What will Greenbull’s Devil fruit be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the end of raid:
Samurai:"Marco pls heal the people around, they dying, Izo is dying we need your help!!"
Marco: "Shut up fodder, don´t ruin my pose, im looking good right?"

Rewatching zou and I understand how I love that arc, how much i was hyped for Jack.
You can´t believe that the same Oda who draw zou, actually did wano arc.
Like legit, a whole own small arc for a encounter with Jack vs Dukes only to offscreeen it, you can´t imagine that shit.
That is like Kishi hyping the end war of Naruto via Tobi going to Kage summit, build up entire plot around it, only to offscreen 90% of the war... That is what Oda did with the Jack vs Mink plot. Jack was the first Commander who we see in new world as opponent, was build so beastly, everyone want to see him in action. And now look how trash the commanders in wano end.

Hell King didn´t even got CoC, not a single calamity has awakening..
The awful writing and the way how the beast pirates got trashed, I will never forget that what Oda did with them.
Wano is probably one of Oda worst work, wouldn´t be surprise if @dirtyLarry is right with Shueisha forcing Oda to rush it since the arc had not the impact as the fans expect it.
Poor Izo.. As much as the arc needs a real death to increase tension, Izo is actually better left alive...
No proper send off at all (unlike Pedro, Yasuie, Pound, Pell etc; and Ashura has better sent off than him). And Kiku who is the closest with him, already together since childhood, wasn't even seen mourning. Kiku's mourning was offpanelled and yet Oda shows Kiku's bathing. Priority...

G

Gorosei Informer

Don't forget

there's a good chance that Whitebeard's village could also be destroyed by Weevil

since Marco left it without protection to help Luffy
Ah man...I can't remember what island Weevil was on when we last saw him too but I know the Marines had come for him.

Remember how Marco sent a letter that he wasn't coming to Wano but then showed up anyway? Lmfao. Got Izo killed too! Marco the Cursed Phoenix, where he is immortal as long as his friends die to keep him alive instead!

Imagine if Weevil becomes a fanboy after Luffy tells him about Whitebeard at Marineford :whitepress:
Its inevitable imo. Oda loves that type of writing bigtime and Luffy wanking especially too. Weevil seems to be a sort of Gilbert Grape type character, a little "slow" or "dim" and thus easily being manipulated by Bakkins. Its like Majinn Buu and Babidi too.

Luffy will give Weevil the truth from his own first hand experience of WB but I suspect BB might try to manipulate Weevil too if he gets the chance.

IIRC Weevil is targeting both Luffy and BB too.

I'm surprised Oda didn't get Weevil to come to Wano somehow to make up for WB not going to Wano to help Oden and thus giving Luffy help to take down Kaido. But honestly, Yamato and Momo just watching Luffy fight Kaido and not helping either just made me seethe too lmfao.

Muh Luffy show. O Captain, My Captain Luffy.

I

Indigo

I'm gonna do a Wano re-read during the month break from Oda

wanna see if *everything* solves itself and becomes better without the weekly schedule

Poor Izo.. As much as the arc needs a real death to increase tension, Izo is actually better left alive...
No proper send off at all (unlike Pedro, Yasuie, Pound, Pell etc; and Ashura has better sent off than him). And Kiku who is the closest with him, already together since childhood, wasn't even seen mourning. Kiku's mourning was offpanelled and yet Oda shows Kiku's bathing. Priority...
Izo kinda deserved his death for how he abandoned Oden, Kiku and Wano completely to its fate until Marco dragged him along.
Ashura died to a dumb summon from Kanjuro who should have already died from a previous fight, at least Kiku got to kill a CP0 agent, even if he let one through who helped kill Luffy.

Oda's ideas for worldbuilding and creative settings have always been great.

His actual storytelling ability not so much. There are A LOT of better mangakas in that regard.

Problem is that after his latest editor swaps the once solid to sometimes good storytelling (especially pre-skip in the Jaya - Sabaody stretch) took a complete nosedive.

I don't know what those asslickers tell him, but it sure as hell isn't constructive criticism.
I am not trying to defend his editors, but if Oda genuinely believes that what he just wrote is good, that says a lot more about him than it does about his editors.

I

Indigo

To raise the tension, the death needed to happen and be confirmed during the raid though

not after it

imo Oda handled these deaths the worst way possible

the execution was bad: as in most readers didn't think neither was dead

character choice: the characters chosen to die didn't have that much impact on the story and strong feelings from the readers, so their death are not really that impactful

the aftermath: revealing the characters are dead in the same chapter you do a funny and fanservice scene in a bathouse is wild. It's also absurd we get no reaction from Kiku about Izo's death

Status
Not open for further replies.