Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My headcanon works just fine and it's not the sole reason but the primary reason. On the panels you provided it only mentions that Jinbei knows all there is to know about the waves. You assuming that Jinbei helming the ship is the only option to keep their distances from their pursuers is also headcanon.

Remove Carrot from the series and the plot unfold as is.

Pedro has dedicated most of his life helping to bring about the Dawn, so its fitting that his last words be related to it. Carrot is not involved into the Dawn more than she's engaged in Pedro's death. She was in both cases merely a spectator to attest of Pedro's final instants that's why Pedro's flashback and connection to Carrot was reported after his death and not showcased a single time in the story prior to it during the travel to WCI or on Zou because it doesn't affect or move Carrot's character in any way shape or form. Thus Carrot being inconsequential.
No, since Bavarois mentions that even with Perospero's Candy Sea Slug and their ship going at full speed, Jinbe's superior knowledge at helming prevented them from getting close. Him leaving that position would not have given the Sunny that advantage to arbitrarily take out an entire fleet while being pincered. As opposed to...just rip off the steering wheel and divert Daifuku's attention from the Sunny.

If you remove Carrot from the plot, this is what would happen when they arrive to Totland. Though you can make arguments in whatever way you want to imagine that Oda could have restructured what he had already portrayed:
  • Nami and Chopper would have been taken out early from Randolph (Carrot was the only one who noticed)
  • While you can make the argument that Chopper could have defeated Brulee and her homie minions, its debatable if he would have gotten Diesel (the character Carrot easily secured), who was the main source of transportation in the mirror world. He allowed them to get Pedro, Jinbe, and Nami as well as her drawings being used to identify said characters.
  • Her constant role as the lookout, which you can argue anyone could do, was the main way for the characters to be alert of incoming attacks so that they could focus on the job. Carrot so far is the only tag-a-long character that has intentionally performed a role on the ship with the crew consistently.
  • Her Sulong transformation straight up disabled Daifuku's fleet from pursuing the Sunny for a time so that the crew can continue their course forward.
Her character is basically a blank slate and it is odd Oda would make a tag-a-long character that completely disconnected from the plot moving forward. She wasn't the reason they went to WCI, she didn't have a previous history with the island, and she had no exposition to provide for that journey. For those reasons alone, she comes off as uninteresting and irrelevant. Her lack of meaningful interaction with Luffy also affirms this. However, its very odd that with the amount of time we've known her, a lot about her is never really addressed. Oda still consistently has her associated with the Straw Hats even now, despite there's no tangible reason why. This means Oda still wants her around. Her involvement can be easily ignored rather than actually addressed.

Last edited:
I'm not a carrot supporter as I think there is only one more Strawhat after Jinbei and I would prefer other characters like Law or Marco, but I gotta say, this argument is basically carrot supporters arguing with a brick wall.

I see supporters post dozens of panels and make several compelling arguments, and then detractors just go "your point is meaningless" without giving reasons why, and then repeat the argument that "all she has is furry tits".

Like at least provide counter arguments and present panels of your own. Honestly it's annoying to watch the people who are against Carrot basically argue by sticking their fingers in their ears and going "lalala I can't hear you".

No, since Bavarois mentions that even with Perospero's Candy Sea Slug and their ship going at full speed, Jinbe's superior knowledge at helming prevented them from getting close. Him leaving that position would not have given the Sunny that advantage to arbitrarily take out an entire fleet while being pincered. As opposed to...just rip off the steering wheel and divert Daifuku's attention from the Sunny.

If you remove Carrot from the plot, this is what would happen when they arrive to Totland. Though you can make arguments in whatever way you want to imagine that Oda could have restructured what he had already portrayed:
  • Nami and Chopper would have been taken out early from Randolph (Carrot was the only one who noticed)
  • While you can make the argument that Chopper could have defeated Brulee and her homie minions, its debatable if he would have gotten Diesel (the character Carrot easily secured), who was the main source of transportation in the mirror world. He allowed them to get Pedro, Jinbe, and Nami as well as her drawings being used to identify said characters.
  • Her constant role as the lookout, which you can argue anyone could do, was the main way for the characters to be alert of incoming attacks so that they could focus on the job. Carrot so far is the only tag-a-long character that has intentionally performed a role on the ship with the crew consistently.
  • Her Sulong transformation straight up disabled Daifuku's fleet from pursuing the Sunny for a time so that the crew can continue their course forward.
Her character is basically a blank slate and it is odd Oda would make a tag-a-long character that completely disconnected from the plot moving forward. She wasn't the reason they went to WCI, she didn't have a previous history with the island, and she had no exposition to provide for that journey. For those reasons alone, she comes off as uninteresting and irrelevant. Her lack of meaningful interaction with Luffy also affirms this. However, its very odd that with the amount of time we've known her, a lot about her is never really addressed. Oda still consistently has her associated with the Straw Hats even now, despite there's no tangible reason why. This means Oda still wants her around. Her involvement can be easily ignored rather than actually addressed.
I could refute your points endlessly and vice versa. However if i'm able to come up with a scenario for Carrot to be taken out of the plot with the events unfolding in a very similar fashion, Oda can adapt it in ten different variations effortlessly.

It's only odd if you make it odd. There was no valid basis for Komurasaki to not be Hiyori from the apparent contextual hints yet people thought it's Oda, its too straightfoward, there must be a deeper underlying plot twist. In Carrot's case, its the lack of hints(Oda's special attention writting) that makes her no more than what she already is, which is not much. I hate her because her entire character is a superficial blank slate.

I could refute your points endlessly and vice versa. However if i'm able to come up with a scenario for Carrot to be taken out of the plot with the events unfolding in a very similar fashion, Oda can adapt it in ten different variations effortlessly.

It's only odd if you make it odd. There was no valid basis for Komurasaki to not be Hiyori from the apparent contextual hints yet people thought it's Oda, its too straightfoward, there must be a deeper underlying plot twist. In Carrot's case, its the lack of hints(Oda's special attention writting) that makes her no more than what she already is, which is not much. I hate her because her entire character is a superficial blank slate.
Likewise, I could refute your points by pulling up pages from the story. Such as Jinbe being an adept helmsman was the sole reason why Bavarois and Perospero couldn't catch up to him. However, if you can contrive a way to remove Carrot's presence from the narrative, then it makes all the more sense that her presence is highly unusual. You're basically proving my point.

It is odd. Every side character serves a narrative point that binds the character to the arc at hand or incoming arc. The point of Komurasaki was that she was undercover, being a part of the family Orochi seemingly wiped out 2 decades ago. Since the prophecy of Toki, made for 20 years in the future, and Hiyori stayed behind and trained as geisha and used her beauty and status to steal money from criminals to the people of poverty in Wano. Also, she's Momonosuke's big (younger) sister. Carrot's case is unusual because she follows no typical convention and her constant association doesn't warrant comparisons when she doesn't even follow the trends of previous tag-a-longs. Why even bring up Komurasaki/Hiyori? Their characters are not even the same.

Carrot has a lot of unanswered questions for why Oda would constantly portray her with the crew despite the fact she seems like nobody important. Like one question is "where are Carrot's parents?" When Carrot disappeared from Zou, the only one who was seemingly concerned was Wanda and at no point does Wanda say she would ease her parents' concern for their disappeared daughter. Also, Carrot specifically said Wanda would be mad at her if she were to return to Zou, not her parents. Next, why is she a Kingsbird and why was she selected for that role? In case you have forgotten, Carrot is 15 years old. Wanda is 27 and is highly implied to be related to Inuarashi from her Vivre Card and because she possessed the country's royal dress, which she exchanged with Nami so her status is kinda validated. But Carrot? Why was she one? Next thing, Carrot's Vivre Card also highly implied that her mastery of Sulong at her age is very rare/unusual. When you see 27-year old Pekoms being unable to control his without the guidance of Pedro, its not hard to see why. Bit of trivia for ya, Carrot is the youngest known elite warrior on Zou, among both the Musketeers and Guardians. Another thing, why did Pedro even bother to oversee Carrot's training? He was a Guardian and she was being trained for swordsmanship under Shishilian for the Musketeers. The Dukes still had their feud during that time period so he shouldn't have been active by that time.

See? It's easy to analyze it. That's why I said that its weird that Oda never addresses Carrot's personal history. The fact Oda doesn't really elaborate on Carrot's status at all, yet continues to keep her around the Straw Hat crew is highly indicative that her role in the narrative isn't over yet. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

I mean by your logic you could remove half the characters in the story. If you can take out everything Carrot has done and just say if the situation was a little different someone else could have done it, you could do the same thing with Brook, Ussop or Chopper. You can't just say if they hypothetically changed the story a character wouldn't be necessary. The story wasn't changed and Carrot was the one who did those things. Trust me, I want to hear an argument that shows she likely won't be the final Strawhat, but this is not it.

Likewise, I could refute your points by pulling up pages from the story. Such as Jinbe being an adept helmsman was the sole reason why Bavarois and Perospero couldn't catch up to him. However, if you can contrive a way to remove Carrot's presence from the narrative, then it makes all the more sense that her presence is highly unusual. You're basically proving my point.

It is odd. Every side character serves a narrative point that binds the character to the arc at hand or incoming arc. The point of Komurasaki was that she was undercover, being a part of the family Orochi seemingly wiped out 2 decades ago. Since the prophecy of Toki, made for 20 years in the future, and Hiyori stayed behind and trained as geisha and used her beauty and status to steal money from criminals to the people of poverty in Wano. Also, she's Momonosuke's big (younger) sister. Carrot's case is unusual because she follows no typical convention and her constant association doesn't warrant comparisons when she doesn't even follow the trends of previous tag-a-longs. Why even bring up Komurasaki/Hiyori? Their characters are not even the same.

Carrot has a lot of unanswered questions for why Oda would constantly portray her with the crew despite the fact she seems like nobody important. Like one question is "where are Carrot's parents?" When Carrot disappeared from Zou, the only one who was seemingly concerned was Wanda and at no point does Wanda say she would ease her parents' concern for their disappeared daughter. Also, Carrot specifically said Wanda would be mad at her if she were to return to Zou, not her parents. Next, why is she a Kingsbird and why was she selected for that role? In case you have forgotten, Carrot is 15 years old. Wanda is 27 and is highly implied to be related to Inuarashi from her Vivre Card and because she possessed the country's royal dress, which she exchanged with Nami so her status is kinda validated. But Carrot? Why was she one? Next thing, Carrot's Vivre Card also highly implied that her mastery of Sulong at her age is very rare/unusual. When you see 27-year old Pekoms being unable to control his without the guidance of Pedro, its not hard to see why. Bit of trivia for ya, Carrot is the youngest known elite warrior on Zou, compared to both the Musketeers and Guardians. Another thing, why did Pedro even bother to oversee Carrot's training? He was a Guardian and she was being trained for swordsmanship under Shishilian for the Musketeers. The Dukes still had their feud during that that time period so he shouldn't have been active by that time.

See? It's easy to analyze it. That's why I said that its weird that Oda never addresses Carrot's personal history. The fact Oda doesn't really elaborate on Carrot's status at all, yet continues to keep her around the Straw Hat crew is highly indicative that her role in the narrative isn't over yet. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
As i said, Jinbei could have instructed Nami how to navigate the waves for a little 5 minutes and Big Mom wouldn't have caught either in that small amount of time. Jinbei helming the ship at that time wasn't the only option, so Carrot isn't essential in any way. Her presence isn't unusual at all if you recognize her exclusive role of cute mink mascot.

Again, its odd only if you make it odd or want it to be due to bias of wanting Carrot to join the crew. What binds her to each arc is because she's a mink and they are in an alliance with the Strawhats to defeat Kaido, no further motives are required. I'm not comparing their characters, i'm making an analogy to Oda's intricate level of writting and the Carrot fans versus the One Piece fans false expectations. Not everything Oda writes need a greater outcome.

I don't see why Carrot's parents matter. Was it important to learn who Neko and Inu's parents were in Oden's flashback, no. They just randomly drifted to Wano cause plot demanded it. Or Bepo and Zepo's family after Bepo has been away from Zou for so long?

She's a talented young mink who has great prospects to become as strong as Pedro and earn his rank in the future, it makes sense that she would be a kingsbird under Wanda who is also her caretaker. She's basicly a young Pedro. Nothing more nothing less.
Post automatically merged:

I mean by your logic you could remove half the characters in the story. If you can take out everything Carrot has done and just say if the situation was a little different someone else could have done it, you could do the same thing with Brook, Ussop or Chopper. You can't just say if they hypothetically changed the story a character wouldn't be necessary. The story wasn't changed and Carrot was the one who did those things. Trust me, I want to hear an argument that shows she likely won't be the final Strawhat, but this is not it.
My reasoning is always in the circumstances of joining the Strawhat crew, you can't have an insignificant character like Carrot join the crew. It has to be someone well integrated into the story that Oda has put a considerable amount of thoughts and efforts in it.

Last edited:
As i said, Jinbei could have instructed Nami how to navigate the waves for a little 5 minutes and Big Mom wouldn't have caught either in that small amount of time. Jinbei helming the ship at that time wasn't the only option, so Carrot isn't essential in any way. Her presence isn't unusual at all if you recognize her exclusive role of cute mink mascot.

Again, its odd only if you make it odd or want it to be due to bias of wanting Carrot to join the crew. What binds her to each arc is because she's a mink and they are in an alliance with the Strawhats to defeat Kaido, no further motives are required. I'm not comparing their characters, i'm making an analogy to Oda's intricate level of writting and the Carrot fans versus the One Piece fans false expectations. Not everything Oda writes need a greater outcome.

I don't see why Carrot's parents matter. Was it important to learn who Neko and Inu's parents were in Oden's flashback, no. They just randomly drifted to Wano cause plot demanded it. Or Bepo and Zepo's family after Bepo has been away from Zou for so long?

She's a talented young mink who has great prospects to become as strong as Pedro and earn his rank in the future, it makes sense that she would be a kingsbird under Wanda who is also her caretaker. She's basicly a young Pedro. Nothing more nothing less.
Once again, your head canon. The reason that the Sunny was ahead was because of Jinbe. Regardless of the length of time, it would have put them at risk of Bavarois' fleet along with Big Mom and Perospero from catching up. You basically are just conjuring a scenario with no basis as opposed to the thing that is specifically given to you in-narrative. Hence, it's head canon. You think Nami could do what Jinbe has done?

The reason its odd that Carrot is involved is strictly because she wasn't supposed to be there. She wasn't the Mink representative, Pedro was. Go back and read Chapter 822. I can even provide you the pages so you won't conjure up some excuse.

Pedro was the Mink representative and he was selected by Nekomamushi because he was the only one who could calm down Pekoms in the case of a full moon. Pekoms was their guide into Totland as well as the person who would help bypass Big Mom's security. Carrot wasn't the "representative" because her inclusion wasn't necessary.

But guess what happened...
Carrot showed up unannounced.

Ignoring the narrative for a bunch of things you can easily construe to push your own bias is what allows you to say "Jinbei could have instructed Nami how to navigate the waves for a little 5 minutes and Big Mom wouldn't have caught either in that small amount of time" when in reality Big Mom was hot on their trail.

Carrot's overall purpose in the story doesn't justify why she's still here and why she continues to be featured as a Straw Hat rather than the Mink Musketeer she's known as. She does everything of her own volition independent of the plot and how her character arc of the "Dawn of the World" resolves itself is something that is needed for closure to her character.

And the reason the little details matter is because if you actually don't read the story, you can't fully contextualize situations. It's the reason for why you can infer to a hidden narrative not explored. And it is those questions that lead to plot threads that you may not expect. It's why we make up theories. Just dismissing those facts just means you're ignoring it.

For instance, July of last year (2019), I already predicted who the traitor was. Instead of ridiculous head canon of Bariette, Carrot, or Shinobu here's the reasoning I provided for who and why I believed the traitor actually was. You can now have hindsight bias and say it was obvious, but it apparently wasn't for a lot of people. I did this by actually reading the story and making inquiries.

You should go back and read.

Last edited:
Once again, your head canon. The reason that the Sunny was ahead was because of Jinbe. Regardless of the length of time, it would have put them at risk of Bavarois' fleet along with Big Mom and Perospero from catching up. You basically are just conjuring a scenario with no basis as opposed to the thing that is specifically given to you in-narrative. Hence, it's head canon. You think Nami could do what Jinbe has done?

The reason its odd that Carrot is involved is strictly because she wasn't supposed to be there. She wasn't the Mink representative, Pedro was. Go back and read Chapter 822. I can even provide you the pages so you won't conjure up some excuse.

Pedro was the Mink representative and he was selected by Nekomamushi because he was the only one who could calm down Pekoms in the case of a full moon. Pekoms was their guide into Totland as well as the person who would help bypass Big Mom's security. Carrot wasn't the "representative" because her inclusion wasn't necessary.

But guess what happened...
Carrot showed up unannounced.

Ignoring the narrative for a bunch of things you can easily construe to push your own bias is what allows you to say "Jinbei could have instructed Nami how to navigate the waves for a little 5 minutes and Big Mom wouldn't have caught either in that small amount of time" when in reality Big Mom was hot on their trail.

Carrot's overall purpose in the story doesn't justify why she's still here and why she continues to be featured as a Straw Hat rather than the Mink Musketeer she's known as. She does everything of her own volition independent of the plot and how her character arc of the "Dawn of the World" resolves itself is something that is needed for closure to her character.

And the reason the little details matter is because if you actually don't read the story, you can't fully contextualize situations. It's the reason for why you can infer to a hidden narrative not explored. And it is those questions that lead to plot threads that you may not expect. It's why we make up theories. Just dismissing those facts just means you're ignoring it.

For instance, July of last year (2019), I already predicted who the traitor was. Instead of ridiculous head canon of Bariette, Carrot, or Shinobu here's the reasoning I provided for who and why I believed the traitor actually was. You can now have hindsight bias and say it was obvious, but it apparently wasn't for a lot of people. I did this by actually reading the story and making inquiries.

You should go back and read.
You speak of '' head canon '' as it negates my point, but it doesn't. I'm giving you my opinion. You thinking that Jinbei is the only option available is a result of your narrow mindedness '' head canon '', as it was never specified word for word that Jinbei is the one who has to be at the helm at all time and can't give tips to others to sail through normal waves faster than usual. It's as if Nami wasn't allowed to read Sanji's recipes while he wasn't there, it's not the real thing but it gives a good alternative.

Pedro is the formal in story secondary representative if you will, althought he wasn't intended to appeal to the One Piece readers. Hence Carrot being the informal in story primary representative of the whole mink tribe to appeal the fanbase.

Big Mom was hot on their trail for 15 chapters, yeah no.

Carrot's purpose is to appeal to her average fans, and she carrying out that role perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You speak of '' head canon '' as it negates my point, but it doesn't. I'm giving you my opinion. You thinking that Jinbei is the only option available is a result of your narrow mindedness '' head canon '', as it was never specified word for word that Jinbei is the one who has to be at the helm at all time and can't give tips to others to sail through normal waves faster than usual. It's as if Nami wasn't allowed to read Sanji's recipes while he wasn't there, it's not the real thing but it gives a good alternative.

Pedro is the formal in story secondary representative if you will, althought he wasn't intended to appeal to the One Piece readers. Hence Carrot being the informal in story primary representative of the whole mink tribe to appeal the fanbase.

Big Mom was hot on their trail for 15 chapters, yeah no.

Carrot's purpose is to appeal to her numbskull average fans, and she carrying out that role perfectly.
Yeah, your head canon is purely opinion since the in-story narrative showed that was not possible. It's not narrow mindedness, its what was shown. You're just deciding to ignore what was present to say whatever you want under the guise of alternatives to the situation that was already depicted to be not possible.

Pedro was the Mink representative. He had the motivation going into Whole Cake Island, he had a reason to go there, he had a personal history with Big Mom, and he had a tragic past associated with it. Carrot, in case you didn't notice, had no priority over the situation in Totland. Her inclusion wasn't being an "informal" story primary representative because she offered no exposition that would have progressed the central plot forward during Whole Cake Island. Saying she was included to appeal the fanbase is your head canon because its based on nothing other than your bias. Just like saying Jinbe would give up the wheel to take care of a situation that was suddenly present when Big Mom was chasing them down very closely also ignoring the Sunny only had the lead because Jinbe was steering it. Yeah, no.

You should go and actually read the story.

Last edited:
Yeah, your head canon is purely opinion since the in-story narrative showed that was not possible. It's not narrow mindedness, its what was shown. You're just deciding to ignore what was present to say whatever you want under the guise of alternatives to the situation that was already depicted.

Pedro was the Mink representative. He had the motivation going into Whole Cake Island, he had a reason to go there, he had a personal history with Big Mom, and he had a tragic past associated with it. Carrot, in case you didn't notice, had no priority over the situation in Totland. Her inclusion wasn't being an "informal" story primary representative because she offered no exposition that would have progressed the central plot forward during Whole Cake Island. Saying she was included to appeal the fanbase is your head canon because its based on nothing other than your bias. Just like saying Jinbe would give up the wheel to take care of a situation that was suddenly present when Big Mom was chasing them down very closely also ignoring the Sunny only had the lead because Jinbe was steering it.

Yeah, you should go and read.
Actually in-story narrative didn't show that was not possible that's conjecture.

Pedro was the '' formal '' mink representative, but not the mink intended by Oda to appeal to most of his audience, as cute female furry sells more than a male furry in his thirties. Since Oda killed Pedro in WCI, his original intention was clearly to position Carrot as the primary mink representative. Again Carrot's role isn't plot contrived if her job is to be the cute furry mascot. Well Carrot's character is irrelevant so far and if she was removed from the plot nothing would change at all so. I don't know how to say it in other terms, she's useless.

She went from being overshadowed by Wanda in Zou to overshadowed by Pedro on the way to and at WCI to overshadowed by Chopper to overshadowed by Pedro's death to overshadowed by Sulong's introduction to overshadowed by Sanji to overshadowed by Wano's plot in the first acts to being overshadowed in the Onigashima War. Yeah Carrot wins the title of ''background character with the most panel time in the story ''.

Actually in-story narrative didn't show that was not possible that's conjecture.

Pedro was the '' formal '' mink representative, but not the mink intended by Oda to appeal to most of his audience, as cute female furry sells more than a male furry in his thirties. Since Oda killed Pedro in WCI, his original intention was clearly to position Carrot as the primary mink representative. Again Carrot's role isn't plot contrived if her job is to be the cute furry mascot. Well Carrot's character is irrelevant so far and if she was removed from the plot nothing would change at all so. I don't know how to say it in other terms, she's useless.

She went from being overshadowed by Wanda in Zou to overshadowed by Pedro on the way to and at WCI to overshadowed by Chopper to overshadowed by Pedro's death to overshadowed by Sulong's introduction to overshadowed by Sanji to overshadowed by Wano's plot in the first acts to being overshadowed in the Onigashima War. Yeah Carrot wins the title of ''background character with the most panel time in the story ''.
It did. I just showed you. As I have said before, you're ignoring what was shown. And as I have also said, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Once again, this is nothing more than headcanon. Pedro was the main Mink representative and he had several reasons to be present for what and where he was. Now, you said Oda made Carrot to appeal to a demographic you are pulling from no sources, no information, and pure bias. See why I call it head canon? It's based on nothing but your opinion. Tell me a time where Oda had tag-a-long character that did not have priority to the plotline that was entirely dependent on their situation in the arc at hand and required the crew's help to accomplish that for personal reasons or used for expository reasons?

Despite this, Oda continues to have her around. She continues with the crew and has done so for years. Oda is not one to include characters for no reason, especially if they are with the Straw Hats. The only one even implying that is you.

You should actually read the story.

Last edited:
It did. I just showed you. As I have said before, you're ignoring what was shown. And as I have also said, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Once again, this is nothing more than headcanon. Pedro was the main representative and he had several reasons to be present for what and where he was. Now, you said Oda made Carrot to appeal to a demographic you are pulling from no sources, no information, and pure bias. See why I call it head canon? Tell me a time where Oda had tag-a-long character that did not have a plotline that was entirely dependent on their situation at hand and required the crew's help to accomplish that?

Despite this, Oda continues to have her around. She continues with the crew and has done so for years. Oda is not one to include characters for no reason. The only one even implying that is you.

You showed me that Jinbei was at the helm of Sunny, you showed me that it was due to Jinbei's knowledge of the sea and waves that they were staying ahead of Big Mom. You didn't show me where its mentioned that Jinbei can't transmit part of his knowledge to navigate the ship on normal sea waves faster. Nothing indicate that it can't be done, just as Nami can reproduce Sanji's recipes when he's not on the Sunny.

It's not headcanon because Carrot has way more panel time than Pedro for Oda had the plan from the get go to put Carrot as the mink representative. The evidence is that she's been irrelevant from the moment she was introduced to present time Onigashima.
Tilestone, Peepley Lulu?

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Oda could have nothing major in store for Carrot, if she's just meant to be a background character or a lure for the next female Strawhat.

Post automatically merged:

My reasoning is always in the circumstances of joining the Strawhat crew, you can't have an insignificant character like Carrot join the crew. It has to be someone well integrated into the story that Oda has put a considerable amount of thoughts and efforts in it.
How exactly was Brook significant when he joined? He literally hadn't spoken a single word when he was invited. And Thriller Bark as a whole could have been done without him. The rumbar pirates flashback had no bearing on the current story (and only happened moments before he joined the crew) and he didn't accomplish anything even slightly significant on Thriller Bark. His only use there was telling the crew that salt was the zombies weakness, which could have been swapped for Luffy accidentally discovering it while trying to salt some meat he found or something. Brook was completely insignificant and unnecessary, but he was strangely present and prominent anyway, just like Carrot. To be clear, none of this is to hate on Brook. He's actually my favorite One Piece character.

You showed me that Jinbei was at the helm of Sunny, you showed me that it was due to Jinbei's knowledge of the sea and waves that they were staying ahead of Big Mom. You didn't show me where its mentioned that Jinbei can't transmit part of his knowledge to navigate the ship on normal sea waves faster. Nothing indicate that it can't be done, just as Nami can reproduce Sanji's recipes when he's not on the Sunny.

It's not headcanon because Carrot has way more panel time than Pedro for Oda had the plan from the get go to put Carrot as the mink representative. The evidence is that she's been irrelevant from the moment she was introduced to present time Onigashima.
Tilestone, Peepley Lulu?

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Oda could have nothing major in store for Carrot, if she's just meant to be a background character or a lure for the next female Strawhat.
No, but what I can show you was that only Jinbe had the ability to do what he had done. Even trying to imply he could relay the information to Nami when her main job was navigating the Sunny to get to Caocao Island showed that it couldn't be feasibly done. Her job is to be a navigator, not a last minute helmsman.

There's a mutual relationship between navigator and helmsman. Saying Jinbe could have relayed to her information and experience he has known for years with more knowledge on how to properly handle the ship at the last moment as they're encountering a pincer between Daifuku's fleet and Big Mom behind, as I mentioned, is nothing more than head canon. Nami already knew how to cook, but she can't cook at the quality of Sanji. You want to know why? Because he's a master chef, Nami will never replicate his skill in a short timeframe just because she followed his recipe book.

It is head canon because you're basing this off nothing concrete outside of your opinon. And the people you just mentioned were all members under the Galley-La company, led by Paulie, their own faction. Where is Carrot right now? Oh yeah, with the Straw Hat Pirates.

You're conjuring information that has nothing concrete from the story outside of your opinions. That's why I call it head canon. You say he has no plans for her, yet she's still present. She's not in the background on the raid and is on the forefront above any Mink so far, still accompanying the Straw Hats. Meaning her value is above others among her tribe for currently unknown reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.