Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know how much of a brain dead twit one can be to have been reading this story for years upon years, and have been incapable of reaching the conclusion that One Piece has always been one massive web of interwoven destiny geared toward reaching the climax of connecting the mystery of an entire missing century from almost a 1000 years ago, and the inevitable World changing event that was set to transpire in the current timeline. Like, do you read the fucking story, or do you just stare at the pictures while drooling? "Destiny, Flow of Time, Inherited Will, Promises to fulfill, the Promised Time, Pirates that Roger has been waiting for, The Roger Pirates were too early, One day a man will rise to challenge the World, Men's Dreams never die, etc... etc... etc.." For fuck sakes......

You guys forget this will only be Luffys awakening after that Kaidou will stomp him again with his own awakening only for luffy to pull up Gear 5 his real powerup

:nicagesmile:

BTW I am not mocking Zoro cuz I was a believer of ZKK.

But with Joy Boy D. Nika I think it's gone

Maybe just maybe we will get everyone against Kaidou before Luffy makes his come back. The wings, who are both out, will come back to do some stuff
Luffy will beat Kaido it's a certainty and since the beginning of the arc we knew it, you really have to know nothing about manga to think that Oda was going to give Luffy any victory (his own mc)

Luffy will defeat kaido
Zoro is going to kill Kaido

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Are Luffy fans happy with Luffy being Nika and Joy Boy? Not just a symbolic representation of them, but as much a literal reincarnation of them as Naruto was of Asura.

(This feels like the moment where Naruto met the Sage of the Six Paths and acquired his power).

To be clear, I'm not criticising the story or criticising Luffy, I just want to know if this is a development that Luffy fans appreciate and/or welcome.

@Luffy is the mc, @Hades, @Celestial D. Dragon, @Bogard, @Sentinel, @Akai2.
I'll try summarizing my thoughts on it in the chapter thread after I read the chapter. Though I already got into it at the end of last week's chapter.
Luffy ascending the castle to the rooftop:

CP0 boss ascending the castle to the rooftop:

• Luffy’s an opponent who’s given Kaido a thrill he hasn’t experienced since battling Oden. Kaido brought out all his big guns. He had to stop playing with his food like Big Mom asked. You can tell he’s cherishing combat for the first time in a while. He says “Winners don’t need rationalizations”, but he’s been struggling with his imperfect victory against Oden for 20 years. Also, he’s seeking a death as legendary as Oden’s, Whitebeard’s and Roger’s. This battle was a canvas to paint his redemption story of achieving victory with no excuses, or to die honorably against a worthy opponent. This is why CP0’s interference is a plot device to further Kaido’s character arc rather than a battle assist. Kaido would’ve won regardless. Yet, he’s once again haunted by an imperfect victory riddled with excuses. I have to think now’s a perfect segue for Kaido’s flashback.

I’ve always appreciated One Piece’s boldness in portraying its stoic characters as quirkily as possible. World’s strongest creature? Doesn’t matter, if you’re drunk you go through the full gamut of emotions. Anger, bloodlust, depression, and yes, even flirtation. That nuance is making Kaido far more memorable. Pre-raid, he was largely monotonous. Holding off on exploring his backstory was an issue as well. Oda kept dangling interesting tidbits of his philosophical outlook, without payoff. I believe it was to save the God Valley/Joy Boy/Rocks lore till the arc’s climax.​

• Kaido is, quite simply, the strongest character we’ve seen in combat thus far. The number of notable blows he’s tanked throughout this raid gauntlet is unbelievable. Unreal defensive capacity! On top of that, his diverse offensive arsenal coupled with zoan versatility, are making Luffy, even in his strongest forms of Gear 4th, seem ordinary. And Luffy is all but an ordinary fighter!

I now understand what Oda meant by this:​

Luffy’s solution needed to be a destined legendary awakening shonen power up to put this monster down! Remember, rubber always bounces back

The sky lanterns carrying Wano citizens’ wishes will reach Luffy on Onigashima, as he awakens his devil fruit. It’ll mark Joy Boy’s prophesied arrival to liberate Wano :finally:

• Multiple beautifully illustrated action panels this week. Kaido’s last Thunder Bagua being my favorite. The attack’s impact really pops due to the CoC black trails contrasted with negative white space.

• This dialogue was very interesting

Kaido knows Wano samurai perception is a mere exaggerated legend. Just like Oden. The marines are afraid of the unknown. Oden was a closed off idiot. Solely carrying burdens he never had to. Just like Wano. He continued to live on as folklore of embellished tales. Wano citizens need to move on from trying to emulate Oden. Opening up Wano’s borders might be too on the nose, but it’s perfect symbolism for rejecting that boomer samurai ideology. Which is why Momo, Kaido and Yamato’s self-actualization arcs have been introduced in the first place. In the One Piece verse, trying to become someone will always fail. Yamato and Momo will never become “Oden”. And unlike Luffy, Kaido will never become Joy Boy.​

• My anticipation of X-Drake’s importance as a fighter is no more. It’s obvious Oda will not make him into a valuable combatant. However, I still expect him to be an important leadership figure within the new marine hierarchy.

Hell no, Imu and the whole World Government need to be destroyed, especially Celestial Dragons.
Not happening. God Valley has already shown us there are bigger things than CD and the WG
Post automatically merged:

You guys forget this will only be Luffys awakening after that Kaidou will stomp him again with his own awakening only for luffy to pull up Gear 5 his real powerup

:nicagesmile:
Luffy ain’t losing again after being declared pirate Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.