General & Others SANJI USED FULLBODY BLACK COA ON HIS NECK??

its COA BLACK

• Total voters

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
So he has only used CoA on the body part he holds his swords with...what was stopping him from coating his arm and shoulder to protect himself from nails?
I dunno, PIS? What stopped Sanji from using hardening on his leg to stop Vergo from cracking it? Or to properly defend against Judge's spear?

Oda makes characters forget shit all the time to hype up others.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Since no one brought it up, I'll just remind you all that this was Jinbei's first showing of Hardening. It was a little panel in chapter 864.

Pretty obvious Oda doesn't give a rat's ass about hardening anymore, too deep into the New World to worry about basic haki. It's a given anyone and their mother who is competent enough can use it.

But you still have people out here mindblown Sanji is using it, when he clearly is, as it's literally drawn in the panel. "No way can that black shiny stuff on his neck that looks exactly like every other time a character has used hardening, be hardening, it's shading, even though Oda has never shaded a neck like that much less in the context of bouncing off piercing attacks. "

Watch someone say Jinbei was wearing gloves, wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Since no one brought it up, I'll just remind you all that this was Jinbei's first showing of Hardening. It was a little panel in chapter 864.

Jinbes first CoA was in MF.
this panel also leaves no room for debate at all. thats koka alright.
not to mention he named that stuff when he fought BM.

ah, nevermimd. you guys will just keep your dream alive no matter how much sense I or anyone tries to beat into you.

Sanji is still wearing his white wedding suit.
its black cause of his permanent CoA.
carry on :cheers:

ZenZu

I dunno, PIS? What stopped Sanji from using hardening on his leg to stop Vergo from cracking it? Or to properly defend against Judge's spear?

Oda makes characters forget shit all the time to hype up others.
That's not really PIS.

Sanji underestimated Vergo, haki is finite, no one walks around constantly using it. If Vergo came at him again with the same kick and then he decided to not use it if it helps, then you can claim it was CIS.

With Judge we have no idea of knowing if it was hardening or not because of his pants, but what we do know is he definitely used haki to defend himself, so Oda's job was accomplished there via statement, no need for more than that.

S

Shin'ya🎭

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
PIS? What effect on the plot did Zoro getting nailed have?
Meant CIS. Zoro acknowledged the surprising strength of the voo doo doll, then instead of using Haki on his body he took damage to hype up Hawkins.

Could also argue that he took damage to get treated by Kiku, which led to them teaming up to rescue Tama and go to Oden castle :kayneshrug:

That's not really PIS.

Sanji underestimated Vergo, haki is finite, no one walks around constantly using it. If Vergo came at him again with the same kick and then he decided to not use it if it helps, then you can claim it was CIS.

With Judge we have no idea of knowing if it was hardening or not because of his pants, but what we do know is he definitely used haki to defend himself, so Oda's job was accomplished there via statement, no need for more than that.
Sanji mentioned how kicking Vergo was like kicking metal. So it was CIS to hype up Vergo.

And if Sanji used hardening on his legs, it doesn't really speak well to the strength of it. IIRC, Judge wasn't using a named attack or anything, just a stab, and Sanji was brought to his knees and from the manga panel it looked like he was shaking or something.

My main point is that Oda will make characters forget their abilities for the sake of plot or hyping up characters.

G

Gran D. Master

Meant CIS. Zoro acknowledged the surprising strength of the voo doo doll, then instead of using Haki on his body he took damage to hype up Hawkins.

Could also argue that he took damage to get treated by Kiku, which led to them teaming up to rescue Tama and go to Oden castle :kayneshrug:
Hawkins allowed for his strawman to get one-shotted to hype up Zoro.

Is that also a valid argument then?

ZenZu

Things being black doesnt mean hardening cannot be visible on them.
Fair enough, but this one is more up to Oda's discretion. Might be too much effort for him to do so on black pants when he can get the same result from a statement (haki was used). I think this fandom puts more stock into hardening than Oda himself. It's mostly for the visual effect, which is why no one pre skip could be seen using it.

If it's a given, via statement or common sense Oda might not put enough effort to even sweat the difference, it's implied Vergo was using full body haki, we know his pants were still white doesn't really change much.

Pica's whole body was black but not the straps around him. Sometimes it goes under clothes.

So the Judge panel remains inconclusive.

Like i said, it's nothing serious, if the message goes through loud and clear. In the judge scene we know he used haki, and that was probably good enough for Oda. Hardening is mostly visual effect so we as readers know haki is being used, if the same result is garnered via statement it's not a big deal, atleast it doesn't seem so for Oda.

Sanji mentioned how kicking Vergo was like kicking metal. So it was CIS to hype up Vergo.

And if Sanji used hardening on his legs, it doesn't really speak well to the strength of it. IIRC, Judge wasn't using a named attack or anything, just a stab, and Sanji was brought to his knees and from the manga panel it looked like he was shaking or something.

My main point is that Oda will make characters forget their abilities for the sake of plot or hyping up characters.
This is kind of like saying Sanji should've used Hells memories off the bat against Doflamingo and that it is PIS that he didn't. Which just isn't accurate, these are still humans with finite energy, emotions, and thoughts. You don't show all of your cards right off the bat before testing the waters.

Your point is heard loud and clear (i agree), just don't think the examples were the best ones.

Last edited: