Spoiler One Piece Chapter 976 Spoilers Discussion

Best Princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem of Oda is seen again here in the current chapters.
It take three chapter yet the beast pirates fodders with three ships are still their, which mean they get probably take out next chapter. Over four chapter alone for these fodders, while Kaido vs Oden last only what, 2-3 panels of battle?

Why Oda spend so much time for something which isn´t needed but skipt the most important stuffs for the fans? The same happen with Udon where Luffy and co take over Udon which take over 2-4chapters again. This is kinda disappointed in anyway, the manga would be far better if he would spend more panels/chapters for something which is important.

I think that is Oda biggest problem after the TS, probably it is really because the current editors can´t tell him much how he should work, but I feel like in the past he manage these things far better. I don´t even want to speak about Big mom and her poor fandom, never see someone suffer such a bad writing as Big mom with her wedding cake fail and bad threatment for the Big mom fans(me include too) who really like to get a great Big mom buildup.

Working day for day with a time pressure and without much sleep time is really hard,counting the fact that Oda doing that now for over 20years is even harder and brutally, I already see mangaka suffer with a less time because of overworking(Kubo,Mashima,Kishi and Togashi), yet Oda is still working day for day with I respect a lot. He isn´t the same Oda as he begin One piece with lot of power, 20years of hard work in such way is very hard, because that I respect him a lot and understand some weak points in the current storytelling of characters(in my opionion Oda put a great work to Oden and to understand this I would prefer you guys to read this amazing post of @Akai2 : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-a-character-analysis-final-arc-buildup.3720/ ).

Because of all these things, the editors are really important, I don´t even understand why Oda switch them everytime after 2-3years. It kinda ruin the dynamic work between two humans who spend time and working together for years. The current Editors seem even worse then the previous ones, at least that it what I feel. I think the editor from Marineford or Enies lobby, the narative of Oda storywriting in wano would be kinda better, editors who are able to help Oda a lot in such situations, rather then "newbies" who don´t really have their own opinion.

I mean he have two editors, one who helping him and the other who working on the media platform, don´t these guys reading opinion of user who hating many points of this arc? They should be able to at least help Oda in such a huge arc who has a major role for the overworld of One piece world.

You confuse "themes" with great execution.
OP is a very good manga, no doubt about it. Worldbuilding is great and the themes of the story are usually really good.
Unfortunately "themes" are only one part of the writing though. Execution is a major part, too, and Oda simply doesn't have his strengths there.
While he's still good compared to most mangakas, he's not quite on the level of those three mentioned above.
With execution what do you mean exactly because I think Togashi is very bad at execution of anything

It take three chapter yet the beast pirates fodders with three ships are still their, which mean they get probably take out next chapter. Over four chapter alone for these fodders, while Kaido vs Oden last only what, 2-3 panels of battle?

Why Oda spend so much time for something which isn´t needed but skipt the most important stuffs for the fans? The same happen with Udon where Luffy and co take over Udon which take over 2-4chapters again. This is kinda disappointed in anyway, the manga would be far better if he would spend more panels/chapters for something which is important.

I think that is Oda biggest problem after the TS, probably it is really because the current editors can´t tell him much how he should work, but I feel like in the past he manage these things far better. I don´t even want to speak about Big mom and her poor fandom, never see someone suffer such a bad writing as Big mom with her wedding cake fail and bad threatment for the Big mom fans(me include too) who really like to get a great Big mom buildup.

Working day for day with a time pressure and without much sleep time is really hard,counting the fact that Oda doing that now for over 20years is even harder and brutally, I already see mangaka suffer with a less time because of overworking(Kubo,Mashima,Kishi and Togashi), yet Oda is still working day for day with I respect a lot. He isn´t the same Oda as he begin One piece with lot of power, 20years of hard work in such way is very hard, because that I respect him a lot and understand some weak points in the current storytelling of characters(in my opionion Oda put a great work to Oden and to understand this I would prefer you guys to read this amazing post of @Akai2 : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/kozuki-oden-–-the-man-who-stopped-the-flow-of-time-a-character-analysis-final-arc-buildup.3720/ ).

Because of all these things, the editors are really important, I don´t even understand why Oda switch them everytime after 2-3years. It kinda ruin the dynamic work between two humans who spend time and working together for years. The current Editors seem even worse then the previous ones, at least that it what I feel. I think the editor from Marineford or Enies lobby, the narative of Oda storywriting in wano would be kinda better, editors who are able to help Oda a lot in such situations, rather then "newbies" who don´t really have their own opinion.

I mean he have two editors, one who helping him and the other who working on the media platform, don´t these guys reading opinion of user who hating many points of this arc? They should be able to at least help Oda in such a huge arc who has a major role for the overworld of One piece world.
oda moving at the sublime pace of 5 yrs
:datas:

Working day for day with a time pressure and without much sleep time is really hard,counting the fact that Oda doing that now for over 20years is even harder and brutally, I already see mangaka suffer with a less time because of overworking(Kubo,Mashima,Kishi and Togashi), yet Oda is still working day for day with I respect a lot. He isn´t the same Oda as he begin One piece with lot of power, 20years of hard work in such way is very hard, because that I respect him a lot and understand some weak points in the current storytelling of characters(in my opionion Oda put a great work to Oden and to understand this I would prefer you guys to read this amazing post of @Akai2 : https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/kozuki-oden-–-the-man-who-stopped-the-flow-of-time-a-character-analysis-final-arc-buildup.3720/ ).

Yeah, I personally think Oda has general pacing issues. These last 3 chapters could have been condensed to 1 easily in my opinion. I feel like his editors know this, but with Oda being Jump's cash cow they just let him do whatever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.