Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pehaps he could become the Shogun after the final voyage of the Strawhats, and until he grow up, Hiyori and the Scabbards could take care of rebuild Wano Country.

Seems that wano people will be a key allies for the Strawhats in the "final war", so Momo being in the crew could close even more the ties of the Strawhats with Wano.

And Momo could learn the language of the poneglyphs with Robin, what would be very meaningfull as he is the heir of the original creators of the stones.

Pehaps he could become the Shogun after the final voyage of the Strawhats, and until he grow up, Hiyori and the Scabbards could take care of rebuild Wano Country.

Seems that wano people will be a key allies for the Strawhats in the "final war", so Momo being in the crew could close even more the ties of the Strawhats with Wano.

And Momo could learn the language of the poneglyphs with Robin, what would be very meaningfull as he is the heir of the original creators of the stones.
I feel Momo is the type of person who wishes to follow after his father footsteps
And by that, I feel he would be someone who really wants to be "worthy" of shogun position before ruling...
so he himself I feel would want to accomplish some stuff that can be considered as "dream" of his:

1- Because his father didn't have chance to teach him poneglyph writing... I feel that he would be someone who wants to learn the language from Robin to continue the legacy of Kozoki, so his dream might be him learning the language during his voyage from Robin, and graduates as a scholar, which will be a beautiful tie to Nico Olivia's last words to Robin by asking her to transport the knowledge into new generation...

2- Naturally when he travels, he will know the true secrets of the world like his father by reaching laugh tale...

3- Accompanying Zoro and Luffy will for sure make him get stronger and more worthy for shogun position by end of journey

Also, one last note, Oda can play around and give some real threat to Robin or Momo's life from enemies

Meaning... Robin now is protected by plot that she's only person who can read the poneglyph... I'm not asking for her to die... I'm just saying that Oda can play with our emotions and tease it about the possibility of her being in danger od death...

So... it's just for drama intensity... makes shit more dramatic and fun

At same time, I don't want Momo to join as a kid, so if an ability will make him grow as adult... sure, but if not, then no he better stay away... I want worthy people in the ship... not useless characters

I strongly believe in the thirteen strawhat theory. The vivre databook has reserved numbers for strawhats members all the way up to thirteen with Vivi being number 13.
Carrot
Kiku or Caribou
Vivi
Merry and Sunny were 11 and 12 on the Vivre Cards. Jinbe was 10, and Vivi was 13. We dont know yet, but this right there may dismantle any future crew member theory and really allow Vivi to return. Oda apparently supervised the cards, so its possible he told them that aside from Vivi, thats it.

The problem with all these random characters like Caribou, Kiku or Carrot is how they fit with the SHP theme. So far every SHP shares 3 common things:
-dream
-tragic past
-role on the ship

With all the candidates you can find one, or with some maybe 2 of these traits, but its hard to get someone with all 3. Especially if we assume Oda wont introduce new members but have characters we already saw so far join. Which is why i think characters who arent fully explored yet have better chances. Pudding, Monet (if shes alive), Pekoms, Perona, Hancock, Bon chan etc. Lets see who and if anyone of these Oda brings back into the story

The problem with all these random characters like Caribou, Kiku or Carrot is how they fit with the SHP theme. So far every SHP shares 3 common things:
-dream
-tragic past
-role on the ship

With all the candidates you can find one, or with some maybe 2 of these traits, but its hard to get someone with all 3. Especially if we assume Oda wont introduce new members but have characters we already saw so far join. Which is why i think characters who arent fully explored yet have better chances. Pudding, Monet (if shes alive), Pekoms, Perona, Hancock, Bon chan etc. Lets see who and if anyone of these Oda brings back into the story
I just think a lot of people arent truly being fair to Carrot. Just look at it from an outside perspective:

- Dream: Inherited Will from Pedro. Her "dream" may be to follow Pedro's dream, which was to board Roger's ship and go to Laugh Tale. Poneglyphs only became Pedro's secondary goal afrer Roger died.

- Tragic Past: Her tragedy happened in the present. There could be some additional unexplained relationship between her and Pedro that makes it sadder too. We just dont know. If she fights Perospero, I can truly see this being the moment where it gets defined.

- Position: Lookout. Shes been shown more times on the mast than any other character in the span of 80 chapters, even more than any strawhat in the entire series! There are more than 10 instances where Oda drew her on the mast doing what she did at Zou, which was to lookout for enemies and protect the kingdom with her high jumping ability. She ALSO doesnt sleep really. If you recall, her and Wanda are part of a special group that served both Inu and Neko. A perfect quality for the lookout position.

Im not saying Carrot is a guarantee, but Carrot is the CLOSEST we've had to a legitimate crew member in the NW save for Jinbe, who STILL has mysteries about his past unexplained (his scar for example; it appears early on while he was a guard for Neptune, but BEFORE he formed the Sun Pirates with Fisher Tiger)

What Carrot really needs is emphasis on this during the War. She needs to stand out among other minks especially.

Last edited:
I just think a lot of people arent truly being fair to Carrot. Just look at it from an outside perspective:

- Dream: Inherited Will from Pedro. Her "dream" may be to follow Pedro's dream, which was to board Roger's ship and go to Laugh Tale. Poneglyphs only became Pedro's secondary goal afrer Roger died.

- Tragic Past: Her tragedy happened in the present. There could be some additional unexplained relationship between her and Pedro that makes it sadder too. We just dont know. If she fights Perospero, I can truly see this being the moment where it gets defined.

- Position: Lookout. Shes been shown more times on the mast than any other character in the span of 80 chapters, even more than any strawhat in the entire series! There are more than 10 instances where Oda drew her on the mast doing what she did at Zou, which was to lookout for enemies and protect the kingdom with her high jumping ability. She ALSO doesnt sleep really. If you recall, her and Wanda are part of a special group that served both Inu and Neko. A perfect quality for the lookout position.

Im not saying Carrot is a guarantee, but Carrot is the CLOSEST we've had to a legitimate crew member in the NW save for Jinbe, who STILL has mysteries about his past unexplained (his scar for example; it appears early on while he was a guard for Neptune, but BEFORE he formed the Sun Pirates with Fisher Tiger)

What Carrot really needs is emphasis on this during the War. She needs to stand out among other minks especially.
I dont like Carrot because what pushed her out to sea, her 'initial dream' was simple curiosity and her will to go on a adventure, nothing grand like with Pedro collecting poneglyphs for example. What she inherited from Pedro is more similar to WBP and Ace than SHP and their parents/role models, which was ensuring they leave Totoland safely. Now that they accomplished that Carrot has been reduced to a side character again. And we have already seen all from her i believe, she has nothing outstanding about her that would make her stick out like the rest of the SHP had.

Pekoms to me has more potential when talking about minks, because even though we have seen him from time to time, we know so little of him. He set out to sea with Pedro, but was his true ambition the same as Pedros? We dont know. He later joined BM and might reappear soon. Oda can introduce a important dream easier with him than with Carrot who already stated her. Only issue is role which i dont know what he could do. Or if we talk characters in general and not just minks, Pudding fits better. But like with all characters she also isnt a perfect fit, because is actor/entartainor a relevant role for the SHP? Would her dream be inspired by Lola (finding husband) or something bigger? Oda hasnt revealed much about her so he can still build her character. And the 3rd eye ability could be useful since we dont know the full potential of it. Nami has the 'feel' for the weather and Robin has the knowledge for the poneglyphs, the SHP females are special, a eventual 3rd one should be too imo.

Can't take the "13 final members" or "4 East Blue, 4 Grand Line, 4 New World" opinion seriously anymore.

We are already at beginning of end yet you guys expecting another 3 crewmembers to join the crew? Lol. Oda already having problem with handling Straw Hats, decreasing time of their interactions and turning some of them mainly Robin into background NPC.
Yet 3 more to join? Not happening. Especially not if those 3 guys are coming from Red Scrubbards or 28 y.o. Momo aka Lolden 2.0 but even worse.

Anyway, 4 East Blue, 4 Grand Line, 4 New World formula is already somewhat ruined already by Jinbe joining.
All 4 who joined in East Blue, made their debut also in East Blue.
All 4 who joined in Grand Line, made their debut also in Grand Line. Robin joined in the end of Alabasta arc, made her debut on Whiskey Peak arc that is located on Grand Line not East Blue.

But Jinbe, made his debut in Grand Line (Impel Down) yet joined in New World, unlike all the crewmembers so far who all joined in same part of world they first made their debut.

Can't take the "13 final members" or "4 East Blue, 4 Grand Line, 4 New World" opinion seriously anymore.

We are already at beginning of end yet you guys expecting another 3 crewmembers to join the crew? Lol. Oda already having problem with handling Straw Hats, decreasing time of their interactions and turning some of them mainly Robin into background NPC.
Yet 3 more to join? Not happening. Especially not if those 3 guys are coming from Red Scrubbards or 28 y.o. Momo aka Lolden 2.0 but even worse.

Anyway, 4 East Blue, 4 Grand Line, 4 New World formula is already somewhat ruined already by Jinbe joining.
All 4 who joined in East Blue, made their debut also in East Blue.
All 4 who joined in Grand Line, made their debut also in Grand Line. Robin joined in the end of Alabasta arc, made her debut on Whiskey Peak arc that is located on Grand Line not East Blue.

But Jinbe, made his debut in Grand Line (Impel Down) yet joined in New World, unlike all the crewmembers so far who all joined in same part of world they first made their debut.
Beginning of the end is a "bit" of an exaggeration but I totally agree. Manga still has plenty of more to go (Oda made the "I would like to finish in 5 years" comment almost a year ago now so uh, that'd be less then 150 chapters from now lol.) and we don't even know if the Rocks plot is fully finishing in Wano or if BM's arc is done here either.

That being said, could I see something, BUT HIGHLY doubt, a possibility were Jinbe and Carrot join at the end of Wano, then something like Smoker (perhaps through a Vegapunk arc after this one, since he's probably there) joins due to some unknown past and increasing distrust of the WG and/or Vivi rejoining due to bad things happening to her father/kingdom due to the Reveire? A common thread between all 4 characters is that they have been with Luffy for some time either now or in the past, so they wouldn't be entirely new or wouldn't need hundreds of chapters of continuing adventures to feel at home with the crew.

In this cover page, I think Oda confirmed new strawhats and total strawhats. Nami, Jimbei, Zoro and Chopper are clearly portrayed by the cats with the rest up for speculation.
Cat 1 is nami
Cat 2 Zoro
Cat 5 chopper
Cat 10 Jinbei
Mugiwara ichi(1)mi(3) or 13 strawhats. Vivre card 1-13 strawhats member, 14 being Roger.Sunny dock system number 1 and 3 appearing on each side of sunny. Blackbeard have 10 titanic captain under him, Luffy will need at least 1 more member after Jinbei. Oda did say we will have new member joining successively. Strawhats consider Vivi as a member, even If she doesn't rejoin them which I think she will, they consider her to be one.

I would like if Momo join the crew, he was born in Whitebeard ship and ride in Roger's one, whats the problem with him being a kid? He, more than any stawhat was born in the "crème de la crème" of pirates world.

Shanks, Buggy, Teach, Marco and Jozu were kids too when they enter their crews.

He could be a cabin boy anda mature with Luffy to be a good leader for Wano.
Those crews were significantly bigger than the Strawhats, each need to pull their own weight.

They need a male Kozuki there, someone who inherited Oden´s will.
Both the society and frankly Oda´s manga does not allow Hiyori to be "leader".

1) Related to Ace and Whitebeard (cried when WB was accused of betraying his comrades) and immediately went after Blackbeard
2) Consequently has a feud with Blackbeard (apparently was too weak to join his crew, would be ironic if she beats one in the end)
3) Extremely important to the World Government (considering Akainu´s words), which is in line with Luffy, Robin and Franky as the theme
4) Related to Kuma, whose last deeds in the world were pretty much Strawhat related, which will be relevant in Vegapunk arc
5) Less important than the other points but also a bit of irony, she refused to believe in pirates helping strangers, now she is in a situation in which she needs help

She will definitely be important in at least one arc, i see it as possible nakama setup.

Not a really a fan of carrot of being part of SH, although if she indeed fight perospero then that might be the cue

Status
Not open for further replies.