Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE 974: ONWARD TO ONIGASHIMA

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

So if Luffy, Kid and Law being pictured together means they're all taking down Kaido, what does this mean?

To be quite honest I'll be surprised if Zoro, Kid or Law do more than land one decent hit on Kaido. Luffy's doing the majority of the work here.
Means nothing. Unless you think Luffy and Sanji will take down BM

Can we please stop using non cannon colourspreads as foreshadowing. All that shows is Zoro will be relevant.

J

Jo_Ndule

So if Luffy, Kid and Law being pictured together means they're all taking down Kaido, what does this mean?

To be quite honest I'll be surprised if Zoro, Kid or Law do more than land one decent hit on Kaido. Luffy's doing the majority of the work here.
using magazine cover as argument ?

I though you were better than other Zoro fanboys who uses fanarts and magazine covers as arguments

Zoro will not be stronger than Roger and Primebeard, lol. Oda would rather make an exception to Roger being a swordsman. Or, even if Roger is a swordsman, he would be excluded from Zoro's goal, as Zoro's goal is to be the WSS in the great era of piracy.

And Law? His powers highly revolve around his DF. At this point he might as well use a knife for his spatial hax. Zoro is Luffy's vice captain I get it. But I think there will be a few captains more important than Luffy's vice captain (Blackbeard, Kidd, Law, mainly).

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Zoro will not be stronger than Roger and Primebeard, lol. Oda would rather make an exception to Roger being a swordsman. Or, even if Roger is a swordsman, he would be excluded from Zoro's goal, as Zoro's goal is to be the WSS in the great era of piracy.

And Law? His powers highly revolve around his DF. At this point he might as well use a knife for his spatial hax. Zoro is Luffy's vice captain I get it. But I think there will be a few captains more important than Luffy's vice captain (Blackbeard, Kidd, Law, mainly).
Hahahah rogers a Swordsman end of.
Its shonen zoro will be the strongest swordsman ever in the op

Means nothing. Unless you think Luffy and Sanji will take down BM

Can we please stop using non cannon colourspreads as foreshadowing. All that shows is Zoro will be relevant.
Technically speaking Sanji did take down Big Mom, just not in a fight.

Anyway, that's not really my point. My point is that Oda drawing characters together isn't really much of a sign of, well, anything. Well, maybe that's not fair, he hasn't drawn them together for no reason. But I don't really think it's a sign that these three are going to fight Kaido and no one else will. In Wano, he's drawn Luffy, Kid and Law together. He's drawn Luffy, Zoro and Kaido together. He's drawn Luffy and Zoro together. He's drawn Zoro and Sanji together. In this chapter we also got a brief Luffy, Zoro and Sanji bit as well, I think we've even had a Luffy, Law, Kine'mon, Inuarashi panel collection at one point, though that might have been Zou.

End of the day, though, I'm still not expecting anyone other than Luffy to do more than be side players against Kaido. Land a hit on him, maybe. Get wasted by him to hype Luffy vs Kaido, definitely.

using magazine cover as argument ?

I though you were better than other Zoro fanboys who uses fanarts and magazine covers as arguments
See what I've said to Chrono for the most part. I'm not suggesting Luffy and Zoro vs Kaido while no one else gets involved, if that's what you're thinking

Though I have to say, I wouldn't compare fan art to something that Oda has actually drawn.
is garp even a zoro fanboy?
He's my favourite character. Whether or not that makes me a fanboy or not, eh

Technically speaking Sanji did take down Big Mom, just not in a fight.

Anyway, that's not really my point. My point is that Oda drawing characters together isn't really much of a sign of, well, anything. Well, maybe that's not fair, he hasn't drawn them together for no reason. But I don't really think it's a sign that these three are going to fight Kaido and no one else will. In Wano, he's drawn Luffy, Kid and Law together. He's drawn Luffy, Zoro and Kaido together. He's drawn Luffy and Zoro together. He's drawn Zoro and Sanji together. In this chapter we also got a brief Luffy, Zoro and Sanji bit as well, I think we've even had a Luffy, Law, Kine'mon, Inuarashi panel collection at one point, though that might have been Zou.

End of the day, though, I'm still not expecting anyone other than Luffy to do more than be side players against Kaido. Land a hit on him, maybe. Get wasted by him to hype Luffy vs Kaido, definitely.
Yes but if you count that as taking her down. Then Luffy didnt do shit to take her down.

Anyways thats not my point. Mine was just to address colourspreads and how irrelevant they are. Manga panels may be foreshadowings or not. But instead of using that colourspread you shouldve used Cannon LuZo moments in Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.