Game 01: Generic Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
Again, there are ways to deduce suspects by simply leading the town by calling them out.. Claiming is important but it depends. At this point, outing the cop by outing another townie will favor the scums, too. Why? It will be an open target for them at night..
You didn't get it. I'm not telling the cop to claim. I'm looking at potential hints and more activity in which the cop would post could potentially help me in the task. Not every cop play the same way. There are some cop who prefer staying inactive until they find a scum. There are others who don't tell who the scum is, but give hints that could help townie. There are also situations when a confirmed townie from a cop perspective could be saved with a subtle hint he could leave, allowing to catch mafia instead. The cop could take advantage of any subtle moment to hint who might be town or mafia without revealing anything, but which could be useful from my perspective to confirm my assumptions, because i already have a suspect in my mind. If he doesn't make any hint, it's good too, but if it does, it would work better for my case. After more activity, i'd explain my thoughts better
Post automatically merged:

You don't have any suspects until now? From I remembered, you were actively throwing shades last dp and used an awesome random vote strategy in order to harness different reactions which could have led in you spotting a scum.. There was am awesome activity from you last dp bit it suddenly abruptly went down today. What happened to that devotion? Scums will most likely be more active d1 but will eventually lurk.
By the way what you say here is one of the things i had in my mind, because i had Playa in my suspicion list just before day1 ended
Ok just read through the thread a little and i'd say the most suspicious that comes in my mind is Playa. I don't really like the way he uses the pressure vote as an excuse to randomly vote people because the way he uses pressure vote doesn't even help at all. He constantly switched from Vonal to Gambit to Kiwipom.

And the interval between his first pressure vote and his second one wasn't even that long(1hour) and when he switched the vote to Kiwipom for Kiwipom finding him suspicious of voting people with pressure vote as an excuse, Kiwipom replied to him to be suspicious because of wanting to know why he voted Vonal and didn't reply until posting this morning, maybe due to being busy but still. He should also have taken into consideration the fact that Kiwipom is a newbie player, so normal to ask questions
t

Last edited:

Bogard

You can't win
By the way as i said before, it's pretty clear to me now that only one of the 2 mafia has the ability to kill. There is only 1 doctor working for our cause and assuming the doctor managed to save the same target mafia targetted, it would have left an additional mafia killing the other if he could. The fact that we have a mafia day cop and a mafia blocker suggest to me that the mafia day cop is the one with the ability to kill during the night when the mafia blocker send his action to block an attempt to use an ability during the night

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
You didn't get it. I'm not telling the cop to claim. I'm looking at potential hints and more activity in which the cop would post could potentially help me in the task. Not every cop play the same way. There are some cop who prefer staying inactive until they find a scum. There are others who don't tell who the scum is, but give hints that could help townie. There are also situations when a confirmed townie from a cop perspective could be saved with a subtle hint he could leave, allowing to catch mafia instead. The cop could take advantage of any subtle moment to hint who might be town or mafia without revealing anything, but which could be useful from my perspective to confirm my assumptions, because i already have a suspect in my mind. If he doesn't make any hint, it's good too, but if it does, it would work better for my case. After more activity, i'd explain my thoughts better

By the way what you say here is one of the things i had in my mind, because i had Playa in my suspicion list just before day1 ended
I understood your reasoning very well and I actually agree with it because cop is our biggest asset as he is the only one who can get info on a player in NP. And, it will help us in big way.

But what you are doing rn is building unnecessary pressure on him to provide subtle hints which involve the risk of exposing his identity. We should let cop perform the role as the way he finds fit.

That cycle was pretty good, props to FB for catching the SK. Also, no deaths this NP, which means that the doctor hit the same target as mafia or they forgot to send the action or maybe even didn’t want to send it (weird but not impossible). That’s the only scenario I can think of, giving the roles we have.
This is the Nth recap of what happened last night.. Any others things you have in mind? :)

I totally get you there and I honestly told you that what you just mentioned above is n option for the cop by hinting merely that he caught a scum.. Anyway, I am clearing this debate for now as I think we have already clarified both sides..

Yes, Vonal and Playa are my top suspects aside from Naomi.. For the reasons i have alrdy mentioned.. All over again..

Bogard

You can't win
I understood your reasoning very well and I actually agree with it because cop is our biggest asset as he is the only one who can get info on a player in NP. And, it will help us in big way.

But what you are doing rn is building unnecessary pressure on him to provide subtle hints which involve the risk of exposing his identity. We should let cop perform the role as the way he finds fit.
I agree with this completely, that's why i was even hesitating myself if i should have replied to Gambit or not. I'd avoid this from now on

Nice, sk down.
No assumptions please.

Let's deduce all the possible scenario and implications. I have one in mind so sharing it.

Doctor doesn't have information gathering ability. So doc will protect only that player about whom he/she is 100% sure is townie and had bonding on first day.

If mafia and doctor both end up using their ability on same townie then not only that townie is in danger but now even the doctor. Why? Because as long as doctor is there, mafia won't be able to get rid of that townie whom they perceived as such a big threat that they felt the need to do away on first day.

All mafia needs to do is to figure out which players had bonding with their target, use their day cop ability and they can get doctor either by setting him up as scum in day phase or through Nk at night.
why are you giving mafia tips??

Also imo they should not claim, the only problem with this the da mafia cop can screw us over if he find them.

By the way as i said before, it's pretty clear to me now that only one of the 2 mafia has the ability to kill. There is only 1 doctor working for our cause and assuming the doctor managed to save the same target mafia targetted, it would have left an additional mafia killing the other if he could. The fact that we have a mafia day cop and a mafia blocker suggest to me that the mafia day cop is the one with the ability to kill during the night when the mafia blocker send his action to block an attempt to use an ability during the night
A normal mafia kill is performed by a mafia goon however this set up doesn't contemplate it and there's a faction kill. This makes me believe we are probably in the realm of 'one kill x two men' meaning the departure of a mafia man implies the other can still kill and so the kill is Mafia's property and not a single man's.

Bogard

You can't win
Too much inactivity here, and i'd probably go to sleep soon, not good.

Leaving a vote on playa4321 for reasons presented before

Ok just read through the thread a little and i'd say the most suspicious that comes in my mind is Playa. I don't really like the way he uses the pressure vote as an excuse to randomly vote people because the way he uses pressure vote doesn't even help at all. He constantly switched from Vonal to Gambit to Kiwipom.

And the interval between his first pressure vote and his second one wasn't even that long(1hour) and when he switched the vote to Kiwipom for Kiwipom finding him suspicious of voting people with pressure vote as an excuse, Kiwipom replied to him to be suspicious because of wanting to know why he voted Vonal and didn't reply until posting this morning, maybe due to being busy but still. He should also have taken into consideration the fact that Kiwipom is a newbie player, so normal to ask questions
t
Vote Lynch playa4321

I am curious on your curousity tbh. When I play cop, I tryna make sure that I Outed the scum I could have caught but wouldn't claim for the sake of claiming and protection. The way I interpret your opinion is that your Tryna fish who the cop is.. What if the cop had checked a townie? It's not advisable for him/her to give us any information just yet.. This is risky
I would said even if the cop found scum. I don’t think the cop should claim. If not try to find a flaw on the scum and try to rally everybody to lynch the scum

Haven’t read everything this DP so I will start now fully.

We really do not care much for what happened last np. What ever the case we are lucky that mafia couldn’t get a kill. Leave the doctor and/or cop alone.

The discussion has to move from that so that we can find the scums. You guys did good last NP let’s go back to that. I have been inactive, but I plan to be more active now so let’s get talking.

So far only interest thing this DP is Bogard asking not for the cop, but that has kind of been clear out. So so far no got not reads. Will look through DP1 once again to see if I find some thing of value

Coqui coqui this is a quite game

Last edited:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Since nothing much is happening today, I’ll say this. I think Vonal is suspicious because I think he has experience playing mafia but he is really quiet. Other players will say that they’re busy but he didn’t say that for himself. Maybe it’s because earlier there was discussion about scums using the excuse of being busy to take a back seat in the game. Especially since Celestial used the same excuse too, it will be foolish for another scum to use that as an excuse for inactivity

You and Playa are my main suspects.
I do agree that I found Playa and Gambit suspicious too but it’s quite coincidental that every time someone thinks you’re suspicious, you will come in and post something then disappear again

There’s other people I’m suspicious of so I won’t put a lynch on Vonal just yet, but I’m waiting to see you post more

Nvm, I just checked, Vonal did say he was busy a while back. But I still think he is awfully quiet, I understand that it’s hard to catch up/post new points without restating what someone has already said but this action can also be done by mafias trying to blend in.

Last edited:

Reborn

Since nothing much is happening today, I’ll say this. I think Vonal is suspicious because I think he has experience playing mafia but he is really quiet. Other players will say that they’re busy but he didn’t say that for himself. Maybe it’s because earlier there was discussion about scums using the excuse of being busy to take a back seat in the game. Especially since Celestial used the same excuse too, it will be foolish for another scum to use that as an excuse for inactivity

I do agree that I found Playa and Gambit suspicious too but it’s quite coincidental that every time someone thinks you’re suspicious, you will come in and post something then disappear again

There’s other people I’m suspicious of so I won’t put a lynch on Vonal just yet, but I’m waiting to see you post more

Nvm, I just checked, Vonal did say he was busy a while back. But I still think he is awfully quiet, I understand that it’s hard to catch up/post new points without restating what someone has already said but this action can also be done by mafias trying to blend in.
The reason we need activity is that there would be change in attitude.

Getting sk on first attempt and then not been able to get their target on first night with no clue would definitely make scums uneasy imo

@TheAncientCenturion how far is your home dude? It's been 7 hours now. Where is you hot take on day two?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The reason we need activity is that there would be change in attitude.

Getting sk on first attempt and then not been able to get their target on first night with no clue would definitely make scums uneasy imo

@TheAncientCenturion how far is your home dude? It's been 7 hours now. Where is you hot take on day two?
Allow me to reread this day lol. I got home and babysat my niece, then passed out for a couple hours.

Reborn

I will prssure vote TAC, I wanna hear his great plans again

Vote Lynch TAC
You were very enthusiastic during day 1 with all those reads? Nearly half day 2 has been passed. Where are your reads now?

I have been inactive, but I plan to be more active now so let’s get talking.
Dude you said the same thing before day 1 as well and then went on inactivity and now repeating it again. You need to come up with more instead of repeating what other users have implied and make more than just 5 posts.

@Vonal same stands for you. you guys are simply posting to survive that minimum 5 post penalty. Post more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.