Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda never changed his style for Robin, Franky and Jinbe.

All 3 still had an arc about them, all 3 were involved with the main conflict, all 3 of them had their backstory in their recruitment arcs, all 3 of them were foreshadowed etc.

You're using nothing but speculation without evidence. You're saying Carrot might get something later which has the been the primary argument for Carrot guys spanning years. If you have to speculate that she'll get something later, you're practically admitting she has nothing going for her now.

Oda planned on Carrot going to WCI solely cause of the Alice in Wonderland theme. All of the other stuff Carrot has done was because of Naito pushing Oda to give her some spotlight. When Naito left, Carrot vanished from the main plot line. How saving Marco is a big deal when others did the same I do no know. Carrot with Wanda saved Marco, and she proceed to get off screened and do nothing else.
Robin had water seven about her later. The arc she debuted in was alabasta/arabasta which she was involved in but Carrot was also directly involved in Whole Cake Island too. I am speculating with evidences and you are doing the same with lines like these. Don't hold me to points that apply to you too.
"Oda planned on Carrot going to WCI solely cause of the Alice in Wonderland theme"
"all of the other stuff Carrot has done was because of Naito pushing Oda to give her some spotlight."

This statement is strange. Speculation is a prediction based on what has happened and it is always going to be that way. What is happening now is that Carrot is at the festival and someone is going attack at this festival. Because she is there that is what she is doing. Zoro, Luffy, Minks are doing the same thing. What do you want?
"If you have to speculate that she'll get something later, you're practically admitting she has nothing going for her now."

Carrot supported the war through thievery and deception and fought in the raid. Saving Marco was a big deal. It was a butterfly effect and if you don't want to appreciate it, I won't judge.
Post automatically merged:

Can you like ban that fucker. I don't want to see lite candles and cultist ass cracks again.

Robin had water seven about her later. The arc she debuted in was alabasta/arabasta which she was involved in but Carrot was also directly involved in Whole Cake Island too. I am speculating with evidences and you are doing the same with lines like these. Don't hold me to points that apply to you too.
"Oda planned on Carrot going to WCI solely cause of the Alice in Wonderland theme"
"all of the other stuff Carrot has done was because of Naito pushing Oda to give her some spotlight."

This statement is strange. Speculation is a prediction based on what has happened and it is always going to be that way. What is happening now is that Carrot is at the festival and someone is going attack at this festival. Because she is there that is what she is doing. Zoro, Luffy, Minks are doing the same thing. What do you want?
"If you have to speculate that she'll get something later, you're practically admitting she has nothing going for her now."

Carrot supported the war through thievery and deception and fought in the raid. Saving Marco was a big deal. It was a butterfly effect and if you don't want to appreciate it, I won't judge.
The huge difference is Robin has always been a Straw Hat ever since post Alabasta. Carrot, on the other hand, has never been a Straw Hat post WCI. Luffy doesn’t even give a shit about her during Wano. Compare Carrot to Nami (whom Luffy picked up at Cocoyashi and defeat Arlong) and Robin (whom Luffy also picked up at Enies Lobby and defeat Lucci).

Why do those happen? Because Luffy had already considered them as Straw Hat ever since they stepped on the ship.

and again:
1. Carrot doesn’t have terrible past. Even if you say: “she’ll get it later”, then give evidence how this is an exact speculation that she’ll get it later.
2. Carrot doesn’t act as co-protagonist in the arc she was supposed to join; in this case: Wano. If Carrot were about to join, it should be during Whole Cake; not Wano. Even if we want to use Jinbe’s case, well Luffy never invited Carrot nor Carrot invited herself into the crew
3. Carrot supposedly has main antagonist of the respective arc whom Luffy defeats. Carrot’s main antagonists are Jack & Perospero, the ones she had emotional attachment with. First of all they are not main antagonists of the respective arc. They are tertiary antagonists at best. Second of all, Jack & Perospero were defeated by non Straw Hat

Those 3 are main requirements and Carrot doesn’t even fulfill one of them.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Robin had water seven about her later. The arc she debuted in was alabasta/arabasta which she was involved in but Carrot was also directly involved in Whole Cake Island too.
You tried to single out Robin, Franky and Jinbe as Oda changing his writing style when he did no such thing. As stated before, all 3 were main characters, got backstories, was apart of the main conflict etc. Nami, Robin, Usopp and Sanji had 2 arcs and tried leaving the crew once. Brooke is the only who accepted an invite from the get go. Zoro, Sanji and Nami are the only 3 who initially refused. Etc. Etc. None of the SHs recruitment was exactly the same, but the writing followed the exact same formula.

A formula that Carrot doesn't have as she wasn't directly tied to the plot of WCI, the arc didn't revolve around her, she has no backstory, was completely separated from the main Wano battles which never happened to a SH recruit etc.

I am speculating with evidences and you are doing the same with lines like these. Don't hold me to points that apply to you too.

None of what I said is speculation. It is a fact that all SHs had an arc revolving around them, a backstory etc.. And Naito himself spoke about how much he loved Carrot and asked Oda to give her some spotlight. Once again, former editor Naito admitted it himself. As soon as he left, Carrot faded into the background which factually happened.

Many characters supported the war and caused butterly effects so why is Carrot special? That can apply to the whole series. Carrot at the start ran off to fight Perospero only to get off screened and do nothing else. She played an objectively minor role in the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.