Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It didnt become black blade because of Zoro's ability and aside from that it is like any other sword, I guess...
Any other sword Zoro has, once forged into black blade, wont be any inferior to Shusui.
That's not what I'm talking about. Why did Zoro lose it? It doesn't seem to make much narrative sense for him to be permanently relieved of the blade?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
He willingly gave it up since it means so much to people of Wano and got a replacement of the same grade.
He has no attachment to any blade aside from Wado.
I understand why he did it. But he inherited Ryuma's will and it was the blade's desire to be wielded by Zoro. Zoro relinquishing it undermines the theme of inherited will.

I understand why he did it. But he inherited Ryuma's will and it was the blade's desire to be wielded by Zoro. Zoro relinquishing it undermines the theme of inherited will.
Oh well, not necessarily. Zoro will still cut down a dragon over the skies of Wano, be it King, Kaido or both. Zoro and pals are technically working to undo what Ryuma was doing, which was defending Wano as a closed country. By opening Wano, Zoro would already have chosen a different path to Ryuma. Either way, we don't know if Zoro will get Shusui back or not; Gyukimaru is still in the picture and can bring Shusui back if he wants to.

That's not what I'm talking about. Why did Zoro lose it? It doesn't seem to make much narrative sense for him to be permanently relieved of the blade?
Personally I think he has to give it back and forge his own path forward. It is also already a black sword and Zoro won't be able to make it black himself thus taking away from the legacy he is going to create. Shusui was stolen from Ryuma's grave. The Shimotsuki have the tradition of using the swords as gravestones when the master dies.
Irrespective of how powerful the sword is, that is their tradition. So I believe after Zoro saw how Shimotsuki treat their swords, he decided to return it to its proper owner.

I think Zoro when he goes to Ryuma's grave, and hears the stroy will return it. It will probably be an emotional thing like when SH let Sunny go.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
:whitepress:

You want Zoro to give up the sword he inherited from Kuina and is his only memento of her?
You want him to give up the blade he received from Hiyori?
You want Zoro to be wielding a mere Ryo Wazamono?
Sandai isn't even a Ryo Wazamono. The Kitetsu grades go from Saijo O-Wazamono -> O-Wazamono -> whatever is below Ryo Wazamono

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Sandai isn't even a Ryo Wazamono. The Kitetsu grades go from Saijo O-Wazamono -> O-Wazamono -> whatever is below Ryo Wazamono
Oof. Truly not a sword worthy of the future WSS. He needs to ditch it ASAP. Yes every blade can become Kokuto, but there's a reason Mihawk uses the world's finest sword and not any other.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I'm probably the only one here who'd rather he keep the Sandai Kitetsu. He's used it for the majority of the series and it's never failed him. Just because Mihawk uses the world's strongest blade doesn't mean Zoro should follow suite in only getting the highest grade swords. He isn't Mihawk. He's the world's first Santoryu swordsman, and he shall forge his own legend, not emulate another's.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I'm probably the only one here who'd rather he keep the Sandai Kitetsu. He's used it for the majority of the series and it's never failed him. Just because Mihawk uses the world's strongest blade doesn't mean Zoro should follow suite. He isn't Mihawk. He's the world's first Santoryu swordsman, and he shall forge his own legend, not emulate another's.

There's a first time for everything. :catblush:

@nik87 would prefer it as well. It's still a fodder sword though, and the upgrade is right in front of Zoro.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
And Zoro hasn't really shown any interest in own it. Unless you suggest he loses Sandai Kitetsu, that's another thing we'll disagree on.
King breaks it.
:pepedoffy:

Either way, there's not really any reason for Zoro to keep Sandai over Nidai, and Zoro has shown interest in the Sandai. He's never done that for a sword that didn't end up in his possession (the last I remember was Shusui).