General & Others Luffy vs Akainu naysaying feels pretty ironic

Been part of the OP fandom for a certain time (13-14 years), one recurring complaint is that Luffy « steals » fights he has no business in.

The salt when Luffy ended up 1 vs 1 Doffy with Law only being able to watch during Dressrosa was truly something.

Overall a « flaw » is that Luffy and his crew do not always that much emotional investment when it comes to defeating x crew/organization, at least compared to some side characters, making their triumph not as impactful as it could have been.

Why I said ironic? Because the amount of emotional connection and investment in a supposed Luffy vs Akainu is arguably the biggest in the series for , even bigger than vs Blackbeard.

-Only character to give Luffy actual PTSD

-Only character to kill someone as precious as his crewmates (if not more), right in front of Luffy's eyes
-Only character to break Luffy's will, even making him question his dream.

-Only character to permanently alter Luffy's design in almost 1100 chapters even though Luffy got stabbed, laser beam'd punch, clubbed etc, etc thousands of time

-Still makes Luffy grind his teeth and seethe in anger after 2 years, even though Luffy made peace with Ace's death

-Only character to make Luffy's scar throb, just through the mention of his name

Since I'm at it, instances of scars throbbing :

Add to this Akainu played a big part in the timeskip as his killing of Ace made Luffy realize he needed to train, and it's clear that within a small dozens of chapters
that as a villain Akainu had an impact on Luffy nobody else had.

Based on all these things a Luffy vs Akainu confrontation seems self-evident or at least widely accepted and yet...

...somehow, a decent sized part of the fandom managed to genjutsu themselves into how this fight has no meaning, for the simple reason that if it were to happen, it would destroy their headcanon powerscaling, can't have that I guess lol.

Been part of the OP fandom for a certain time (13-14 years), one recurring complaint is that Luffy « steals » fights he has no business in.

The salt when Luffy ended up 1 vs 1 Doffy with Law only being able to watch during Dressrosa was truly something.

Overall a « flaw » is that Luffy and his crew do not always that much emotional investment when it comes to defeating x crew/organization, at least compared to some side characters, making their triumph not as impactful as it could have been.

Why I said ironic? Because the amount of emotional connection and investment in a supposed Luffy vs Akainu is arguably the biggest in the series for , even bigger than vs Blackbeard.

-Only character to give Luffy actual PTSD

-Only character to kill someone as precious as his crewmates (if not more), right in front of Luffy's eyes
-Only character to break Luffy's will, even making him question his dream.

-Only character to permanently alter Luffy's design in almost 1100 chapters even though Luffy got stabbed, laser beam'd punch, clubbed etc, etc thousands of time

-Still makes Luffy grind his teeth and seethe in anger after 2 years, even though Luffy made peace with Ace's death

-Only character to make Luffy's scar throb, just through the mention of his name

Since I'm at it, instances of scars throbbing :

Add to this Akainu played a big part in the timeskip as his killing of Ace made Luffy realize he needed to train, and it's clear that within a small dozens of chapters
that as a villain Akainu had an impact on Luffy nobody else had.

Based on all these things a Luffy vs Akainu confrontation seems self-evident or at least widely accepted and yet...

...somehow, a decent sized part of the fandom managed to genjutsu themselves into how this fight has no meaning, for the simple reason that if it were to happen, it would destroy their headcanon powerscaling, can't have that I guess lol.

It's a shame we got Imu so late into the story when Akainu was already there as the perfect posterboy for everything wrong with the WG and Marines.
He was engame villain material imo

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
No bro you don’t understand bro MuH tIeR lIsT bro AdCoC bro please bro SABO OR DRAGON bro I beg of you bro

Akainu is legit the only character to ever make Luffy give up on his dream. Nothing else even needs to be said.

Sakazuki isn’t the final villain I don’t think but you’re on crack cocaine if you he and Luffy aren’t about to fight.

I’d perhaps be more accepting of someone else ultimately defeating Akainu if the other options people mention didn’t have zero reason to fight Akainu in Luffy’s stead. Dragon has already said he doesn’t want to fight the Marines but the Celestial Dragons. And the reasons people say Sabo will fight Akainu apply 100 times more to Luffy lol.

“Akainu made Sabo feel the pain of losing a brother,” it’s like these people are still blocking Ace dying in Luffy’s arms from memory due to their PTSD lol.

Honestly we ran down all the arguments for Luffy vs Akainu a hundred times by now, pretty much everyone deep down knows that the fight makes the most sense considering the build up.

Question remains, is Oda bound by all this build up he made ?
I'd say no. He does whatever he wants so other matchups are still possible, doesn't disprove the fact that objectively Luffy is the only one with actual reasons to fight Akainu until Oda puts up another fighter like Dragon to take over that task.

It can happen, but not as a final villain.
Ever since Imu intro I honestly never argued in favor of Akainu being the FV, except if he pulls a coup and overthrows Imu he doesn’t have what needed to be that guy. And excluding Imu, between Akainu and BB as FV, I’d favor BB. A FV needs to be at the top of his organization.
He can be the penultimate or antepenultimate villain though, I don’t believe the war against WG will only last one day, meaning the marine and Imu don’t have to be defeated at the exact same time.

It's a shame we got Imu so late into the story when Akainu was already there as the perfect posterboy for everything wrong with the WG and Marines.
He was engame villain material imo
Still crazy that introducing Imu in chapter 906 is considered late, which I agree with, but that the story will go for at least 300+ chapters is insane. Only time will tell if that’s a good thing or not

Ever since Imu intro I honestly never argued in favor of Akainu being the FV, except if he pulls a coup and overthrows Imu he doesn’t have what needed to be that guy. And excluding Imu, between Akainu and BB as FV, I’d favor BB. A FV needs to be at the top of his organization.
He can be the penultimate or antepenultimate villain though, I don’t believe the war against WG will only last one day, meaning the marine and Imu don’t have to be defeated at the exact same time.
Agreed

Akainu dogwalks the Yonko by restricted Marineford showings, fighting any option of the 3 would just cement it.
Sad mofos sweating daily to push pretty lame narratives ain't gonna change nothing
Especially when all three major narratives don't change the end result.

- Luffy ? Arguably already going extreme diff with Kaido 1v1.
- Dragon? Seriously? The guy with a bounty above Primebeard and built up for over 900 chapters with insane story importance being the representation of the D's wind powers ?
Above Kaido as well.
- Prime Sabo ? Will surpass Dragon and is the copy of Ace who Sengoku said would no doubt rise to be PK that's why they waged war against WB to get rid of him.

You see how all of these pretty much confirm the same thing which is Akainu > All Yonkou.
Yonkou bros know this so they've started pushing Akainu getting Blueno treatment, Aokiji beating Akainu in a rematch or Imu low diffing Akainu to avoid these scenarios.

They can run and try to hide from it but Akainu greatness shall crush them eventually.:absojustice:

They will clash and have a skirmish, but with the lore behind Joyboy, Im and the WG, Akainu can't be the final villain.

Kaido's scar ached. So, did he fight Oden again? Nope.

Admiral fans contradict themselves. They say admirals are the final villains since they are the WG's and the Celestials first and foremost shield, yet they won't fight revos, because the Revos are after the WG and the Celestials, whose first and foremost shield happens to be said admirals.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
They will clash and have a skirmish, but with the lore behind Joyboy, Im and the WG, Akainu can't be the final villain.

Kaido's scar ached. So, did he fight Oden again? Nope.

Admiral fans contradict themselves. They say admirals are the final villains since they are the WG's and the Celestials first and foremost shield, yet they won't fight revos, because the Revos are after the WG and the Celestials, whose first and foremost shield happens to be said admirals.
Who called Akainu the final villain in this thread? Heck I barely see anyone calling Akainu final villain in general on WG.