zorotard. Sanji living free again huh? Well, not all of them, I know there are some nice Zoro fans who appreciate Sanji and his character development, thank to them Sanji get a lots Love.
Sanji is gonna be fighting both King and queen together at one point

HYPE OVERLOAD INCOMING

• Both the anime and manga giving us Raid Suit Sanji for the last time this week. Oda's timing is impeccable as always.:sweat:

• I like how all of the allies can spot Shinobu on the platform working, but not one of the thousands of Beast Pirates says a peep.

• "Wazzat?" Queen has Duolingo installed in his cyborg body?
  • Reusing O-Soba Kick animation so King can stop it with one hand is way too cruel.:josad:

• Funny that Oda forgot to draw Stealth Black's glasses, so the anime adds them in just so they get shattered.

• The glorious SFX. Was not expecting a dog fight between two fighter jets in One Piece.

• Always interesting seeing WCI scenes reanimated Wano-style.
  • Sasaki's screaming face. :milaugh:Completely forgot Ikoku saved/almost killed his butt.

• The cheap still image + moving splotchy background takes me back to the Hanna-Barbera era.

• It looks so wrong for Big Mom to shove her unwanted hand up Zeus.

• Could have milked that tire grinding on Big Mom's face more, :fransuper:but damn I love hearing Aniki and Brook sing as they run over a Yonko.
A nice episode overall. Around the usual ~10 pages adapted, but with a fair bit of action you tend to feel the drawn out sequences. Sanji Vs King was extended rather creatively with a lot of unique shots only an aerial battle can give you. Not too amazing but still enjoyable. Can't say the same for the low effort corner cutting behind Shinobu freeing Momo or Big Mom chasing Nami. Big Mom's Ikoku annihilating masses of fodder and lighting up the dark sky was the highlight of the second half, a Whitebeard Marineford moment right there. Pretty good OST choices, though I imagine Franky and Brook singing and hearing RS Sanji's theme for possibly the last time are making me well up more than usual.

Next episode looking more much animated. Given Episode 1000's title, I wonder if the Strawhat scenes will be getting special attention.

I have a question, if I remember right you like Zoro and Sanji equally. Did it change? Weren’t you in the Zoro fanclub?
Maybe I remember it wrong
Loong Long ago.. when i was just a novice in the art of headcannoeering i used to be among the ranks of Zoro bois true..

nah it wasn't never equally i like zoro more always but sanji gets shat on for basically no shit.. and i hate it

W

Wonderful World

Haha, what an episode.

The animation was fantastic, though some of the Soba mask stuff was reused. It was a little weird to see 3D animation used near the end, but it was a welcome addition.

Queen's random Engrish damn near killed me. I enjoyed the different reactions both for Momo's rescue, as well as the end of King vs. O-Sobamask. Seeing everything fall apart in anime form, realizing that war was breaking out, was very nice to see in the anime, along with Queen's reaction.

King the F-35 was great! :suresure:

They went all in here, but the extra scenes for King vs. Stealth Black/O-Sobamask gave me a massive grin throughout, and it was nice that the anime demonstrated just how mighty King was. Still, I never expected to see a dogfight in One Piece, but it was exciting nonetheless.

Linlin's Ikoku was beautiful and well done.

Brook and Franky were just too cool this episode, singing as they got ready to run over an Emperor. It had me like:

We're getting closer to episode 1000! what a time to be a One Piece fan.:catblush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Episode: sanji and king, big mom fight
What you talk: