Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stills? The one time she mentions it meanwhile both Yamato and momo been talking about it in a couple of chapters and if u think carrot will have a MAJOR MOMENT to the dawn other than Yamato and momo that's u crossing the line
The mentions of the dawn is not a competition

What would you do if both join?
I would delete my account too

Don’t worry we will eat popcorn and pop champagne when Yamato joins.
:pepecorn:

And still.. their design is on the same level. The only reason Yamato's design "feels" stronger to the average fanbase is:

- She looks mature
- She looks strong
- She looks like Oden
- Her color match her hair
- Her design is fancy (not a good things actually)
- Having white hair is not something common

There is nothing really impressive at all. The basic thing is that yamato feels strong.. which means that it fits its purpose. Just like Carrot's design fits his purpose.

@Jew D. Boy look at this garbage

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
@Pot Goblin What's the rational Carrot agenda looking like as of 1042? Seems like she completely moved on from the Perospero fight and there were 0 signs of internal conflict.
I'll be honest, I was happy and more focusd on the fact that she finally got a panel after 5 months.
:sanmoji:

But for real, I think I'm going to move on from the internal conflict idea since it's been a really long time with no big updates with her character. There wouldn't really be a good reason to retread old ground since we've long since past that scenerio with Perospero. It's been almost 40 chapters since she lost and almost 20 chapters since Nekomamushi won.

For now she was seen finally moving from outside and that makes me more than happy at the moment.

I am not sure if her being inside will actually lead to anything. But at the very least it gives her a chance to transition to something else. Or maybe even give hard answers about her future in the story (Like if she says something about going home to Zou during this time).

Basically, the fact that she's moving on from outside means we're moving on from the internal conflict idea as well.

I'll be honest, I was happy and more focusd on the fact that she finally got a panel after 5 months.

But for real, I think I'm going to move on from the internal conflict idea since it's been a really long time with no big updates with her character. There wouldn't really be a good reason to retread old ground since we've long since past that scenerio with Perospero. It's been almost 40 chapters since she lost and almost 20 chapters since Nekomamushi won.

For now she was seen finally moving from outside and that makes me more than happy at the moment.

I am not sure if her being inside will actually lead to anything. But at the very least it gives her a chance to transition to something else. Or maybe even give hard answers about her future in the story (Like if she says something about going home to Zou during this time).

Basically, the fact that she's moving on from outside means we're moving on from the internal conflict idea as well.
Completely reasonable outlook :goyea:

I think it ultimately depends on where she goes once she's inside. Don't see how she'll get noteworthy screentime if she doesn't split from Wanda and meet up with some SHs. It's bad enough already that she's spent the entire raid with her.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco

I think it ultimately depends on where she goes once she's inside. Don't see how she'll get noteworthy screentime if she doesn't split from Wanda and meet up with some SHs. It's bad enough already that she's spent the entire raid with her.
I agree, that'll be a big thing to look out for, meeting up with any Strawhat is probably the most important next step right now.

Go watch the episode again.

Kaguya Hime is a well known inspiration in japan and Selene is a the greek moon godess.. there is nothing surprising here. It's basic.
Post automatically merged:

No I'm not, you just don't understand the analysis. But it's okay.. you will be faced with the reality sooner or later

Like I said, the pop corns are ready
bro you are not over-analyzing?? Your name is Carrotfornakama, you have a YouTube channel where you talk about carrot joining the Strawhats. You spend hours analyzing a third rate character and talking about it here, trying to convince us.

you’re the definition of over-analyzing.

if you spend this much time on analyzing the important CLEWS you would have solved already what the one piece is, what happened during void century, what the will of D is and all the mysteries of one piece. Oh no wait I’m OVERestimating your abilities as an analyst.

But u says that carrot has to join the crew to carry on Pedro will? Having a Will in one piece is one of the biggest challenges for a character like for yamato and momo
Yes, and that's what episode 1009 is showing on Carrot

Funny thatthe reasonnable outlook is the one vision that agrees with you xD

Your name is Carrotfornakama, you have a YouTube channel
I don't have a youtube channel, the video I shared was not me, just someone who likes what I'm doing ;)

You spend hours analyzing a third rate character and talking about it here, trying to convince us.

you’re the definition of over-analyzing.
Your error is to think that I analyze only the character of Carrot..

if you spend this much time on analyzing the important CLEWS you would have solved already what the one piece is, what happened during void century, what the will of D is and all the mysteries of one piece. Oh no wait I’m OVERestimating your abilities as an analyst.

I'm not interested in solving what the One Piece is. In fact i'm pretty sure that with an active reading of the material and 1 or two years of work, this mystery would be solve quite easily by people who really understand the craft.. nah. In fact i'm doing everything to avoid thinking about it. I want to be the most surprised possible.

Read chapter 1019 Yamato didn't know about it was a devil fruit loser
That didn't show how Yamato obtained the fruit, who it was meant for, nor show Yamato eating the fruit. And it doesn't change the information that the fruit is connected to Wano regardless of Yamato's ignorance. What did I lose?
I don't personally find it imperative. Yamato herself said that she's leaving Wano with Luffy after driving Kaido out, and she's been trying to leave for 20 years. As of now, she has a better connection and understanding of Luffy than she does Momo.

She even said Luffy is the one Oden has been waiting for.

Yamato's dream is the same. The order of doing so has changed. Since her wording at 8 year old is so pivotal:
-Go out to sea
-go on adventures
-get stronger
-fight of Wano

Right now she has done half, with her biggest conflict being that she's being forced to stay in Wano and her freedom being stolen.

It's irrelevant where Kaido got the info from. Kaido told Yamato that since she has that fruit, it's more reason she must stay in Wano to protect it as it's guardian diety. Yamato said its nothing like that and wants no such role. Granted, Kaido told her to do it for his sake.

Many SHs didn't get their end goal revealed until the end of the arc. We're still in the climax. Even Jinbe didn't have his end goal directly stated, but we know that it's obviously equality for fishmen.

Yamato is an Oden who tried leaving for 20 years despite knowing Wano and Momo's importance.

I can't be disappointed if I don't have any expectations. Please don't assume what I want. I didn't have to like a character to praise them etc.

Luffy didn't refer to crewmembers by name. Some of them he did. Because of that, saying Luffy never called Yamato by name doesn't work. Saying it matters when it didn't for other SHs is selective reasoning.
The overall point of mentioning the dream order is to show that Yamato's dream is not concrete and proven to be malleable. If Luffy was part of the original plan by Yamato then it would be more credible. Instead it has been only 2 years of wanting to escape Wano with Luffy.

Yamato's end goal will be an interesting time here when it's revealed.

So if the real Oden was alive and waiting on Luffy, would he join the crew even though Oden's already been to Laugh Tale? We the readers have already seen that so why would Oda repeat the same with a knockoff version of Oden in Yamato? The Strawhats do not need any version of Oden.

We shall see what name Luffy calls Yamato at the end of the arc. I'm going to guess with the feminine version of Yamao. Joke Setup.

Disappointment is the wrong word but it does seem like you expect it. Do you find any of the current Strawhats as "trash" characters? I don't and don't see Oda adding one to the crew.
I agree

Your argument hinges on Yamato being this special guardian deity role and the direct parallel of Momo that he specifically wants to stay with him. If Yamato is not anything special to him and he's already fine with his nine loyal scabbards, why would he be seeking her out? Just extra muscle? This is ignoring the fact that Yamato would still say no since she believes he shouldn't be scared of what may come.

And I'll put it this way: There are more statements, buildup, and reasoning for Yamato asking to join Luffy as she planned than there is for Momo asking her to stay in Wano instead.

Me and other people have been giving you reasoning for each of those points. You just choose not to accept them. Its okay to not want her to join and to outright hate her character like Van yet still acknowledge she's the most likely to join.
Them parallels between Yamato and Momonosuke are strong, no? With each passing chapter, Momonosuke has been leaning on Yamato more and more. Yamato was Momo's bodyguard then taught Momo about Momo's dragon powers and now will likely be the one who talks to Momo about the importance of opening Wano's borders as "Oden".

That would be hypocritical of Yamato to say Momo shouldn't be scared when Yamato was a scared 8 year old too.

So your under the impression Yamato will ask to join, Luffy says yes, and that's it? Seems anticlimactic compared to Jinbe donating blood to Luffy and leaving Big Mom's crew unafraid.

Most likely to join? That's a matter of perspective which hinges on the majority of the fanbase. The fanbase has debated who was the most likely to join after Jinbe in Fishmen Island and yet no one else joined yet. Yamato isn't even the only one who asked to ride with Luffy this arc so it's not even special.
The Will of P

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
That didn't show how Yamato obtained the fruit, who it was meant for, nor show Yamato eating the fruit. And it doesn't change the information that the fruit is connected to Wano regardless of Yamato's ignorance. What did I lose?

The overall point of mentioning the dream order is to show that Yamato's dream is not concrete and proven to be malleable. If Luffy was part of the original plan by Yamato then it would be more credible. Instead it has been only 2 years of wanting to escape Wano with Luffy.

So if the real Oden was alive and waiting on Luffy, would he join the crew even though Oden's already been to Laugh Tale? We the readers have already seen that so why would Oda repeat the same with a knockoff version of Oden in Yamato? The Strawhats do not need any version of Oden.

We shall see what name Luffy calls Yamato at the end of the arc. I'm going to guess with the feminine version of Yamao. Joke Setup.

Disappointment is the wrong word but it does seem like you expect it. Do you find any of the current Strawhats as "trash" characters? I don't and don't see Oda adding one to the crew.

Them parallels between Yamato and Momonosuke are strong, no? With each passing chapter, Momonosuke has been leaning on Yamato more and more. Yamato was Momo's bodyguard then taught Momo about Momo's dragon powers and now will likely be the one who talks to Momo about the importance of opening Wano's borders as "Oden".

That would be hypocritical of Yamato to say Momo shouldn't be scared when Yamato was a scared 8 year old too.

So your under the impression Yamato will ask to join, Luffy says yes, and that's it? Seems anticlimactic compared to Jinbe donating blood to Luffy and leaving Big Mom's crew unafraid.

Most likely to join? That's a matter of perspective which hinges on the majority of the fanbase. The fanbase has debated who was the most likely to join after Jinbe in Fishmen Island and yet no one else joined yet. Yamato isn't even the only one who asked to ride with Luffy this arc so it's not even special.

The Will of P
Postskip SHs are shells of their former selves and I don't like Chopper.

Now this is an analysis based on facts and logic... :cheers:

Yes, and that's what episode 1009 is showing on Carrot
Not the same thing Yamato wants to open up wano and carrot says that we going toward the dawn, not "I"

We didn't see how robin eat her fruit also why u think yamato eat the fruit because it's the guardian deity of wano she says that she doesn't know because she want to set out for sea but can't because she couldn't swim also didn't momo eat the copy of kaido without know that was a devil fruit also why u think that yamato have to stay in wano because she ate the df?

Yamato already states her goal already want to liberate wano and give it to the samurai and also want to go out to sea with luffy. Idk why u guys saying she needs to stay when she isn't from wano just was there because her father

your under the impression Yamato will ask to join, Luffy says yes, and that's it? Seems anticlimactic compared to Jinbe donating blood to Luffy and leaving Big Mom's crew unafraid.
Yamato was fighting Kaido when luffy was out of commission and even luffy say thank Yamato I own u one so what have carrot do that put that over yamato vs kaido cause without yamato kaido have would destroyed everybody in the raid

Last edited:
Them parallels between Yamato and Momonosuke are strong, no?
How about the blatant parallels of her and Oden, who didn't let being the next heir of Wano stop him from going out to sea? His loyal scabbards constantly asked him to stay yet he ignored them and left anyway. Sounds familiar.
With each passing chapter, Momonosuke has been leaning on Yamato more and more. Yamato was Momo's bodyguard then taught Momo about Momo's dragon powers and now will likely be the one who talks to Momo about the importance of opening Wano's borders as "Oden".
How does Yamato helping him equate to him leaning on her? He never asked to be taught how to fly. He never asked for her protection. On that same line, Yamato had to be ordered both times by Luffy to be with him and she still ditched him twice to do her own thing. The first time was just cause she was itching to fight. The last one had him begging her to stay and she ignored him.

That doesn't sound like the developing relationship of his personal babysitter that always wants to be with him.
Luffy told Momo that there's nothing in this world he should be scared of. Yamato was speechless and Momo himself agreed the panel after. You then see her taking that to heart when she tells him to stop whining and leaves him even though he was trying to guilt her into not going.

Considering her story revolves around being chained at Wano for decades and forced to be alone, there is emotional weight to her finally having friends and being able to leave her prison.
You completely missed the point in what I said. Regardless, Caribou looking for a way to leave Wano alive is not comparable to Yamato wanting to join the crew. That should be obvious.

Not the same thing Yamato wants to open up wano and carrot says that we going toward the dawn, not "I"
You are really trying your hardest to dodge everything lol
Carrot saying we means also "I", she includs himself, and if the anime is canon, the moment is VERY important. No need to try to deny it. The anime.. it's not just when it fits your narrative

Yamato already states her goal already want to liberate wano and give it to the samurai
Can you quote that ?

even luffy say thank Yamato I own u one
Luffy never said that you are inventing. He only said "thanks Yamato, this helped me a lot"

How about the blatant parallels of her and Oden, who didn't let being the next heir of Wano stop him from going out to sea? His loyal scabbards constantly asked him to stay yet he ignored them and left anyway. Sounds familiar.
The whole point of the arc of Oden was to show a very powerfull man.. who made terrible descisions. First by going out to sea while his country needed him, then by acting on his own when what he should have done was to rely on his Scabbards. People think that Oden is a role model.. he is not. The guy was too stubborn to ask for help and to rely on others. He even lifted up all the scabbards by himself.

That's the opposite of what a strawhat should be. If Wano proved one thing, is that relying on others and making selfless descisions are the FOUNDATIONS for victory.

she tells him to stop whining and leaves him
Yamato NEVER told Momo to "stop whining". You are also inventing things.

around being chained at Wano
In Onigashima* Onigashima is not Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.