Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be listed as a hobby. Not a "profession", if you will, although it is a job worthy thing.
Hell I think one of the twins from suite life with Zack and Cody had made his own mead.
In sake brewing, a Toji [master brewer] is the chief executive of production. In the olden days, sake brewing served as a type of seasonal work for farmers in the agricultural off-season, the winter; the rice-growing season was from Spring to Autumn. A person who produces sake is referred to as a Kurabito or sake brewery worker. The person who overseas the team of brewery workers is the Toji. Furthermore, a Toji is also the name given to a guild of skilled craftspeople, but a single brewery only ever hires one Toji.

You bunch of cucks can keep doing your mutual hypnosis to convince yourselves that your delusion will become truth, but that will not change the fact that Yamao won't join, and that so far Yamao has only been making clearer with each new chapter that she will stay with Momo, the only character she has a special bond with.
Presenting evidence is more useful in a debate than calling people cucks. You make a lot of claims but you don't back them up.

In sake brewing, a Toji [master brewer] is the chief executive of production. In the olden days, sake brewing served as a type of seasonal work for farmers in the agricultural off-season, the winter; the rice-growing season was from Spring to Autumn. A person who produces sake is referred to as a Kurabito or sake brewery worker. The person who overseas the team of brewery workers is the Toji. Furthermore, a Toji is also the name given to a guild of skilled craftspeople, but a single brewery only ever hires one Toji.
That's cool. Thanks for that.
Post automatically merged:

Presenting evidence is more useful in a debate than calling people cucks. You make a lot of claims but you don't back them up.
Just more sensationalism from Heavy Copers.

If im being real here "Sake Brewer" is not a viable position on a ship
And thats coming from a devote Yamato supporter
I don't think it's that ridiculous since we have an archaeologist onboard. We've also had the importance of sake in particular be brought up a lot, both with Bink's Sake and the bonding ritual. If the theory that the One Piece is actually sake that's been brewing (which is why Roger said he was too early) turns out to be true, then it wouldn't be farfetched that Luffy would also need to leave something for the next Pirate King. Or there's the theory that Luffy's real dream is to party with the world/be friends with everyone, and having sake for the bonding ritual would also make sense. It could even be foreshadowing that in the chapter where Yamato is first mentioned with Jinbe's toast that they are out of sake and Yamato's flashback had the reference to the poem about brewing sake.

I'm still in the Yamato as apprentice camp, but I think there's enough there that Oda could call her a brewer, and I wouldn't be surprised.

Wow, a mod just edited my last post telling me not to insult other members... This is so ridiculous

To the coward who edited my post anonymously:

Expressing laughter to mock someone is clearly an insult, and it's much worse than what I did, considering how it's an underhanded means to offend the other person. And I was alone saying something to those people, while 6 people were insulting me together, and that offensive post is still there. Not to mention that they are the ones who started to insult me, and I was just responding to the insult.

What kind of sense does it make for only my post to be edited? They can insult me as they want but I have endure it trying to respond without hurting their feelings? Really?

And you, the coward who edited my post without even identifying yourself, are also clearly insulting me by trying to educate me like a kid, telling me how I should behave in a discussion as if I didn't know what I was doing.

By telling me not to insult people you're telling me not to do something you're doing yourself. You literally don't know what you're doing.

Some hours ago I even praised the moderation in this site saying how good it is that mods here seem to keep moderation to a minimum, letting people insult each other...

It's truly a pity that things seem to be changing now, so it will become harder to discuss properly without fearing censorship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrot definitely has a lot more chances to join and has more relevance to the story than Momo's guardian.

Yamato is basically just another Rebecca, Shirahoshi, or Vivi.

Carrot, on the other hand, has been travelling together with the main crew since Zou arc, is the most important Mink, who was also the first one to turn into Sulong.

She couldn't stay in Sulong form the entire fight, and ended up losing to Perospero, which on the surface may seem like it's because she has less relevance than Nekomamushi and Inuarashi, but it also hints that she is still going to turn into her Sulong form again for something bigger that will occur in the end of this arc.

And, unlike Yamato, Carrot has no reason whatsoever to stay in Wano or to go back to Zou, so it's very likely that she will choose to join the Straw Hats, so she can continue her adventure.
It seems Carrot dementia is a contagious pandemic among wokes
Post automatically merged:

Im thinking Zoro will officially take up the Vice-Captain role and Yamato will take the Combatant position
My argument is that too

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Wow, a mod just edited my last post telling me not to insult other members... This is so ridiculous

Expressing laughter to mock someone is clearly an insult, and it's much worse than what I did, considering how it's an underhanded means to offend the other person. And I was alone saying something to those people, while 6 people were insulting me together, and that offensive post is still there. Not to mention that they are the ones who started to insult me, and I was just responding to the insult.

What kind of sense does it make for only my post to be edited? They can insult me as they want but I have endure it trying to respond without hurting their feelings? Really?

And you, the coward who edited my post without even identifying yourself, are also clearly insulting me by trying to educate me like a kid, telling me how I should behave in a discussion as if I didn't know what I was doing.

By telling me not to insult people you're telling me not to do something you're doing yourself. You literally don't know what you're doing.

Some hours ago I even praised the moderation in this site saying how good it is that mods here seem to keep moderation to a minimum, letting people insult each other...

It's truly a pity that things seem to be changing now, so it will become harder to discuss properly without fearing censorship.
First all mod notifications and edits are anonymous, that’s just how its coded. So no it’s not a matter of not wanting to be identified. If you ever have an issue with mod actions you could always contact the mod team.

in this case, I edited your first post.

The reason being, you insulted another user by calling them a cuck. Someone laughed at your post and sure, you might not like it but it doesn’t break any rules. It’s not a direct personal insult unlike what you posted after. And personal insults are against forum rules.

If you ever feel like someone is insulting you, use the report button and explain your reasoning

Although you clearly broke the rules, and you were a lot more insulting than the people you were talking to, I do agree with part of this. The Yamato crew needs to stop ganging up on people.

This is a problem that has been growing a lot lately. People who don't believe Yamato will join come in here and argue against her, and 10 people come in and debate them at once. Things tend to turn to insults pretty quickly because people get understandably frustrated by a bunch of people laughing at their posts together and it snowballs from there. I have seen people come in here being completely polite and civil and then devolving into shit slinging before they leave because of the immediately aggresive reaction of the Yamato crew.

Ya'll, we have to stop this. Yes, sometimes it's against people who deserve it, but often it's people who don't. I even saw some people insulting Shift the last time he came here, and now he avoids the thread entirely. Even the most level headed and polite Carrot fans won't post here anymore. Now it's basically just Dizzy and C4N, with someone occaisionally coming in looking for a fight, and whenever someone who doesn't know what a shit hole this thread is shows up for a regular discussion, they get chased out after just a couple of posts. We're killing this thread by completely supressing opposing viewpoints. I think we really need to try and lighten up. Just let one or two people debate someone at once instead of having everyone come and gang up on them.

Although you clearly broke the rules, and you were a lot more insulting than the people you were talking to, I do agree with part of this. The Yamato crew needs to stop ganging up on people.

This is a problem that has been growing a lot lately. People who don't believe Yamato will join come in here and argue against her, and 10 people come in and debate them at once. Things tend to turn to insults pretty quickly because people get understandably frustrated by a bunch of people laughing at their posts together and it snowballs from there. I have seen people come in here being completely polite and civil and then devolving into shit slinging before they leave because of the immediately aggresive reaction of the Yamato crew.

Ya'll, we have to stop this. Yes, sometimes it's against people who deserve it, but often it's people who don't. I even saw some people insulting Shift the last time he came here, and now he avoids the thread entirely. Even the most level headed and polite Carrot fans won't post here anymore. Now it's basically just Dizzy and C4N, with someone occaisionally coming in looking for a fight, and whenever someone who doesn't know what a shit hole this thread is shows up for a regular discussion, they get chased out after just a couple of posts. We're killing this thread by completely supressing opposing viewpoints. I think we really need to try and lighten up. Just let one or two people debate someone at once instead of having everyone come and gang up on them.
The problem is there isn't a reason to argue against her, yet people do nonetheless. People need to be objective and not let their dislike/bias of her cloud their judgement, Something Most of them do.

So just because people as a collective argue and defend Yamato, doesn't mean they shouldn't speak just because there's "too much people already posting" towards the detractors.

The problem is there isn't a reason to argue against her, yet people do nonetheless. People need to be objective and not let their dislike/bias of her cloud their judgement, Something Most of them do.

So just because people as a collective argue and defend Yamato, doesn't mean they shouldn't speak just because there's "too much people already posting" towards the detractors.
I agree there are no valid arguments against her at this point, but there's no need to be toxic about it. If we all responded politely and without laughing emotes people probably wouldn't care.

First all mod notifications and edits are anonymous and cannot be changed. So no it’s not a matter of not wanting to be identified. If you ever have an issue with mod actions you could always contact the mod team.

in this case, I edited your first post.

The reason being, you insulted another user by calling them a cuck. Someone laughed at your post and sure, you might not like it but it doesn’t break any rules. It’s not a direct personal insult unlike what you posted after. And personal insults are against forum rules.
It should have been very easy for you to identify yourself by writing "Edited by Kiwipom" in my post, unless you can only delete things from people's posts without being able to write anything.

And you had more than enough time to send me a message instead or besides the anonymous mod notification.
And I wasn't just accusing you of not wanting to be identified; The problem is that you didn't care about being identified while doing those things to me, leaving me no means to know who I was dealing with. That's a cowardly attitude by itself.

But good, at least you identified yourself now, because I challenged you to it.

The fact it was indirect made it worse than mine, especially if mods in this site turn a blind eye to that kind of insult; That's an underhanded tactic to offend someone without running the risk of being targetted by mods, while also baiting the other person to throw more direct insults that won't be ignored by mods.

And no, it's not just a matter of "not liking it". That's just the way you're conveniently choosing to phrase it.

What they did there was still a personal insult. They were using a serious post of mine as a target of mockery, thus insulting me. And 6 people were doing it; not just one. It seems you're failing to understand the importance of this factor. And, again, they insulted me first.

"you might not like it but it doesn’t break any rules" = It doesn't matter if they insulted you first, nor that many people were attacking you together; I personally don't like what you wrote, and I don't mind their mockery (it's not like they were mocking me anyway), so I'm conveniently choosing only to call what you wrote a 'personal insult' as an excuse to edit it while being able to claim that I'm just moderating according to the forum rules.

It should have been very easy for you to identify yourself by writing "Edited by Kiwipom" in my post, unless you can only delete things from people's posts without being able to write anything.

And you had more than enough time to send me a message instead or besides the anonymous mod notification.
And I wasn't just accusing you of not wanting to be identified; The problem is that you didn't care about being identified while doing those things to me, leaving me no means to know who I was dealing with. That's a cowardly attitude by itself.

The fact it was indirect made it worse than mine, especially if mods in this site turn a blind eye to that kind of insult; That's an underhanded tactic to offend someone without running the risk of being targetted by mods, while also baiting the other person to throw more direct insults that won't be ignored by mods.

And no, it's not just a matter of "not liking it". That's just the way you're conveniently choosing to phrase it.

What they did there was still a personal insult. They were using a serious post of mine as a target of mockery, thus insulting me. And 6 people were doing it; not just one. It seems you're failing to understand the importance of this factor. And, again, they insulted me first.

"you might not like it but it doesn’t break any rules" = It doesn't matter if they insulted you first, nor that many people were attacking you together; I personally don't like what you wrote, and I don't mind their mockery (it's not like they were mocking me anyway), so I'm conveniently choosing only to call what you wrote a 'personal insult' as an excuse to edit it while being able to claim that I'm just moderating according to the forum rules.
Could you come off on that high horse of yours, that ego and arrogance your showing is not painting you in any sympathetic light.
Get over it. Everybody gets slighted in life. Deal with it.
You came with insults, and you didn't expect to receive some in return? Are you just ignorant or something else?

You know that Oden didn't return to Wano after he completed his adventures right?
His adventure weren't finished on the seas buddy ;)

Here is the truth what happened. When Toki fell ill. He was thinking that he should return to wano alongside with her. But it was Toki that push him to continue his journey alongside with the roger pirates otherwise she would divorce him.

When he finally arrived back to wano he refuses to step foot in it until journey was complete. it is true that oden would regret doing this he felt ashamed. When he went to laugh tale, he would find out the truth about his country use to be open to the world. His journey was already ending he had understood what he must do to help his country. When the roger pirates offered their assistant to help oden liberate his country, he refuses their aid. He believes he can manage the situation on his own. He also knew that could not force his way to become shogun. But he knows that his followers could conduct in his ideals for him. He also understood that there was a greater external power that is why boarders were closed. The Biggest failure of oden character he refuses to ask others to help him liberate country for him.
This doesn't change anything. Oden's desire did changed during his journey.

If Yamato joins, she is going to be tagged as a Combatant and in pirate ship there are many Combatants
And be the only strawhat without a strong speciality. Odd.

No need to become toxic. The Carrot fanbase will do just well without your incel toxicity.. Thanks.

I suppose lending a little more weight to the idea of Yamato being sake brewer/bartender would be related to the oni of Japanese myth, Shuten-dōji, whom had a big fondness for sake and would even go on drunken rages. I dunno where Kaido gets his sake from, but going by how he always seems to have sake around him, and the sake brewing device that was near Yamato when Ace visited, then it may be possible Kaido forced Yamato to brew sake for him, and even brewed some of her own on her own time like with Ace.
If im being real here "Sake Brewer" is not a viable position on a ship
And thats coming from a devote Yamato supporter
List of Brewers in One Piece

I don't think it's that ridiculous since we have an archaeologist onboard. We've also had the importance of sake in particular be brought up a lot, both with Bink's Sake and the bonding ritual. If the theory that the One Piece is actually sake that's been brewing (which is why Roger said he was too early) turns out to be true, then it wouldn't be farfetched that Luffy would also need to leave something for the next Pirate King. Or there's the theory that Luffy's real dream is to party with the world/be friends with everyone, and having sake for the bonding ritual would also make sense. It could even be foreshadowing that in the chapter where Yamato is first mentioned with Jinbe's toast that they are out of sake and Yamato's flashback had the reference to the poem about brewing sake.

I'm still in the Yamato as apprentice camp, but I think there's enough there that Oda could call her a brewer, and I wouldn't be surprised.

You guyz need to understand that a spot/post on the crew can't be as simple as saying "she will be this". A post is not just a simple "place" on the crew, it's the result of the accumulation of theme and actions in the character arc and personnality of the strawhats.

You guys surely know the term "milking" as an expression. But do you guyss really understand what it means in term of storytelling ?

In storytelling, "Milking" is before everything else.. a technique. Shortly, by recontextualizing the themes of the story in different aera of the storytelling, an author will help his readers understands more clearly his vision and will create an "echo chamber" of his own themes in his own narrative thus creating a more powerful story.

I created THIS article to talk about this technique on my blog:

Concerning the post and the strawhats, the "Milking" technique applies.

A post is not just a place. It's a continuation of the theme presented by the character arc and the characterization of the character. A post isn't only here to make good crewmate, it's also here to enhance the "power" behind the different characterization and stories of the strawhats. It's the "end point" of the character, the environment in which the character will realize themself.

Thus.. The actions related to the post are linked directly to the characters. The post is basically acting as a enhancer for the theme surrounding the character.

Let's see why with some the strawhats:

ZORO - You could argue that Zoro is just a "combattant", but narratively, Zoro is much more than that: he is the "first mate/Vice Captain". The vice captain is supposed to have enough leadership to take the role as captain if necessary. In theory, they are also here to question and keep the captain straight. The fact that Zoro is the one choosed by Oda and designed for that role is not innocent. Zoro is a man driven by honor. In the crew, he is the beacon of rightness, and everything from his story to his abilities are enhanced to reaffirme that characterization: The theme of the lone Ronin, the Sword, his backstory. Everything in the story is created to test Zoro's integrity. That's why Zoro is fit for the job of Vice-captain and the compass of Luffy.

SANJI - Sanji is the cook. But he is not "just" a cook. His entire characterization is designed to make him a great cook: Sanji is characterized as one of the nicest man there is. This trait of character is what permits him to understand that you must always feed the one who is hungry. Making him amazing for the job. But the post is not only enhanced through Sanji's cahracterization, it was enhance by the entire arc Sanji was in, the designs of the characters. The concept of "being a cook" was designed to be impactfull and the need for it to be urgent. All of that made the post very relevant in term of Narration.

JINBE - Jinbe is the helmsman. At first sight, the milking of the relationship between his characterization and that post is not obvious, but a closer look is helpfull. In reality, the post is also an extension of Jinbe's characterization and narrative. Jinbe is one of the "guide" of the crew (they are 4, Zoro(Honor)/Nami(Direction)/Robin(Cap)/Jinbe(Moral)), he acts as a moral support. In a sence, Jinbe is very similar to Zoro but when Zoro's thematic is focused around Honor and Sacrifice, Jinbe's thematic is more focused around abnegation and moral and responsibilities. He is the one that will keep you in the light and in reality. This is why Jinbe is not only a helmsman litterally but also figuratively. Jinbe is the ones who observe and guide. He is the wise one and the one you can really rely on when everything is burning around you. All of this thematic is extented by the fact that Jinbe is from the abyss, he directely witnessed oppression and is guided by one thing: to help his owns.You can also add to that that the role of the helmsman was primordial during the escape of whole cake.. and you got here the perfect job for Jinbe. Making sence both narratively and in term of characterization.

Carrot is ALSO following that principle:

CARROT: Carrot is a Sentry (LookOut+Sentinel): The thematic surrounding Carrot is all about Wonder in front of the sea. In that sence everything from Carrot's design through Carrot's story arc to her characterization and her post is designed to enhance that specific theme. From the start, Oda designed Carrot as a cheerful character then went his way to make her the voice of the "new innocence" in front of the seas. Carrot is the one who is amazed by things that usually terrifies everyone, she has a vision of the sea completely restricted by her lack of knowledge, making her the best character to discover it. She is the one who will rush into the unknown, she is the one that will laugh at danger, she will always wonder about new things. Basically.. Carrot is the character that is the most fit to see the world in a new way. Carrot's vision of the sea is also the one who is the most challenged. Everything in her story is created to make her struggle and question that wonder.. but just like every strawhat.. Carrot is also build as a hero. She isn't meant to succomb to those struggles. That thematic of "wonder" is not only enhanced by her story, but also and mostly by her design and her specificity: Carrot is mink. So, during the full moon, Carrot transforms, not only as a sulong beast, but a litteral moon goddess. Her design in Sulong is meant to evoque Wonder, magic and the mystical. Carrot is Sulong, becomes the impersonnification of Wonder. Once she transforms, she is not the one who watches, she is the one who is being watched.

And like every strawhats.. her post on the crew is an extension of that theme. The duality of Carrot around the thematic of Wonder is also enhanced by the dynamic of her post. In base form, Carrot is the lookout. Passive in front of the world, she witnesses.. she wonders, she admires with Joy and cheers. But once she becomes a Sulong, Carrot becomes active, cold and playfull, she becomes the warrior, the ones the other watches, the one that creates wonders.

Carrot might not be a strong warrior, or have capacities like Viola to see beyond kilometers.. but she is definitely the character with the best qualification to be up their and be the eyes of the crew.

As you can see.. This can be done for every strawhats and their respective thematics AND with Carrot. Each strawhats's post/roles are extensions of a specific thematic.. for a good reason: Oda designed his crew to be a bunch of missfits repreenting strong values:

Honor / Pride / Kindness / Courage / Intelligence etc.. All of this does not only serv the characters, it serv the entire story of One Piece. The strawhats are representing the core values of the characters and their post are here to enhance those values.

So...

Do you guys are starting to understand why I'm always saying that to have a post on the Sunny is VERY important in term of storytelling and you can't just "throw" a character into a role?

A role must be impactfull. It must be relevant in relationship to the characterization of the character. It must enhance the theme surrounding the character and his story.

So.. does it make sence for Yamato to become a Sake Brewer or even a combattant ? In the narration.. no.

Combattant:

Yamato has never been characterized as a combattant at hearth, she only fought and became strong because of circounstance. Fighting is not one of the main value of Yamato.. In fact.. fighting is not a value at all.. it does tell us anything. Being a "combattant" on the ship would be meaningless both in term of characterization and storytelling. What does it add to the story ? Nothing. It just the defaut state of a strong character in One Piece, it's nothing worth developping.

Log Keeper:

Did you ever see Yamato write or having a strong relationship to writing ? No really huh? Well that's logical, Yamato is a reader, she experiences she doesn't create. Becoming a Log keeper/storyteller COULD mean something if that aspect of Yamato was developped. If she tried - for example - to imitate Oden's log book as a child.. that would have been pretty telling.. no ?

Plus let's not forget that keeping the Log is Nami's job as a navigator. So I would love this to be the way Oda is going for.. but there are not enough evidences in the story to support that hypothesis.

Sake brewer:

Same... let's pass on the fact that being a Sake Brewer would help in NO WAY the strawhat during their journey, what would it tell us in term of storytelling ? That alhcool is important ? That yamato is somehow the bringer of Alcoohol ? Sake plays indeed a part in the story as a link between brotherly characters, but the actual stories of the strawhats, in the actual characterization of Yamato in her actual story ? Nothing... it's purelly and utterly irrelevant.

Yamato's thematic revolves around self discovery, freedom and responsibilities. In a sence, Yamato is an extension of LUFFY's thematic and right now, nothing is enhancing those themaric as a speciality for Yamato.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Yamato to discover a passion for Ropes or Ship maintenance.. but let's be real here.. All the strong roles on the ship are being taken care of. And until further evidence and characterization of Yamato around the theme of writings.. I can't take the Log Keeper hypothesis into account.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Never in this forum and many other forums I know about has there been a "modified by [insert name]". It's always been "edited by a moderator" for decades across dozens of forums. Don't see why this in particular needs to be singled out as an attack against you. Pretty high horse there.

Status
Not open for further replies.