Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't another way of looking at it be "Kurozumi (singular) was born to burn?" That way it would specifically be talking about Kurozumi Orochi instead of every single Kurozumi
Yeah, I'm curious to see the raws. But even so, earlier in the story, the schoolkids called him Orochi. I don't think any characters have called him only by his last name.

D

Deleted member 33823

I feel like people have already written in their own heads how Oda is going to write the story, so any type of discussion about different narrative avenues he might take is pointless.

G

Gorosei Informer

Now that I come to think about it this whole Wano arc has pretty shady foundations...
The Kozukis started the Kurozumi genocide because of the actions of a select group of people within the clan.
They are no different from Akainu who believes he was serving justice erasing O'Hara from history.
Ironically Wano is making me think of China and North Korea now especially. The forced isolation and thus entrapment of their own people, the horrific propaganda, deliberate famine and poverty, slavery, outright nationalism and believing they did nothinh wrong and punishing others including innocents brutally etc.

I was joking with my friends that Wano is just another side of the same coin as the WG of One Piece. Not so ddifferent actually.

This is the first time I've outright hated a country the SHs have visited and wannt yo see it get Buster Called/destroyed but that would be thinking and acting in the same way as them and the WG/Marines especially ofc.

This whole arc is a complete mess and this is the most unsatisfying, uncomfortable, repulsive, unacceptable ending I've ever seen to any arc, not even just One Piece.
I hate this arc so freaking much, beyond words themselves.

Someone has been making a series of essays on Wano in the Piratefolk subreddit on how Wano is meant to be dystopian for us to read too, in a meta sense in I believe. A completely dystopian arc and story.

I also fear how Yamato is gonna be treated in Wano as the spawn of Kaido and calling herself his son or whatever openly too. Not to mention she starts claiming she's Oden to the Wano people too and how they'll react to her trying to usurp his identity and legacy for her extreme LARPing too.

Also we don't know how Hiyori will react int this regard too. She hasn't met Yamato yet and encountered this Oden worship and identity theft behaviour has she?
Given how Hiyori is acting here too...

On a side note too, remember when we thought Tokis scar would be important in future too? Lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could’ve literally ignored that and proceeded with the rest of my post then
What I want people to understand is that underdogs can still have dangerous flaws in their beliefs. People can be oppressed but they can become the oppressor. Oden and Hiyori are different. Oden never discriminated anyone. He even felt pity for Orochi which is why he danced for five years. People on Luffy's side are not necessarily good.

My overall point: There are still a lot of things needed to be fixed in the One Piece world and it will take time and effort.

P.S Wano has only been saved from the tyrant. People haven't changed because the borders aren't open. They are still close minded.

Rivalry doesn't need to be equal though. MJ and Chuck were rivals but MJ won six rings and Chuck won none.
it’s a forced rivalry still law and Kidd have no crew no territory’s no luffy is 2 lvl above them individually I don’t see law or Kidd beating an admiral nor yonko 1v1 even Yamato could possibly beat one of ‘em

Status
Not open for further replies.