Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade UPDATE: Confirmed! 09/04/2024

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
Double standards are the bread and butter of Yonko fans…but projection is also up there.

They were claiming that Luffy would one shot Kizaru in base, so when you call them out on it they leap to thinking you must mean that Kizaru would one shot him instead.

It’s like a form of insecurity, their afraid that their own standards, behaviours and tactics will be turned on them.
Double standards are the bread and butter of Admiral fans…but projection is also up there.

They were claiming that Ryokugyu's blade was black, so when you call them out on it with the anime they leap to saying that Toei animation is not canon and they do a lot of mistakes. They forget that all dark blades are not always black blades or that Oda himself does mistakes.

It’s like a form of insecurity, they're afraid that their own standards, behaviours and tactics will be turned on them.
Admiral fans this admiral fans that
Weren’t you the dude who spammed editor notes for god knows how long then played victim after

Literal cockroaches gaslighting online good lord
:rolaugh:
Get the context first before getting butthurt.

And by “reading” you mean “watching the non canon anime” since you literally have zero manga supported arguments and are just praying that Toei has specifically asked Oda about Ryokugyu’s sword lol.
Oh now the anime is non canon?
Even though you literally used an equally non canon (arguably more actually) figurine to prove he has a black blade
07/10/2023 An Official Figurine Depicts Ryokugyu with a Black Blade

Another Figurine from the same studio:

Yet another figuring from a completely separate figurine studio showing a black blade
Cut the shit man, you're just being a hypocrite and a liar at this point.

I genuinely, honestly, 100% no trolling believe they fucked up here. When Oda comes out and tells me Ryokugyu doesn’t have a black blade, I’ll concede. Until then, I will maintain that Toei is a bunch of retards as they have always been and fucked up Ryokugyu the same way they fucked up numerous other characters in the past. I shall not give up hope, all the arguments I made I still believe.
Holy Cope :milaugh:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Yes. Is this your first day here?

Even though you literally used an equally non canon (arguably more actually) figurine to prove he has a black blade
Except I never used the figurine as proof. The figurine was supporting evidence to all the other arguments I had made lol.

But shit as far as I’m concerned that figurine company is more credible than Toei animation at this point lol.

Double standards are the bread and butter of Admiral fans…but projection is also up there.

They were claiming that Ryokugyu's blade was black, so when you call them out on it with the anime they leap to saying that Toei animation is not canon and they do a lot of mistakes. They forget that all dark blades are not always black blades or that Oda himself does mistakes.

It’s like a form of insecurity, they're afraid that their own standards, behaviours and tactics will be turned on them.
Tbh, just to state again what I think, but you know since we have already discussed about this:

- Kakuju sword/wip was "black" in the manga because in the official coloring was red, not white.
Using black for a color like red is completely normal, what is not is using black to draw a completely white sword, like the anime did. In fact, I think it would be a first in a manga of 1100 chapters.
Again, if it was Green or Brown or Red (the blade), okay, but making it in white is...a first in all the manga, let's say that.

- you are right to quote that Kaido's scan, but the problem is: precisely because it was wrong, Oda changed it in the official volume, as he often does with things that are wrong.

However...Oda did not change anything about Ryo's blade in the volume, he did not correct it. Not in his presentation (a pretty fucking important scene, in which doing twice a clear error would-be amateurish at best) and not after when we shortly saw the sword again.

But that just to state again what I have already told.

We'll see.

Yes. Is this your first day here?

Except I never used the figurine as proof. The figurine was supporting evidence to all the other arguments I had made lol.

But shit as far as I’m concerned that figurine company is more credible than Toei animation at this point lol.
Proof, supporting evidence, what ever.
At the end of the day you're still using a non canon figurine while ignoring the anime because it doesn't fit your agenda.

True, cause at the end of the day, Laramaki came out looking like a scrub.
No, because he didn’t even use the thing. It makes no difference if it’s a normal sword or black blade because black blades don’t even matter. Roger & WB were doing just fine without. We simply haven’t seen it make a substantial difference.

I told you people wouldn’t like my comment
:madmonk:

No, because he didn’t even use the thing. It makes no difference if it’s a normal sword or black blade because black blades don’t even matter. Roger & WB we’re doing just fine without. We simply haven’t seen it make a substantial difference
Well, my point is not even about the black blade in this instance. When I say he looks like a scrub is due to his portrayal.

Having some creative freedoms when it comes to animating and adding new stuff that wasn't in the source material does not equate to changing a huge detail like a black blade. I don't really have a horse in this race since I don't really care that much, but you guys are grasping at straws here.
My problem with all of this is that I would find it...amateurish, to use a gentle word, for Oda to draw twice Ryo's blade as black, confirming everything in volume (so four times in total), but then say the sword is white.

We are not even talking about some third-tier scene: he draw the sword (and confirmed it in volume) during the full-page presentation of the last fucking Admiral.

I mean:

So explain to me how MULTIPLE figurine companies made the exact same error. Lol

It’s clearly a black blade, FuckUp animation actually drew Saint Shanks with two arms bro.
The black starts to show right in the middle of the blade. That's to give it a shading effect since that's where his coat starts covering it.

So explain to me how MULTIPLE figurine companies made the exact same error. Lol

It’s clearly a black blade, FuckUp animation actually drew Saint Shanks with two arms bro.
Again, your hypocrisy is showing.
And some how you're assuming this figurine company knows more than the anime does?
Post automatically merged:

Also the blade isn't even black in the figurine.

My problem with all of this is that I would find it...amateurish, to use a gentle word, for Oda to draw twice Ryo's blade as black, confirming everything in volume (so four times in total), but then say the sword is white.

We are not even talking about some third-tier scene: he draw the sword (and confirmed it in volume) during the full-page presentation of the last fucking Admiral.

I mean:
The shading in the manga is weird man. It just too much of a coincidence and everything rn is pointing to it being a normal white blade.

My point is there's no reason for them not to consult Oda about this, this shit is very important, more so than the usual stuff they animate.
It's the proper introduction of the new Admiral, and the first time we see him fight as well, plus he supposedly has a Black Blade, which is incredibly important and Oda always makes sure to emphasize that a character has that.
Why would they just take liberties on his blade color here? I can see that with the other examples, i.e King's wings and what not, as those aren't as important and the King thing was also just in an opening, but Aramaki's black blade would be way too important for them to just color it on their own.
In theory, I agree, but I find even more flabbergasted for Oda to have drawn the sword wrong four times, and by doing so even confirming it in volume.

And as I was saying not in a third-rate scene: the literal presentation of the last admiral, in which the sword is super-clearly visible.

Last edited:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
You're still nitpicking the shit they got wrong while ignoring all the shit they got right?
What shit did they get right? Queen’s hair color? Lol

So you’ve shown one thing they got right while we’ve shown 37 things they’ve got wrong in Wano alone, and you’re asking me to trust the animation studio who saw King’s black wings and thought they were white