Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how both sides of this debate use the anime as an argument when it's promoting their agenda and tell the other side it's non cannon and doesn't count when it works against them.
Well, the anime is pro Carrot so it wouldn't really be fair for me to use it. It has done indeed a good job for Yamato (because she is on important episodes), but it has multiple time promoted Carrot with the strawhat in a more that pronounced way than the strawhat before her or to developp her character arc.

Even if that's cool and I could use that to say "see! Toei knows something".. in reality it's not canon and we can't be sure of anything. So I don't.

Usopp's desire never changed. He wants to become a pround warrior of the sea, yes. But he still wants to be a pirate since the beggining.
It's a change of desire nonetheless. It's something similar but "different". But you are right in the way that it's not really "impactfull" enough. In fact. For Usopp if we want to talk about a real character arc, I think we should talk more about what happened on Water Seven. Here you can see a REAL change in Usopp's desire. That's a reason why I often consider Water Seven as the moment Usopp became a real strawhat.

Brook never wanted to stay. He always wanted to find Laboon. It just that he couldn't do it because his shadow was stolen. But his desires never changed.
Finding Laboon was his goal. But not something he thought it was possible for him to do. (he only got that realization later with Luffyà But his real desire at the time made him stick on thriller bark. It was to find his Shadow ba(r)k even if it meant dying for it. That desire changed to Laboon fully later but it also change before that by making brook help the strawhats.

Oh, yeah right... Dream is not a synonymous term for desire now...
They are.. a Dream is just much more stronger. A dream (or should I say a life's goal) is something that the character can't help to seak.. it's their becon of Hope, when they lose that, they lose hope. A desire is just the way to access that.

Luffy: Doing (????)/Being Free/Showing Shanks his value (Dream/Goal) > Becoming the Pirate King (Desire) > Finding the One Piece (Desire)
Zoro: Make his talent reach Kuina in the other world (Dream/Goal) > Becoming the best Swordsman (Desire) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Nami: Following her secret and potentially magical sea instinct Creating a world map (Dream/Goal) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Usopp: Mimicking his Dad Becoming a proud Warrior (Dream/Goal) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Sanji: Having a family Finding the All Blue (Dream/Goal) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Chopper: Making the world free of disease (Dream/Goal/Desire?) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Robin: Having a reason to live Finding the truth about the world and the Void Century (Dream/Goal) > FInding the Poneglyph (Desire) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Franky: Building a dream Ship (a dream ship only became that at the end of the journey) (Dream/Goal) > Following the SUnny and Luffy (Desire)
Brook: Make Laboon listen to the song of the pirate (Dream/Goal) > Following Luffy (Desire)
Jinbe: To free the fishmen (Dream/Goal) > Following Luffy (Desire)

Note here that some dreams/goals are not what you would think at first glance.. That's because you need to dig for the real reason why the strong desire are here that's why the revelation about Luffy's own goal was so important.

I also hesitated for Chopper also. I don't thing what we call "his dream" with stay the same. I think Chopper is about to understand that making the world free of disease is not something he can do. At least not alone. Or not the way he currently think he will.

But as you can see. Dream/goals are like bricks. They are the foundation for everything else, as for their desire.. they can change. For example there is a good reason to think that Zoro will stop seaking for power at the end of his journey, because of the fact that what he truly needs is not power.. it's mourning.

are you for real?
Can you give me a quote of the manga mentionnning the word "dream" for Yamato please ?

Last edited:
Note here that some dreams/goals are not what you would think at first glance.. That's because you need to dig for the real reason why the strong desire are here that's why the revelation about Luffy's own goal was so important.

I also hesitated for Chopper also. I don't thing what we call "his dream" with stay the same. I think Chopper is about to understand that making the world free of disease is not something he can do. At least not alone. Or not the way he currently think he will.

But as you can see. Dream/goals are like bricks. They are the foundation for everything else, as for their desire.. they can change. For example there is a good reason to think that Zoro will stop seaking for power at the end of his journey, because of the fact that what he truly needs is not power.. it's mourning.
WTF? You're contradicting yourself, defining the term in order to fit your propaganda...

WTF? You're contradicting yourself, defining the term in order to fit your propaganda...
Hm? Where am I contradicting myself here? :choppawhat: If you are talking about my hesitation on Chopper's goal, this is not a contradiction. I just hesitated on the nature of the fundamental "brick" of his character arc. In fact I first put as a goal "Following Hilluluk's teaching" because it's the main reason behind the fact that he wants to heal the world.. but this was a bit too vague so I deleted it.

There never was a "dream" for Yamato, just a strong life goal: to live free, and a strong desire because of that. And it's a fact that Oda tends to make his character have strong desire change during their character arc so there are no reasons to believe Yamato won't follow the same principle.

Yamato will never stop seeking freedom. Just like Luffy. But she might understand that freedom can come in a lot of possible ways.

I know reality is hard to accept when you are looking at it.. but it's time for you to start facing your bias.

I love how Oda shows us how Oden did want to leave Wano and go on an adventure just like Yamato, not to mention Oden was one of few who know what was Roger's true dream just like how Yamato knows Luffy's true dream 👀 the parallel between Oden and Yamato is so clear but the carrot fans and anti-Yamato still denied it 😭 that why they are trying to make up a reason for her to stay in wano talking about her wanted to leave Wano is just a “Desire” when it was just the same as Oden 😂 they want the little bunny to join the crew when it never shows/hinted that “SHE” wants to join but they see her being friends with the crew =SHs 👀

I love how Oda shows us how Oden did want to leave Wano and go on an adventure just like Yamato, not to mention Oden was one of few who know what was Roger's true dream just like how Yamato knows Luffy's true dream 👀 the parallel between Oden and Yamato is so clear but the carrot fans and anti-Yamato still denied it 😭 that why they are trying to make up a reason for her to stay in wano talking about her wanted to leave Wano is just a “Desire” when it was just the same as Oden 😂 they want the little bunny to join the crew when it never shows/hinted that “SHE” wants to join but they see her being friends with the crew =SHs 👀
You know that Oden's desire changed from following Roger to protecting Wano during his adventures.. right ?

You know that Oden's desire changed from following Roger to protecting Wano during his adventures.. right ?
Here is the truth what happened. When Toki fell ill. He was thinking that he should return to wano alongside with her. But it was Toki that push him to continue his journey alongside with the roger pirates otherwise she would divorce him.

When he finally arrived back to wano he refuses to step foot in it until journey was complete. it is true that oden would regret doing this he felt ashamed. When he went to laugh tale, he would find out the truth about his country use to be open to the world. His journey was already ending he had understood what he must do to help his country. When the roger pirates offered their assistant to help oden liberate his country, he refuses their aid. He believes he can manage the situation on his own. He also knew that could not force his way to become shogun. But he knows that his followers could conduct in his ideals for him. He also understood that there was a greater external power that is why boarders were closed. The Biggest failure of oden character he refuses to ask others to help him liberate country for him.

Last edited:
Guys can we stop talking for one moment about Yamato and Carrot. And talk about the two characters who have the best change to join? Who fit the best with the crew? Who have the most unique design? Can we talk about Geezer tree and unicorn?
No. because they are shit.

If you want to talk about Who should have actually joined Look no Further than; Moodie and Poppy
and while were at it, Raki Rindo

I suppose lending a little more weight to the idea of Yamato being sake brewer/bartender would be related to the oni of Japanese myth, Shuten-dōji, whom had a big fondness for sake and would even go on drunken rages. I dunno where Kaido gets his sake from, but going by how he always seems to have sake around him, and the sake brewing device that was near Yamato when Ace visited, then it may be possible Kaido forced Yamato to brew sake for him, and even brewed some of her own on her own time like with Ace.

I suppose lending a little more weight to the idea of Yamato being sake brewer/bartender would be related to the oni of Japanese myth, Shuten-dōji, whom had a big fondness for sake and would even go on drunken rages. I dunno where Kaido gets his sake from, but going by how he always seems to have sake around him, and the sake brewing device that was near Yamato when Ace visited, then it may be possible Kaido forced Yamato to brew sake for him, and even brewed some of her own on her own time like with Ace.
If im being real here "Sake Brewer" is not a viable position on a ship
And thats coming from a devote Yamato supporter

@CarrotForNakama do u seriously think Carrot got more chances to join or relevance to the story than Yamato?
Carrot definitely has a lot more chances to join and has more relevance to the story than Momo's guardian.

Yamato is basically just another Rebecca, Shirahoshi, or Vivi.

Carrot, on the other hand, has been travelling together with the main crew since Zou arc, is the most important Mink, who was also the first one to turn into Sulong.

She couldn't stay in Sulong form the entire fight, and ended up losing to Perospero, which on the surface may seem like it's because she has less relevance than Nekomamushi and Inuarashi, but it also hints that she is still going to turn into her Sulong form again for something bigger that will occur in the end of this arc.

And, unlike Yamato, Carrot has no reason whatsoever to stay in Wano or to go back to Zou, so it's very likely that she will choose to join the Straw Hats, so she can continue her adventure.

Last edited:
Carrot definitely has a lot more chances to join and has more relevance to the story than Momo's guardian.

Yamato is basically just another Rebecca, Shirahoshi, or Vivi.

Carrot, on the other hand, has been travelling together with the main crew since Zou arc, is the most important Mink, who was also the first one to turn into Sulong.

She did not transform when she lost to Perospero, which on the surface may seem like it's because she has less relevance than Nekomamushi and Inuarashi, but it also hints that she is still going to turn into her Sulong form for something bigger that will occur in the end of this arc.

And, unlike Yamato, Carrot has no reason whatsoever to stay in Wano or to go back to Zou, so it's very likely that she will choose to join the Straw Hats, so she can continue her adventure.
:risitameh::ihaha:
hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.