If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I can't believe a page like this can release and people still think Shanks is Luffy's ally and not the very least an antagonist:

This is like the 6th or 7th time Oda has given Shanks a very dark/menacing presence that counters a lot of the other side you see of him, even in this chapter with his crew.

Think about how the author deliberately draws this dudes eyes and face. How he half shades one half of his face to really establish his intent about One Piece in a dark way. How Benn Beckman says absolutely nothing the entire time, relative to how the rest of the crew is acting.

These things are intentional. The intent by the author is there. You don't have this person act this way, talk to Gorosei, respected by Sengoku, end wars, clash with Yonko and Admirals, etc, and expect him to just be this cool guy that supports Luffy and hands the keys over.

You also shouldn't expect this person to be offscreened or defeated by another antagonist when he himself is being portrayed as one with his own hidden motives, whether or not hes using Luffy and/or the WG to do so.

But I guess this cycle will continue until the manga full on shows some of you readers instead of just strongly implying it.....
Oh so you got it all confirmed huh just like you did when you sayed "fodder can't talk to the gorsei only special people can" lol at least wait till shanks do evil shit

Why can't someone who has haki can't touch GB body lol
Did I say he doesn't have haki? Show me one panel of Lidd coating his attacks in haki, I'll show you dozens of panels of his scrap metal being destroyed by literally everything, imagine a swordsman lose his swords trying to block a flying slash. Apoo vaporized his arm in the anime, it's that bad. :kayneshrug:

Headcanon theories aren't helping your point mate.

So context doesnt matter to you, got it.
Pot calling the kettle black. You think he's not and you use headcanon act like the opposite is true, especially when this very chapter shows Shanks NOT being an ally to Luffy lmao. Like do you even read the dialogue and story?

No, powerscaling nonsense doesn't matter in a shonen where Blackbeard and Shanks have outlasted Kaido and are more relevant to the endgame than he ever was.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
@ConquistadoR thoughts on Sabo vs Zoro/Kidd/Law?
I'm not really seeing all that in Sabo honestly.
Sure, Flame Emperor is all nice & dandy, but it seems like Fifth Emperor v.2.0 lol.
All empty hype with no real substance.
Personally, I wont engage much in Sabo vs threads in the BTD until we see him fight more on panel. He's deffo above high tiers though.
P.S. Zoro has a inbuilt matchup advantage against the Mera Mera no Mi so I do see him winning. How other matchups go, remains to be seen.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Yeah, I doubt "significantly weaker" Luffy would struggle against Sasaki's fodder.
Luffy was out from Apoo's one explosion.
You can only dream about tanking the cannon fire of Sasaki's fodder.
And yes, significantly weaker since he only surpassed her when he pulled G5. 4 power-ups later. :cheers:

Nope. I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before and I'm tired of people painting a very black and white picture of me with this character. I never said he was a super villain. Read my sig post before insinuating this is my point with this character.

The point is, he ain't Luffy's ally, and it's best time you learn this.

And I could care less about who was there or not. He stopped Kaido lol, it happened. He was credited for stopping him in the narrative, nobody else.
Oy,

Shanks fans are so mysterious and concise.

I'm not really seeing all that in Sabo honestly.
Sure, Flame Emperor is all nice & dandy, but it seems like Fifth Emperor v.2.0 lol.
All empty hype with no real substance.
Personally, I wont engage much in Sabo vs threads in the BTD until we see him fight more on panel. He's deffo above high tiers though.
P.S. Zoro has a inbuilt matchup advantage against the Mera Mera no Mi so I do see him winning. How other matchups go, remains to be seen.
:suresure:

That's why I'm curious to see how GB will fare considering she accompanied by high tier like Denjiro, Kawamatsu and the dukes. Scabbards aren't in their prime like they were against Kaido due to absence of sulong and some characters, but Yamato presence more than make up. Aramaki doesn't even need to win (i want him tho), even a stalemate would kill the admiral = commander for good (almost died but some are still denial) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.