Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I think it's sad that there are so many doubters, why do people not believe in Kizaru? He has what it takes, he's right about to unlock CoC after all these decades of world government servitude. Kizaru has had enough and so do we!
Support The Yellow Monkey now, stand with the defenders of freedom and follow a middle aged man discover his true self, defying the restrictions of patriarchy and corporate control!
What is there not to like about Monkey D. Kizaru??
:kayneshrug:

Refresh my memory
1. No flashback, we disagreed with you that it doesn't matter.
2. She was never the center of an arc.
3. Luffy never defeated her personal villain.
4. Most importantly, she was missing for 250 chapters in the arc where she was supposedly going to join. This was a dead giveaway to the rest of us

You can claim none of this matters, but we were right in the end.

With nothing but "Carrot won't join". Ok, but that's was not a reasonning, just a lucky guess
Armed with nothing but "Kizaru for nakama" we stand united, face to face with the world government. Our friendship activity ever so glowing, our nakamaship shining like the golden dawn. Luck is on our side fellas, no reasonable guesses stand against our victory!

Honestly, I do think people who still support Yamato have a decent point. She's in a unique position, having been invited to join and having said she still wants to join, if only she didn't have to protect Wano. It's not unreasonable to think she could still catch up later and join.
Yamato's position is
quite similar to Vivi's: both stayed behind to protect their country

Oh indeed, I remember those argurment, that I actually debunked.

1. No flashback, we disagreed with you that it doesn't matter.
First, I never said that a flashback doesn't matter I said that it was not necessary and I proved it. But for that you need to read what I said if not you can't understand my point.

2. She was never the center of an arc.
Which is not a requirement to join the crew, just a requierement to become a strawhat.

3. Luffy never defeated her personal villain.
Same.

But those two I actually take into account, so those are not argument that I debated. Those are just part of what make a strawhat a strawhat. I proved that there are not all there is.

4. Most importantly, she was missing for 250 chapters in the arc where she was supposedly going to join. This was a dead giveaway to the rest of us
This was indeed the only good argument and good reasonning.

Honestly, I do think people who still support Yamato have a decent point. She's in a unique position, having been invited to join and having said she still wants to join, if only she didn't have to protect Wano. It's not unreasonable to think she could still catch up later and join.
This would require an entirely new storyline but its possible.

Tthis is contradictory to what you just said. You said "it made no sence for her to be asked" and "Oda had no plan for her" do you really think Oda would just throw away a character like that to such a position ?
Yes, because Oda can easily do that if he doesn’t want to deal with a character anymore; find a reason to send them off without suddenly erasing them from the story. Rushed pacing can also cause decisions like these to be made, and Wano ended right after One Piece Film: Red released.

That's dumb, that Oden perso is part of Yamato's charact
I’ve stated this before in the past, I don’t like Yamato’s personality because it isn’t her personality to begin with. IIRC she went as far as to claim Momonosuke was her son when they first met. A dead man‘s son, mind you. The memory of his father’s death was still fresh in his mind when she did that.

I had a plan for Yamato’s character that could’ve worked to fix her. Have her join the Straw Hats, and overtime she would develop her own character after seeing the world with her own eyes. She’d drop the Oden persona after deciding to live life the way she wants to, and explore the places Oden didn’t write about in his logbook.

Something like that, anyway.

This won’t work very well if Yamato ends up joining near EoS, which could happen unless Oda goes back to Wano right after Egghead or Elbaf. We don’t know how many islands are left for the Straw Hats to go to but I’m sure there aren’t a whole lot that we haven’t already seen.

There’s no point in introducing a Straw Hat if there’s only one or two arcs left, which is why I think Vivi would work well. We’re already familiar with her, and we have been for years.

- There is no good reasonning in the opposite side, for example a recurring argument is "Kizaru is not fit to be a strawhat", which is wrong.
I don’t see any reason for an Admiral to join a pirate crew. If you put him next to the other Straw Hats, he’d be an odd fit. It’d be like trying to put a circle into a triangle box. I take this into account when I think about potential candidates.

Oh indeed, I remember those argurment, that I actually debunked.

First, I never said that a flashback doesn't matter I said that it was not necessary and I proved it. But for that you need to read what I said if not you can't understand my point.

Which is not a requirement to join the crew, just a requierement to become a strawhat.

Same.

But those two I actually take into account, so those are not argument that I debated. Those are just part of what make a strawhat a strawhat. I proved that there are not all there is.

This was indeed the only good argument and good reasonning.

This would require an entirely new storyline but its possible.
They were all good reasoning. You debunked nothing. We were proven right in the end.

As for Yamato, her story is wide open since she is only staying in Wano out of a sense of responsibility, which is against Momo's wishes and against her own dream. All that needs to happen is for Momo to find out that she lied about her reason for staying, or for Wano to become strong enough to protect itself.

Yamato's position is
quite similar to Vivi's: both stayed behind to protect their country
Not really. Vivi made the descision that she wanted. Her dream was to rule her people. Yamato stayed despite her dream just because Momo is too weak. Unlike Vivi, if the danger facing Yamato's country is gone, it makes sense for her to join the strawhats.

Yes, because Oda can easily do that if he doesn’t want to deal with a character anymore
Example ?

Rushed pacing can also cause decisions like these to be made
Wano was not rushed.

I’ve stated this before in the past, I don’t like Yamato’s personality because it isn’t her personality to begin with. IIRC she went as far as to claim Momonosuke was her son when they first met. A dead man‘s son, mind you. The memory of his father’s death was still fresh in his mind when she did that.

I had a plan for Yamato’s character that could’ve worked to fix her. Have her join the Straw Hats, and overtime she would develop her own character after seeing the world with her own eyes. She’d drop the Oden persona after deciding to live life the way she wants to, and explore the places Oden didn’t write about in his logbook.

Something like that, anyway.
That's her quirk therefore a personnality. The fact that you had a plan for her don't change that lol

There’s no point in introducing a Straw Hat if there’s only two arcs left
Why ?

You debunked nothing
Yes I did, you are just in denial lol

As for Yamato, her story is wide open since she is only staying in Wano out of a sense of responsibility
No, her story is finished, you should know this very well. The thread prepared for her were closed. The choices she had to make were made and the journey she had to take to discover herself was made. To recreate that Oda could start from where he left, but he would need to recreate entire storylines.

All that needs to happen is for Momo to find out that she lied about her reason for staying, or for Wano to become strong enough to protect itself.
That wouldn't change Yamato's character. For a new story to happen, something must happen to Yamato character on a basic level. You know, Need, desire, beliefs, weaknesses etc.

Her dream was to rule her people
It was never a dream. Its a responsibility.

No, her story is finished, you should know this very well. The thread prepared for her were closed. The choices she had to make were made and the journey she had to take to discover herself was made. To recreate that Oda could start from where he left, but he would need to recreate entire storylines
Carrot's story is finished, you should know this very well. The threads prepared for her were closed. The choices she had to make were made and the journey she had to take to discover herself was made. To recreate that Oda could start from where he left, but he would need to recreate entire storylines

Example ?

Wano was not rushed.

That's her quirk therefore a personnality. The fact that you had a plan for her don't change that lol

Why ?

Yes I did, you are just in denial lol

No, her story is finished, you should know this very well. The thread prepared for her were closed. The choices she had to make were made and the journey she had to take to discover herself was made. To recreate that Oda could start from where he left, but he would need to recreate entire storylines.

That wouldn't change Yamato's character. For a new story to happen, something must happen to Yamato character on a basic level. You know, Need, desire, beliefs, weaknesses etc.

It was never a dream. Its a responsibility.
You clearly don't understand Yamato's character arc. Since she didn't join, you assumed you're arguments were all correct, but they specifically adressed your theory that Yamato just wants to explore Wano and she admitted it was a lie because she knew Momo wouldn't let her stay if it was just to protect him.