• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To summarize:
1. Yamato clearly wasn't conceptualized before Wano
2. Yamato has no role
3. Yamato has no dream
4. Yamato has no skills distinct from the rest of the crew
5. Yamato doesn't have a distinct design (As in she looks just like Nami)
6. Yamato's Devil Fruit doesn't follow the naming pattern
7. Yamato spent more time with Momo than with any of her supposed crewmates
8. Yamato doesn't really have any kind of meaningful bond with Luffy
9. Yamato is considered the guardian deity of Wano and Greenbull just called in a battleship

To clarify, the ONLY reason to think Yamato will join is that she said so
I'm gonna be honest, I think she's just a red herring :luuh:
1. Vivi wasn't conceptualized as a SH either
2. Vivi has no role
3. Both Vivi and Yamato wanted to free their countries, on top of that, Yamato wants to get stronger and see the world
4. Neither has Vivi
5. Vivi also suffers from Nami-face curse, especially after post TS when Nami has long hair as well. At least Yamato is tall and has horns
6. Vivi doesn't have a DF that follows the pattern as well, and this argument is anyways shaky since Luffy's fruit isn't Gomu-Gomu, so anything could happen
7. Probably the only valid argument for me, but then again, they needed to give Momo the journal and some guidance before leaving ;) but yeah, here I agree that Vivi bonded with a crew a lot
8. Luffy freed Yamato (removed the cuffs), Yamato held Kaido for Luffy and went on a diet for a week so that Luffy would wake up (and Luffy says thanks both times). A connection via Ace is also there. So I disagree they have absolutely no bonds (and I believe Luffy will start referring to Yamato as Yamato after they officially join, like with Chopper)
9. Said by Kaido, whose opinion is worth nothing now, for all we know it's just a mystical Zoan. Nobody else referred to Yams DF as Wano guardian, if anything, Momo & scabbards are there to protect Wano, and while SH are still on the island they will have drive Green Bull outta Wano.
Vivi is the princess/queen of Alabasta, and she's been referred as such by whole Alabasta nation. Her bond to Alabasta is a lot thicker than Yamato's bond to Wano, where they don't really belong now as everything is settled and Momo is there.

It's ok to want Vivi to join, but the evidence for her joining is lacking, and based on your analysis the only thing that can make Vivi rejoin would be her bond with SH (and I think her bond with Alabasta is a lot stronger).

2. Vivi has no role
3. Both Vivi and Yamato wanted to free their countries, on top of that, Yamato wants to get stronger and see the world
4. Neither has Vivi
5. Vivi also suffers from Nami-face curse, especially after post TS when Nami has long hair as well. At least Yamato is tall and has horns
6. Vivi doesn't have a DF that follows the pattern as well, and this argument is anyways shaky since Luffy's fruit isn't Gomu-Gomu, so anything could happen
7. Probably the only valid argument for me, but then again, they needed to give Momo the journal and some guidance before leaving ;) but yeah, here I agree that Vivi bonded with a crew a lot
8. Luffy freed Yamato (removed the cuffs), Yamato held Kaido for Luffy and went on a diet for a week so that Luffy would wake up (and Luffy says thanks both times). A connection via Ace is also there. So I disagree they have absolutely no bonds (and I believe Luffy will start referring to Yamato as Yamato after they officially join, like with Chopper)
9. Said by Kaido, whose opinion is worth nothing now, for all we know it's just a mystical Zoan. Nobody else referred to Yams DF as Wano guardian, if anything, Momo & scabbards are there to protect Wano, and while SH are still on the island they will have drive Green Bull outta Wano.
Vivi is the princess/queen of Alabasta, and she's been referred as such by whole Alabasta nation. Her bond to Alabasta is a lot thicker than Yamato's bond to Wano, where they don't really belong now as everything is settled and Momo is there.

It's ok to want Vivi to join, but the evidence for her joining is lacking, and based on your analysis the only thing that can make Vivi rejoin would be her bond with SH (and I think her bond with Alabasta is a lot stronger).
You can’t simply use his logics against him. By doing so, you’re being “obnoxious”

:kobeha:

Anyway about the “bond” thing, I don’t see Luffy-Chopper still keeping the X mark on their forearms post-timeskip. If their bond is really that strong, at least Oda should’ve kept the X mark permanently on their forearms; even Nami has tangerine-windmill tattoo on her left shoulder

To summarize:
1. Yamato clearly wasn't conceptualized before Wano
2. Yamato has no role
3. Yamato has no dream
4. Yamato has no skills distinct from the rest of the crew
5. Yamato doesn't have a distinct design (As in she looks just like Nami)
6. Yamato's Devil Fruit doesn't follow the naming pattern
7. Yamato spent more time with Momo than with any of her supposed crewmates
8. Yamato doesn't really have any kind of meaningful bond with Luffy
9. Yamato is considered the guardian deity of Wano and Greenbull just called in a battleship

To clarify, the ONLY reason to think Yamato will join is that she said so
I'm gonna be honest, I think she's just a red herring :luuh:
Even if all those were true....its not stopping oda to not make someone a nakama...he doesn't give a shit about any of that. If he wants he will make charlos a SH.

Fellow Yams supporters, why do you think it's 100% that they join? Are you sure they will be the last one or is there room for more?
Not really 100% until Luffy agrees but Yamato is being written in a direction that she's indeed joining the crew from the start... The torn pages from Oden's journal, for me, solidified her joining... The rest are just icing on the cake... As for being the final nakama, I still have doubts that she is indeed the last... I personally want a unique giant from Elbaf joining but it is very unlikely at this point...

Now that I think of it, I kinda want an arc with SH only, focused on their dynamics, maybe having decent 1-on-1s, not another tons of characters arc. Especially since new people are joining (I'm talking about Jinbe, just in case :D)
I agree... Lots of complaints regarding the SHs being sidelined are mainly caused by lots of freeloaders and allies such since PH arc...

3 main requirements to be a Straw Hat:

1. Terrible childhood
2. Co-protagonist that helps the Straw Hats to defeat the main antagonist
3. Main antagonist defeated by Luffy (or by themselves in Zoro’s case)

Yamato has all 3 of them. Carrot doesn’t. Logic is very simple
:cheers:

so did Conis, Camie, and other supporting characters.
Paulie, Pappug, Law and Kin'emon are the closest supporting characters with the crew... Even closer than Carrot does...

I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is a very early prototype of Robin. He's a botanist and that fits in with Robin's whole flower motif
How sure are you that there aren't any other character erased from that sketch? Jinbe's prototype was erased from that sketch prior to him joining...

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
2. Vivi has no role
4. Neither has Vivi

Noooooo you can't reply to Peenix's bullshit "arguments" with facts and logic, that's unfair :kobeha:

The only way Robin makes more sense than Ussop is if you have an agenda that requires it. Try to dial down the bias a little.
I mean we see 9 other members, and those 9 other members are all protoypes of different Strawhats. All of them (Except Luffy, Nami, and Zoro) went through a lot of obvious changes
Is it really such a stretch to think Botany guy's personality and quirks were passed over to Robin?
Post automatically merged:

2. Vivi has no role
4. Neither has Vivi

I never brought up Vivi. You think everything I'm saying about Yamato suddenly becomes null and void just because I like Vivi?

6: The name "Nika" does follow the number pattern like the other Devil Fruits do, and if we count the Gomu Gomu and the Nika seperately, then it seems as though no new future Strawhats will have Devil Fruits
8: I said they don't have any meaningful bond, which I stand by. Sure, they're buddies in the same way that Luffy's buddies with someone like Carrot. They have a bond, but that bond is relatively shallow. Like, Luffy didn't even mention Yamato when he was fighting Kaido even though she told him that Kaido chained her up and beat her for twenty years. Don't you think that's kinda weird if Yamato's supposed to be the next Strawhat?
9: It's only said by Kaido cause he's the only one who actually knows what Yamato's Devil Fruit is. But anyway I'm 100% sure Ryokugyu isn't gonna get defeated by the Alliance. He's based off an actor that Oda deeply respects so he's not gonna do him dirty like that :goyea:

Even if all those were true....its not stopping oda to not make someone a nakama...he doesn't give a shit about any of that. If he wants he will make charlos a SH.
Yeah I know. If Oda wants to he can make Luffy find Laugh Tale and end the entire series next chapter by skipping ahead in a montage
But based on what we've seen so far I really don't think that's likely. Red Herrings are a common enough plot device

How sure are you that there aren't any other character erased from that sketch? Jinbe's prototype was erased from that sketch prior to him joining...
If there's another Strawhat than yeah there could very easily be someone erased in that sketch. But going off the Road to Laugh Tale pages that just released, it doesn't seem like Yamato was conceptualized until Wano. If there is anyone else in that sketch, it's probably not prototype Yamato

The botanist was fused with Usopp
Yeah kinda, but I'm thinking it's likely that the botanist was divided up between Robin and Usopp. I imagine his role was given to Usopp while his personality was given to Robin

Last edited:
Penis: Yamato ain’t joining. Jinbe is the last one

Almost everybody: well then using your logic Vivi ain’t joining either

Penis: OMG that’s not fair! You can’t bring Vivi into the argument because my points work for Yamato only!

Yet the title of this thread is “Next Strawhat crew members and the Grand Fleet” so logically everybody is free to discuss anybody

Name a more iconic circus. I’ll wait

I mean we see 9 other members, and those 9 other members are all protoypes of different Strawhats. All of them (Except Luffy, Nami, and Zoro) went through a lot of obvious changes
Is it really such a stretch to think Botany guy's personality and quirks were passed over to Robin?

I never brought up Vivi. You think everything I'm saying about Yamato suddenly becomes null and void just because I like Vivi?

6: The name "Nika" does follow the number pattern like the other Devil Fruits do, and if we count the Gomu Gomu and the Nika seperately, then it seems as though no new future Strawhats will have Devil Fruits
8: I said they don't have any meaningful bond, which I stand by. Sure, they're buddies in the same way that Luffy's buddies with someone like Carrot. They have a bond, but that bond is relatively shallow. Like, Luffy didn't even mention Yamato when he was fighting Kaido even though she told him that Kaido chained her up and beat her for twenty years. Don't you think that's kinda weird if Yamato's supposed to be the next Strawhat?
9: It's only said by Kaido cause he's the only one who actually knows what Yamato's Devil Fruit is. But anyway I'm 100% sure Ryokugyu isn't gonna get defeated by the Alliance. He's based off an actor that Oda deeply respects so he's not gonna do him dirty like that :goyea:

Yeah I know. If Oda wants to he can make Luffy find Laugh Tale and end the entire series next chapter by skipping ahead in a montage
But based on what we've seen so far I really don't think that's likely. Red Herrings are a common enough plot device

If there's another Strawhat than yeah there could very easily be someone erased in that sketch. But going off the Road to Laugh Tale pages that just released, it doesn't seem like Yamato was conceptualized until Wano. If there is anyone else in that sketch, it's probably not prototype Yamato

Yeah kinda, but I'm thinking it's likely that the botanist was divided up between Robin and Usopp. I imagine his role was given to Usopp while his personality was given to Robin
Like I said, it's possible, but nothing is pointing to it. It's baseless speculation. Hence my post saying random speculation is being used as an argument now.

Here, let me use your logic.

Yamato was planned from the beiginning because her prototype was just erased from the picture like Jinbei's was before he joined. Is that really such a stretch?

Now your argument is invalid because I can think of a possible way it's wrong. See how this works?

Like I said, it's possible, but nothing is pointing to it. It's baseless speculation. Hence my post saying random speculation is being used as an argument now.

Here, let me use your logic.

Yamato was planned from the beiginning because her prototype was just erased from the picture like Jinbei's was before he joined. Is that really such a stretch?

Now your argument is invalid because I can think of a possible way it's wrong. See how this works?
The problem is that we see Yamato's prototype in the newest Road to Laughtale volume and it's not in Oda's early artstyle

Fellow Yams supporters, why do you think it's 100% that they join?
While it's not 100%, it's trolling at this point to believe there's any decent chance she won't. You can see that with the desperation and bad arguments from the remaining copers like Penis. As for Yamato's arguments, it's pretty simple:

- Multiple statements about joining the crew. The only characters who even consider joining Luffy are SHs, including Vivi by name.

- The Chapter 999 + 1000 connection of "The Sake I Brewed to Drink With You, Straw Hat Luffy" is very clearly being saved for Jinbe's toast now that they both missed the big party one. She's also first namedropped in the same chapter that his toast was delayed.

- It's now set in stone that Luffy will properly answer her invitation and she won't change her mind in the meantime. With how close she's got with the crew that knows she wants to join and Luffy over the last few chapters, there's no chance that he'll just say no. That's why you see the desperate arguments today like "Modern art style" and Greenbull changing her mind.

- She's the only character pushed officially as a SH (or at least to this degree). The editorial put her "I'm going out to sea with Luffy" panel on an official volume poster. Multiple articles on the OP website discuss her candidacy. The official youtube channel has multiple videos talking about her joining. The OPTS game knows future story details and classified her where the SHs are. The list goes on. It's to the point that people here unironically argue that the staff is fueling the red herring on purpose.

While it's not 100%, it's trolling at this point to believe there's any decent chance she won't. You can see that with the desperation and bad arguments from the remaining copers like Penis. As for Yamato's arguments, it's pretty simple:

- Multiple statements about joining the crew. The only characters who even consider joining Luffy are SHs, including Vivi by name.

- The Chapter 999 + 1000 connection of "The Sake I Brewed to Drink With You, Straw Hat Luffy" is very clearly being saved for Jinbe's toast now that they both missed the big party one. She's also first namedropped in the same chapter that his toast was delayed.

- It's now set in stone that Luffy will properly answer her invitation and she won't change her mind in the meantime. With how close she's got with the crew that knows she wants to join and Luffy over the last few chapters, there's no chance that he'll just say no. That's why you see the desperate arguments today like "Modern art style" and Greenbull changing her mind.

- She's the only character pushed officially as a SH (or at least to this degree). The editorial put her "I'm going out to sea with Luffy" panel on an official volume poster. Multiple articles on the OP website discuss her candidacy. The official youtube channel has multiple videos talking about her joining. The OPTS game knows future story details and classified her where the SHs are. The list goes on. It's to the point that people here unironically argue that the staff is fueling the red herring on purpose.

1. Luffy also said in Zou that he would accept Pudding on the crew, and in Dressrosa he even called Law his crewmate. Not sure what you’re getting at here
2. That’s a stretch. 999 and 100 had unrelated titles (And I know this for a fact before you try to dispute this. 999’s title was referencing a poem about someone’s DECEASED friend, in this case referring to Ace).
3. Explain to me how it’s “set in stone” when it hasn’t happened yet. This is the same shit ZKK believers were saying a few months back. It doesn’t erase everything I said about her
4. Law

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
He changed his style with Robin, Franky, and Jembei. Robin joined of her own accord playing a minor role and was fleshed out later. He actively hid Franky joining by making sure most of the water seven cast seemed viable. Jimbei was held off for a very long time.

I know when Naito joined. He did not initiate Carrot traveling with the crew nor did he have carrot ease dropping to come along. She may have taken a back seat in Wano but she still saved Marco. Pedro was still Luffy's main motivation. The dawn is important to carrot and that has not happened yet. It appears Carrot may still have more to her story. One thing about Carrot is that she is still supporting Luffy in major yet subtle ways.
Oda never changed his style for Robin, Franky and Jinbe.

All 3 still had an arc about them, all 3 were involved with the main conflict, all 3 of them had their backstory in their recruitment arcs, all 3 of them were foreshadowed etc.

You're using nothing but speculation without evidence. You're saying Carrot might get something later which has the been the primary argument for Carrot guys spanning years. If you have to speculate that she'll get something later, you're practically admitting she has nothing going for her now.

Oda planned on Carrot going to WCI solely cause of the Alice in Wonderland theme. All of the other stuff Carrot has done was because of Naito pushing Oda to give her some spotlight. When Naito left, Carrot vanished from the main plot line. How saving Marco is a big deal when others did the same I do no know. Carrot with Wanda saved Marco, and she proceed to get off screened and do nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.