General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man it has been a long time since i had done that and wow @HeroesNZ is willing to join our side ? lol
Yeah, ask Heroes 😂 He has been a fan of Sanji and Zoro both if I remember correctly

Where is this coming from anyway?:kaidowhat:Unless you want to make some quality meme about this:sanjimeh:
No, I dont have talents of making memes 😂
We have too many Zoro fans here, and I want the Sanji fandoms to grow so we can have a balanced debate 😂 I am not getting my share of pro-Zoro posts

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Many people suffer from the samething they suffer from in One Piece once they catch up, the week to week grind of reading it is unbearable, and it's much better to read it in bulk of chapters ( tons of people were complaining about it's current arc, just like One Piece, and tons of people overhype the earlier parts of Kingdom, just like One Piece). So pace yourself, unless you don't care about that and think it won't mess up your perception of the series.
Good God, that’s the most annoying thing about my love for this series...I have to go through the grueling wait every week, and the breaks have become more and more copious since the timeskip. Always jealous of the people just now getting into OP or not having read the whole thing yet, they don’t know what’s coming once they catch up.

HxH and Berserk have their own superior quality compared to OP, but they suffer from the consistency issues. Later chapters of Berserk were so inferior in plot and storytelling, its like the author doesnt know where to go from that point anymore.

HxH i dunno, i guess the author is too busy attending to little details about abilities that he doesnt concentrate on the bigger picture anymore.

I nominate a few titles for mangas/manhwas that are overall superior to One Piece:

- Vagabond: story about Miyamoto Musashi. By Inoue Takehiko. The battles are really melancholic, seinen, the atmosphere can drown you to the characters' insight almost effortlessly.

- Monster: Urasawa Naoki's masterpiece imo. Its finished. A story about a doctor and his patient. About life and death.

- GOSU: no doubt about this, i currently consider this ongoing battle manhwa better than One Piece. Extremely deep character of a protagonist, highly coherent, consistent and intriguing plot, adaptive stroytelling depending on the plot points being underlined (sometimes shonen sometimes dreamlike sometimes seinen sometimes 4coma), cinematic and extremely well-drawn artstyle especially in combat that its like you cant even breathe in the presence of those explosions and slashes.

Last edited:
For me I would say that as far as Shounen goes, nothing beats One Piece for me. One Piece's world building is top tier, and I can't think of any other manga off the top of my head that does it as well as One Piece. There are a lot of manga out there that are good at their specific genre or themes like: horror, tragedy, slice of life or mystery etc. But for me the world of One Piece, the four Blues, the Grand Line, the New World, everything is detailed and lived in, and reading it you get immersive and sucked in like no other comic or manga.

However that doesn't mean that I think that there aren't other good manga out there.

Berserk has a incredible dark art style, and a beautiful horrifying world

I also really like the world building in Magi: The Kingdom of Magic. It has pretty good world building, not on the level of One Piece of course. The stories are beautifully written too.

Attack on Titan was hot for a time when it first came out, I first got to know it through the anime, the manga sadly isn't top tier when it comes to art, but still good. Attack on titan started off really cool and intense, then towards the ending I started disliking Eren and some of the plot points with the whole 'chosen one or destined' thing kinda took me off. They also killed off so many fan favorite characters.

A lot of people on here like Kingdom a lot, and I agree its amazing, but weirdly for me as a history nerd the Warring States stories aren't new to me, and I've already read something similar in Chinese manhua comics in the past that I randomly found on the internet one time lol.

I hear Hunter x Hunter is also good, but its also known as Hiatus x Hiatus, so maybe i'll read it once its all finished.

For me I would say that as far as Shounen goes, nothing beats One Piece for me. One Piece's world building is top tier, and I can't think of any other manga off the top of my head that does it as well as One Piece. There are a lot of manga out there that are good at their specific genre or themes like: horror, tragedy, slice of life or mystery etc. But for me the world of One Piece, the four Blues, the Grand Line, the New World, everything is detailed and lived in, and reading it you get immersive and sucked in like no other comic or manga.

However that doesn't mean that I think that there aren't other good manga out there.

Berserk has a incredible dark art style, and a beautiful horrifying world

I also really like the world building in Magi: The Kingdom of Magic. It has pretty good world building, not on the level of One Piece of course. The stories are beautifully written too.

Attack on Titan was hot for a time when it first came out, I first got to know it through the anime, the manga sadly isn't top tier when it comes to art, but still good. Attack on titan started off really cool and intense, then towards the ending I started disliking Eren and some of the plot points with the whole 'chosen one or destined' thing kinda took me off. They also killed off so many fan favorite characters.

A lot of people on here like Kingdom a lot, and I agree its amazing, but weirdly for me as a history nerd the Warring States stories aren't new to me, and I've already read something similar in Chinese manhua comics in the past that I randomly found on the internet one time lol.

I hear Hunter x Hunter is also good, but its also known as Hiatus x Hiatus, so maybe i'll read it once its all finished.
I agree on the world building part for sure. From those I read or saw.