Break Week Luffy vs Akainu makes no sense

So akainu --- BB ---- Imu in same arc? Nah not happening

And imu is the main bad to joyboy aka luffy
Once again, you are assuming you know how any of this plays out.

Maybe Blackbeard falls before the Final War in Laugh Tale. Maybe Akainu does. Maybe the final war is a 3 part war where the Marines are fought at New Marineford, then Im is fought at Mariejois, followed by Blackbeard and/or Shanks at God Valley. Maybe it's a huge battle Royale in the endgame and Luffy has a 3 way fight with Im and Blackbeard.

We literally cannot assume the structure of the final battles yet when there is at least 1-2 more arcs before Laugh Tale and we have no idea if Laugh Tale itself will be long or short. Then we have no idea how big the Final War will be. Then we have no idea if something comes after as a closer (i.e. God Valley).

We simply do not know.

Akainu is only Obito when it comes to imprtance in final war, Imu was the Madara, although luffy will surely fights akainu but he wont be his omega villain for sure, Sabo might take his place for luffy in dealing with akainu, it will be Ace rdemption, DF finally overpowering akainu.

People still think kurohige is relevant. Kurohige is most likely the next yonko luffy will defeat if big mom is completely out.
Imo, it depends on relevance of him vs Shanks with the endgame relating to the WG.

On one hand I can see the next few arcs building up a Blackbeard/Luffy fight in Laugh Tale to see who becomes PK and proceeds to take down the WG. On the other I can see Blackbeard being heavily tied into the final war like he was Marineford.

The real question is who ends up going down first in all of this. Even Shanks is a huge question mark since we know nothing about him.

Imo, Kizaru might be the next villain. Luffy could take out an Admiral before Zoro and Sanji do, then he defeats the fleet Admiral. Especially since Kuzaru has ties to Vegapunk/Kuma, who honestly might be the next arc.

Imu is not even drawn as a typical one piece villain

I think people are assuming a lot by thinking Imu will be the final villain. I think it’s more likely that Imu will be someone Luffy has to sway to his side, or maybe just a placeholder for BB to beat

Still wondering why people assume there will only be a single set of 1v1s and not people trading opponents 24/7 like in MF and Wano.
Probably will end up like this, but it will be far longer since there needs to be a true victor at the end of all of it, unlike Marineford where in the end it was just a series of events stitched together so Oda could avoid showing how all high/top tiers fought each other.

The only crew that's guaranteed a set of 1v1's for the entire crew is Blackbeard and maaaaaybe Shanks if Mihawk and him team up.

The Marines/WG scream chaotic matchups outside of the Admirals and Gorosei, who will likely be resvered for Luffy/Zoro/Sanji and other Supernova allies (Kid/Law/Killer).

Akainu won't be stronger than Blackbeard, who will be defeated by Luffy in Laugh Tale.
What’s the point in having Luffy fight a weaker villian?

I'd be more fitting for Luffy's final opponent to be the leader of the WG aka Imu. the one that controls the world. The one who’s related to the void century, will of D, Ancient Weapons, Celestial Dragons and not some underling like Akainu.

Thoughts ?
Imu is probably an woman, so she won't be the final boss.

If Luffy fights Akainu, then Zoro and Sanji will fight two other admirals. If you strictly think of powerscaling, Luffy's opponents have always been on a different level than other strawhats' opponents. Akainu is stronger than other admirals, but the gap is not that big. There is no way Luffy and Sanji are getting nearly a same tier opponent in the end game. In addition, who will fight the weaker strawhats, lets say, Nami? Vice admiral Momonga? 😂 The weaker strawhats vs marine VAs have no buildup.

On the other hand, the strawhats have their perfect evil mirror in the Blackbeard crew, each with their unique design. We have seen how this crew is formed and grew in strength parallel to the strawhats. Thats why my bet is on Blackbeard as the final boss, who also has relations to will of D, void century, celestial dragons etc.

Last edited:
I can see Luffy clashing with Akainu, but then Sabo showup and say to Luffy go on to fight bigger fishs.

The Ace connection can make for a lot of cliche scenes of Sabo saying to Akainu he will protect his little brother and another of Luffy saying "u can't go against him alone" and Sabo saying "i'm not alone" and then using a Ace move to show he is with Ace inherited will and those kind of things.

Sabo for me is the perfect fit to fight Akainu, as he most likely will be the leader of whatever group the Revos establish after the Final War, so fighting the current militay leader is a good paralel and both Sabo and Akainu arent neither D. or Celestial dragons, so i think their fight will be the highest rank without someone from one of this two main groups.

And also there's all the thing of magma being stronger than fire what would make Impossible for Sabo to defeat Akainu, and as any thing impossible to be done in OP world, someone will be able to do.

Luffy, Law, Dragon, Garp will fight the high ups from the WG, the conflict between D. and Celestials have been already established. Pehaps besides the D., the only other i can see fighting Celestials are Zoro and Sanji as they are important characters in the story and Luffy main fighters.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Probably will end up like this, but it will be far longer since there needs to be a true victor at the end of all of it, unlike Marineford where in the end it was just a series of events stitched together so Oda could avoid showing how all high/top tiers fought each other.
Likely won't even be long since Oda likes to off panel and wound characters to speed up their defeat. These characters can fight for 5 to 10 days straights but plot requires them to lose in a few hours.

Because the shitshow at Onigishima
This makes no sense because everyone was trading in Wano.

Imo, it depends on relevance of him vs Shanks with the endgame relating to the WG.

On one hand I can see the next few arcs building up a Blackbeard/Luffy fight in Laugh Tale to see who becomes PK and proceeds to take down the WG. On the other I can see Blackbeard being heavily tied into the final war like he was Marineford.

The real question is who ends up going down first in all of this. Even Shanks is a huge question mark since we know nothing about him.

Imo, Kizaru might be the next villain. Luffy could take out an Admiral before Zoro and Sanji do, then he defeats the fleet Admiral. Especially since Kuzaru has ties to Vegapunk/Kuma, who honestly might be the next arc.
I do not know where this narrative that blackbeard will go to laugh tale comes from. If anything the only people who can go to laugh tale are the chosen ones. Newgate already told Teach that he was not the chosen one. If anything shanks is the guardian of Laugh Tale. Luffy said shanks will be the last yonko so shanks is the last.