Character Discussion Zoro's lineage is revealed by Oda

Is Zoro a real/true/direct/main Shimotsuki?

• Total voters

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Didn’t expect smth big from him honestly..it was obvious from the beginning that zoro is just a fan service character (not to downplay him but a fact is a FACT),

the only feats he gets are from his fights (that are veryyy well animated by toei compared to the manga btw 👀) and the thriller bark scene from a 1077 chapters manga ..he’s not even the vice captain like cmon….bro was planned to be in buggy’s crew in the first place duh!!💀

the reason why oda gave him this part about his family in a sbs was because his fans were expecting something huge from him so he just gave them this info to shut them up ..it seems like this ..

and that also explains why his fans are soooo mad they taught he was that special !
Oda - Romance dawn trio are most important

You - a fan service character

:gokulaugh:

Fr this is really trash
As annoying as Zoro fans online are, Zoro himself at least had the image of "rando kid who made it despite everything".
And it's all thrown out with this Ryuma lineage :suresure:
That got thrown since forever ago, since Ryuma was established?
That was basically Oda confirming that MC of his previous manga is canon within OP, and that Zoro is the

I don't see what makes Zoro fans any more annoying than other major fanbases, it's all agendas. It depends on who you stan for at the end of the day I suppose. Like, Sanji fans and Luffy hate Zoro fans for obvious reasons.

So how are you coping Grandson of Pinzolo fans?
That itself isn't the issue, obviously this is just a snippet and there is more to it.
The outlet itself is fine IMO

The L is that LOda chose to put this in SBS rather than the most thematically fitting arc that just happened. An arc which was needlessly streached with several filler chapters, but got massively rushed when it mattered the most (i.e raid post chapter 1010).

The fact that Loda gave Kaido 5 pages of snippets as flashback.....the dude who defined the entire post TS got reduced to this. This and the Zoro backstory in SBS embodies why we call Wano Oda Loda lmao.

It’s annoyingly the kind of backstory that I would like to see, because it‘s quite low scale. The only sort of huge grand world-spanning connection part is that Zoro’s grandmother was a noble. Other than that, grandfather local East Blue swordsman, that’s good. Father another swordsman, died against pirates, that’s good. Mother, daughter of a criminal, died of illness, also good. None of it is earth-shatteringly original but it’s the sort of thing that could make a good, relatively grounded story that could explain a bit about why Zoro is… Zoro.

Part of my problem from the later flashbacks of Sanji and Law was how over the top Oda made some of it, in what to me at least was a poor attempt to capture the magic of Robin’s flashback.
”LAW ESCAPED HIS MASSACRED ISLAND HIDING IN A CART OF CORPSES”
”SANJI’S DAD IS A FRENCH NAZI SCIENTIST KING WHO LOCKED HIM IN THE DUNGEON.”

We don’t have that here. But it doesn’t matter, because we don‘t get to see it.

And like I said in the other thread, the ”what does it all mean?” part, man, just commit. Stick it in or don’t.

Also tbh, I can sense a cashgrab when One Piece is finished. Want a one volume spin-off that will sell pretty well? This is something that could do it. Could do one for all of the Strawhats. Ten chapters on their background figures. 10 volumes in all, do it a year or two after OP finishes.
PLAN B to highlight zoro even more than he deserves as a character….ON ACTION

btw even sanji and law came from the bottom and that what made them what they are now !!

PLAN B to highlight zoro even more than he deserves as a character….ON ACTION

btw even sanji and law came from the bottom and that what made them what they are now !!
What are you jabbering on about.

Law is a D. Has near enough the same general lineage as Zoro, important ancestors, not very important immediate family. What I’m saying is that I didn’t especially like how OTT his flashback was.

Sanji is the son of a king and a scion of the family who conquered North Blue in the past. How on earth that is coming from the bottom I don’t know.