Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The editors wanted to give a whole volume to her so why not show the earliest possible designs?
Jesus Christ how can you be so dense.

They can't show the earliest possible designs if, for example, the sketches of the whole crew need to be updated to show Proto-Yamato, just like it happened with Jinbe.

Why? Because they would be confirming something before Oda does in the manga.

6 days without checking this thread and I still return to some Penis deluxe delusion.

Feels nice to be here. :finally:

After that concept art I feel Yamato's chances of joining dropped significantly. The many different concepts, one of which is seemingly incompatible with the Ace connection (not sure about that Kozuki hating Yamato concept's timeline, might have misinterpreted), doesn't make it seem like Yamato's long-term story role or existence was planned much until Wano.

The biggest problem imo is the 3 eyed tribe concept. I really doubt a character who was considered to be made one was ever a serious potential Straw Hat when Robin exists.

Because the earliest designs show her with the crew? You're missing the point. I'm saying it's all just speculation and not a solid argument.
Jesus Christ how can you be so dense.

They can't show the earliest possible designs if, for example, the sketches of the whole crew need to be updated to show Proto-Yamato, just like it happened with Jinbe.

Why? Because they would be confirming something before Oda does in the manga.

6 days without checking this thread and I still return to some Penis deluxe delusion.

Feels nice to be here. :finally:
The earliest designs wouldn't show her with the crew though? Unless you think that one group shot is all the concept art the crew had

AL sama

Red Haired
Oda never changed his style for Robin, Franky and Jinbe.

All 3 still had an arc about them, all 3 were involved with the main conflict, all 3 of them had their backstory in their recruitment arcs, all 3 of them were foreshadowed etc.

You're using nothing but speculation without evidence. You're saying Carrot might get something later which has the been the primary argument for Carrot guys spanning years. If you have to speculate that she'll get something later, you're practically admitting she has nothing going for her now.

Oda planned on Carrot going to WCI solely cause of the Alice in Wonderland theme. All of the other stuff Carrot has done was because of Naito pushing Oda to give her some spotlight. When Naito left, Carrot vanished from the main plot line. How saving Marco is a big deal when others did the same I do no know. Carrot with Wanda saved Marco, and she proceed to get off screened and do nothing else.
but but but oda doesn't know what he is doing

After that concept art I feel Yamato's chances of joining dropped significantly. The many different concepts, one of which is seemingly incompatible with the Ace connection (not sure about that Kozuki hating Yamato concept's timeline, might have misinterpreted), doesn't make it seem like Yamato's long-term story role or existence was planned much until Wano.

The biggest problem imo is the 3 eyed tribe concept. I really doubt a character who was considered to be made one was ever a serious potential Straw Hat when Robin exists.
Can you elaborate since when exactly do concept arts are requirements for someone joining or not?

I honestly don’t understand how anybody can use concept arts as arguments for a manga where the author has clearly said that he intended the manga to end in around five years and he himself didn’t think that One Piece would go this far; the same author who said that he intended Kid to be the leader of the Supernovas and changed it to be Law as he was surprised by how popular Law is; the same author who invented Supernovas at the last minute.

In “21st Log: 2 Years Later” Oda even admitted that he didn’t come up with Chopper’s design until Drum Island. Can you please elaborate why this is a problem for Yamato and only Yamato?
:kaidowhat:

Dumb shit here, there only one real concept thats different most of the others is Yamato changing fighting styles from kung fuu/Martial Artist and swords to using the Kanabo like an Oni.

Nothing there contradicts Ace.

All strawhats have had different concepts.

Nami was originally an axe weilding Cyborg woman, then a Spear welder that had nothing to do with Navigation before we go to the version we know.

Sanji was originally a gun slinging Cowboy who wasn't a cook, before Oda took the character into a different direction.

Usopp was supposed to be the Vice Captain

Zoro was originally supposed to be Buggys right hand man and a brother to the Pirate Clown before joining.

Chopper was not the lovable mascot character but a chain smoking swordsmen

Robin was a man who loved plants not history.

Ever character has changes, every story, character theme starts out as a concept and is worked on and such.

Shit Kumas a way different character then how he originally was, hell his original design is pretty much proto Shiki

Ever go see what the early concepts for Naruto were they were awful.

Go look a Zabuza and his pet Bear companion Haku, Sasuke and Sakura for better or for worse were never originally intended to be there which changes alot of Naruto without them, Animal People as hokage and teachers.

Did you know Resident Evil 2 Remake was originally concept and developed for a while to keep the fix camera perspective of the Original and keep it in line with Resident Evil 1 Remake

Last edited:

AL sama

Red Haired
Can you elaborate since when exactly do concept arts are requirements for someone joining or not?

I honestly don’t understand how anybody can use concept arts as arguments for a manga where the author has clearly said that he intended the manga to end in around five years and he himself didn’t think that One Piece would go this far; the same author who said that he intended Kid to be the leader of the Supernovas and changed it to be Law as he was surprised by how popular Law is; the same author who invented Supernovas at the last minute.

In “21st Log: 2 Years Later” Oda even admitted that he didn’t come up with Chopper’s design until Drum Island. Can you please elaborate why this is a problem for Yamato and only Yamato?
:kaidowhat:
they know every ins and outs of the story better then oda :steef::steef:

Status
Not open for further replies.