Current Events ‘Warrior God’ is a Fake Translation - Viz Official Translation is ‘Godhead’

Do you also accept that the proper name of the 2nd SH is “Zolo” and that Kaido’s crew is called the “Animal Kingdom Pirates”?
Smh dude the Zolo thing came from earlier ViZ, its not Stephen who did that. Nevertheless, the Japanese cant differentiate between L and R well, hence "EngRish".

Do you know that people still rely on Stephen Paul's scripts over early ViZ? He is an OG

Sandman is Japanese and said it’s warrior god.
Tell Sandman to translate their entire title, "bushin = warrior god" wont cut it

Even if I overlook that you pulled out "assigned to" out of your ass, who in their right mind assigns warrior gods to lead agriculture/finance lmao?

Etenboby thinks "bushin" is their job title. Lets be real here, job titles like warrior god doesnt make sense, especially when you are in charge of agriculture or finance ministry
IMHO the warrior god titles portray the world government as a system established via acts of warfare which aligns with the information we already have about the formation of the current world government.

The fact you read kingdom and made this thread is a lol

"I am the Godhead..." :laughmoji:

Stephen is so good at Japanese he can fucking change it when he wants, what a based bloke
Lee's agenda is stronger than his logic.
Kingdom taught him psychological warfare, he's trying to defeat the warriors of sanity with his tirelessly repeated admiral wank but we will not yield.

Do people even realize bushin have military word here With combine with god ?
Gororsei are part of world government military and gorosei are gods by title .
Admrials is part of world government force yet they are strongest one .
Literally show admiral > gorosei . Since you can senses people power by coO like old rayleigh did it .
It is not complicated to understand and yet you guys are monkey around it .

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Fyi, i dont support delusions like placing Gorousei over every Yonko/Admiral except Shanks.
But they will be fighters and their title does have "warrior" in it.

That ain't the point though.
He just t/l'd it in a way which he thought would be a better fit for the audience he's translating it to.
That doesn't mean the kanji for 'warrior' isn't there in their titles and the JP fans are wrong for noting it.
Yea but my point (I haven't followed every convo here) is the viz made the correct decision because the Kanji translated 1:1 sounds off in english.

Some things should not be translated literally, this might be one of those things. Warrior God of Agriculture sounds like a bad run on sentence/joke.

It might make sense in Japanese doesn't mean it belongs in English. Viz's job is to go with author's intent and translate that over to the english audience, not translate it word for word.

Infact if they did it word for word it might convey the wrong thing and change the tone or meaning of the scene. I'm not Japanese and Viz are the experts so I'll trust their decision over the google translate Kanji experts.

Stephen Paul probably doesn't give a shit about the fandom overthinking all of this and powerscaling.
But that's exactly it, If being a Warrior or whatever was crucial to the scene I doubt it would be omitted, especially since it's such a common term that the translators obviously know.

The divine aspect was deemed important. So I'm gonna assume that was Oda's intent, it's also a red flag that the fan translations were word vomits that were damn near illegible.

to be honest I would rather to have literal translation over everyone translation ,
‘Having warrior god of financial is hilarious and meme worthy . Literal Simpson or southpark could came up with it as to mock financial god as America worship the almighty dollar .

Fear the almighty dollar from USA military force ,we spend money on it with taxes .

Last edited:
Tell Sandman to translate their entire title, "bushin = warrior god" wont cut it
He doesn’t need to. War/warrior god is literally what is written on paper.

It is literally impossible to have gotten godhead from what was written. Stephen came up with that on his own. Whats is a Godhead?

There is no translation of the chapter in any language that has Godhead. Stephen is the only one.

In any case, a god is a god. Be it a warrior god or a god of finance. Don't see how this somehow helps the admirals' portrayal when they themselves acknowledge the godhood of the gorose
"War like minister of finance/agriculture/etc" "fierce minister of ...."

Does that sound better?

My next name change will either be “Godhead of Salt Lee Hung” or “Godhead of Bait Lee Hung”
I'll translate this post for you guys: "I know that I'm wrong and I feel badass while being wrong".

Already addressed this. Translation isn't about doing 1:1 literal translation of text. Even someone who has basic Japanese knowledge knows what Bushin is, and you're saying the official translator didn't know something a google search could tell you?
Some things should not be translated literally, this might be one of those things. Warrior God of Agriculture sounds like a bad run on sentence/joke.

It might make sense in Japanese doesn't mean it belongs in English. Viz's job is to go with author's intent and translate that over to the english audience, not translate it word for word.
I could tell you stories about my adventures as a Latin student and how literal Latin to German translations range from funny to straight gibberish.
The real problem here is that certain readers are obsessed with powerscaling so they cling to every little piece of hope and grasp at straws to wank their favourite characters and have the last word.

Shall we count this as yet another L for Admiral Haters who got baited by a fake translation? The title itself never mattered, Admirals > Gorosei regardless but it’s nice to see Admiral Haters being dumb enough to think that a bunch of politicians were actually called Warriors lol.

Admiral haters really have been getting baited by a lot of obviously fake shit lately lmfao, from 4 years of getting dog walked on a leash by Fake News Morgans to now getting bitch slapped by Viz, Will Admiral Haters ever catch a break?

@SakazOuki @MarineHQ @scoobie3 @silverfire @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Extravlad @kurwa @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Veku @ZenZu @comrade @SkySanji @Warchief Sanji D Goat @Anomander Rake @God Buggy @Apollo @EmperorKinyagi etc
Didn't Imu severely wound Sabo while a somewhat holding back Issho couldn't do the same in like 20 minutes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godhead

Godhead (from Middle English godhede, "godhood", and unrelated to the modern word "head"), may refer to:
Damn Godhede sounds like German Gottheit=deity.
English literally lost all its native words and replaced them with bootleg Latin, it's so damn sad😢

Last edited:
"War like minister of finance/agriculture/etc" "fierce minister of ...."

Does that sound better?

I'll translate this post for you guys: "I know that I'm wrong and I feel badass while being wrong".

I could tell you stories about my adventures as a Latin student and how literal Latin to German translations range from funny to straight gibberish.
The real problem here is that certain readers are obsessed with powerscaling so they cling to every little piece of hope and grasp at straws to wank their favourite characters and have the last word.

Yeah latin is probably the best example of this