• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ardym

for those who think Mihawk is PK level just think about this
a casual Roger slash sent Oden flying
Mihwak best slash was stopped by Jozu
and for sure you know who is stronger Oden or Jozu?
and you could conclude yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a colourspread, it's a SJ cover. Slightly different. I do give them a bit more weight than the usual colour spreads of "Strawhats dress up and play with animals." Generally speaking, when he does ones like the two we've provided, the one where Vivi came back for Reverie and the one with Luffy and the Yonko, it's a sign that they'll be the important characters of events to come.

But sure, basically I'll say I don't see any difference between this chapter and stuff like this

Yes but he also does it for movies so where do we go from here ? I already gave you an example of the Sanji one, as Luffy wasnt relevant in taking down BM.

All these colourspreads show is who will the main SHs of the arc. And perhaps the people will take down the two antagonists of the arc.

Luffy took down Katakuri
Sanji took down BM

Luffy takes down Kaido
Zoro takes down Orochi

Great chapter!

finally the traitor is out and it's the expected one Kanjuro! But still good nonetheless I'm pretty sad for Kinemon tho he knows there's a traitor but he's afraid to know who it is.

That's why we have Denjiro who probably used an Uno reverse card to Orochi plans lol :madmonk: as we all see in the last chapter the sunny is okay and as Kid mentioned he seen alot of samurai's and ships which will be explaine in another flashback in which I don't mind

Lastly I the supernova trio is back!! It's been 12 years since we last saw them in a panel together and will Oda finally show us a naval battle?? HYPE I'm hoping for that:steef:

what makes Oden death sadder is he died without knowing who the traitor was after all that is the reason why they lost but I think it's for the better he died believing in his retainers to achieve his dreams:catcry:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
for those who think Mihawk is PK level just think about this
a casual Roger slash sent Oden flying
Mihwak best move was stopped by Jozu
and for sure you know who is stronger Oden or Jozu?
and you could conclude yourself.
Mihawks best move....

Stfu
Yes but he also does it for movies so where do we go from here ? I already gave you an example of the Sanji one, as Luffy wasnt relevant in taking down BM.

All these colourspreads show is who will the main SHs of the arc. And perhaps the people will take down the two antagonists of the arc.

Luffy took down Katakuri
Sanji took down BM

Luffy takes down Kaido
Zoro takes down Orochi
Zoro aint taking orochi down or else he would have got the ame no habikiri is the snake slayer sword the sword literally famed in japan for slaying the yamata no orochi

Tbh with zoro I hope he gets a bit more of a back story in wano as supposedly in the same way Wci was sanji's arc this one is meant to be zoro's. Yes I like zoro but I don't necessarily think that pure power has much ado about anything in terms of relevance to the story so th whole power scaling conversation at this is pointless. Plenty of times characters who are weak have important roles in one piece and that is what makes the One piece tale such a great narrative.
Eg Ussopp being the only reason Robin didn't go to impel down in the enies lobby arc or the reason why law and luffy are not toys in dressrosa. Also momonosuke is very important to the story of this arc and hea weak as can be in one piece.

Zoro has progressed the story he has been involved with hiyori kawamatsu and benkei all of whom will develop as well as killer and hawkins. He has lead to the forces being armed or at least the story of how they get armed coming to fruition. At this point kids has had less interaction and a smaller role only interacting with apoo, hawkins killer, kaido and queen fairly briefly and mostly off panel.
Law has had a greater role but at this point we don't necessarily know where is story line is going so it's pointless to discuss.

I'd like to think this sea battle is set up for Jinbei to show up and wreck the ships.

But given there's what looks like three ships I'm guessing it'll be Luffy, Kid and Law sinking one each to show off. Though I think it would be more interesting if it was the ships themselves that did it. We know what the Sunny can do, but it would be cool to see Kid and Law's ships in action. And it would fit Oda saying at the end of WCI that he wanted to draw one
A sea battle without jinbei would be wack
:josad:
It's not a colourspread, it's a SJ cover. Slightly different. I do give them a bit more weight than the usual colour spreads of "Strawhats dress up and play with animals." Generally speaking, when he does ones like the two we've provided, the one where Vivi came back for Reverie and the one with Luffy and the Yonko, it's a sign that they'll be the important characters of events to come.

But sure, basically I'll say I don't see any difference between this chapter and stuff like this

I think they all portray something
Like luffy and zoro the captain and his right hand
When its luffy zoro sanji it highlights the monster trio and the 3 people with most power within the crew. Like zoro and sanji being his left and right hands

And the luffy law kid ones highlighting the most important supernova in this generation

Status
Not open for further replies.