The Boys

G

Gorosei Informer

This finale felt like Wano/Oda had written it honestly. I was genuinely fuming after it, after enjoying Season 3 so much.

Fakeout deaths, so many unresolved plots, hardcore baiting and just a completely oversaturated mess. It was chaos for the wrong reasons.

So many important things were forgotten/dropped or just given such a ridiculous treatment.

I'm not even keen on watching the future seasons anymore now.

Post automatically merged:

Can someone explain how Soldier Boy is super racist…
Like the whole MM story seemed like recklessness
Yet he acts like he shot MLKjr or something
We already had the major racism storyline with Blue Hawk and Stormfront before too so I'm not sure why the fanbase needs to fixate on making SB racist too. He never said anything explicitly/deliberately racist IIRC but because he had such bad blood and history with Noir and MM, I guess they want to assume he's doing it out deliberate racist malice/malcontent or w/e?

I find racism a very personal issue for me growing up and I didn't feel he was racist, he was just brutally indifferent, uncaring, lacking empathy like an actual Soldier, I'm not sure what these people expected him to be like otherwise?

I think it was implied that he threw the car out of recklessness, probably too much chaos/brutal fighting going on or and its just your typical 80s high octane/action blockbuster shit going on like the big action films and thus chaos/carnage/destruction everywhere? Especially with actual real superheroes in this case?

He did hook up with a literal Nazi though, but it wasn't said if he knew about her "Stormfront side" or her "true self" but it was shown that she was beating up and murdering black people even as "Liberty" and Soldier Boy was hooking up with her when she was "Liberty" too.

I thought they were gonna reveal Stormfront as Homelanders mother and maybe thats why she suddenly died earlier in the season, which was suicide too I believed? It would be the perfect timing too if she is his mother, knowing she just banged her actual son too and the shock of that driving her off the edge. But why kill her off before Soldier Boy comes into the fray and can interact with her too? Such a waste of potential storyline there as usual.

Also what happened to Soldier Boys PTSD with the Russian experimentation on him especially?

If Noir is actually dead and yet Soldier Boy and Maeve survived when they really shouldn't have imo is just complete BS. Soldier Boy conviently put back on ice just so he can return in future which I would appreciate as Jensen was amazing as him but they wasted the storyline of him being Homelander's father so far too.

Victoria's daughter, Cindy and Stan Edgar have all suddenly been forgotten about and disappeared too, sigh.

A-Train almost had the perfect sendoff too but they brought him back to give him a fate worse than death, now he's really suffering in more ways than one.

I know the comics are extremely bleak/edgy and such and i thought the series was gonna avoid going too much in that direction but after this finale, I just feel such despair to apathy. I finished watching the finale and was like "that's it? its over already? the entire season? Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Fuck man, I don't want to be so entitled over this show but this finale was really underwhelming after previous episodes set such a high standard and I see similar issues to OP and especially Wano, overambition, too many cooks/plots, lack of focus and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think homelander wasnt going all out idk why maybe he had soft spot for meave
He has so I could understand him not going all out and not finishing her
But his durability should stay the same if he was all out or not. And he took dozen of pu ch from soldier boy and butcher and had only some bruise while Meave drew blood.

Narratively it doesn’t really make sense for her to be that strong or to be like 60/70% as strong as him.

He has so I could understand him not going all out and not finishing her
But his durability should stay the same if he was all out or not. And he took dozen of pu ch from soldier boy and butcher and had only some bruise while Meave drew blood.

Narratively it doesn’t really make sense for her to be that strong or to be like 60/70% as strong as him.
Yeah she said she can barely last 5 seconds against homelander last season lol but again we can make excuse about him having soft spot for meave and not going all out but her making him bleed makes no sense, MAYBE meave got more confident after she saw homelander can actually be hurt

Can someone explain how Soldier Boy is super racist…
Like the whole MM story seemed like recklessness
Yet he acts like he shot MLKjr or something
It literally came out of nowhere. I was honestly super confused when they called him racist lol
how can he be racist when he called bill cosby america’s dad it doesn’t make sense
Is it true that the season 3 finale sucked?
a lot