Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh i never said that Nami could read the currents, i even mentioned many times in my comments that she doesn't need to learn Jinbei's skills, he simply needs to tell her the set of instructions to follow while he goes under water. Everyone who has never helmed a ship can helm a ship and Nami is smart so it wouldn't be a problem.

And the evidence you showed doesn't mention that Jinbei at the helm is the only option, it's the main reason yes but not only option(especially considering they are sailing through normal sea waves and not a Tsunami) . You're appropriating yourself the panels and twisting their narrative your way when nothing negates my hypothesis. Where does it say in the manga that Jinbei can't give a set of directions and sea currents position to Nami, then go out a couple minute and come back. Nami gave indications to Jinbei for the wind, Jinbei can do the same for sea currents and stirring so she can replace him for a short period of time. My reasoning is perfectly logical, prove me otherwise. It's hard to accept that Carrot is a useless character
And once again, that's your head canon, based on nothing. Because as I said, Nami has never helmed the ship and she was the one who was navigating his course of direction. Not only that, his skill at the helm was the only reason the Sanji Retrieval Team was able to evade Big Mom. You're creating a scenario that doesn't exist and has no basis because it was never shown in the story.

Nothing I have posted twists the narrative. If anything, it proves the points I am making. You on the other hand haven't and can only make hypothetical claims when the story has shown that wasn't possible. Not only that, you show no evidence for such claims. What you're doing is ignoring the story as it was told because you want things to appeal to your head canon, your "opinion." Since you cannot post what actually happened, you can make up anything you want under the guise of hypothetical "options." Because in the narrative, they didn't exist. Therefore, if you twist the story apart from what Oda showed, it makes perfect sense.

And once again, that's your head canon, based on nothing. Because as I said, Nami has never helmed the ship and she was the one who was navigating his course of direction. Not only that, his skill at the helm was the only reason the Sanji Retrieval Team was able to evade Big Mom. You're creating a scenario that doesn't exist and has no basis because it was never shown in the story.

Nothing I have posted twists the narrative. If anything, it proves the points I am making. You on the other hand haven't and can only make hypothetical claims when the story has shown that wasn't possible. Not only that, you show no evidence for such claims. What you're doing is ignoring the story as it was told because you want things to appeal to your head canon, your "opinion." Since you cannot post what actually happened, you can make up anything you want under the guise of hypothetical "options."
You seem like a wanker tha would suggest Vista the world second greatest swordman should join the straw hats

Seriously u could find a better musician than brook, let alone be funnier. Lol u carrotards are either inane or insane
First off, agreed on Brook. He is the funniest character in One Piece.

But you didn't even address my argument. And you called me a Carrotard even though I don't like Carrot.

My mindset is that there's one Strawhat after Jinbei based on Luffy's comment at the beginning of wanting 10 crew members, and I want it to be Law or Marco (ideally Marco). Carrot is literally the biggest obstacle to that happening. I'm biased in the other direction. I just think she's one of the top contenders if you look at it logically.

The back and forth here is a perfect example of why I think Carrot is likely to join the crew despite my bias. People saying they think Carrot will join are making solid arguments and showing panels as proof, and the people who say she won't are giving responses like yours. Just going "that's stupid" or "that's meaningless", providing no counter argument, and spewing insults.

If someone actually presents a decent argument against Carrot I'll be happy to hear it because it would increase Marco's chances, but ya'll are just deflecting and pulling arguments out of your asses to try and disprove it. You're blinded by bias.

Nothing I have posted twists the narrative. If anything, it proves the points I am making. You on the other hand haven't and can only make hypothetical claims when the story has shown that wasn't possible. Not only that, you show no evidence for such claims. What you're doing is ignoring the story as it was told because you want things to appeal to your head canon, your "opinion." Since you cannot post what actually happened, you can make up anything you want under the guise of hypothetical "options." Because in the narrative, they didn't exist. Therefore, if you twist the story apart from what Oda showed, it makes perfect sense.
Your refusal of my head canon is based on nothing as well, the difference is that im making logical assessments and you're simply refusing while giving manga evidences that disprove nothing. I'm allowed to extrapolate. It's not complicated at all, Carrot is a useless and irrelevant character. Important characters affect the plot, she doesn't because she's not important.

Again anyone can helm a ship, it's as common as lookout.

I mean if there's a scenario where Sulong Carrot wasn't necessary, i will bring it up cause her whole character so far has been unecessary.
It's like a cool female version of Tilestone was with the Strawhats for 3 arcs in a row with no progression.

Your refusal of my head canon is based on nothing as well, the difference is that im making logical assessments and you're simply refusing while giving manga evidences that disprove nothing. I'm allowed to extrapolate. It's not complicated at all, Carrot is a useless and irrelevant character. Important characters affect the plot, she doesn't because she's not important.

Again anyone can helm a ship, it's as common as lookout.

I mean if there's a scenario where Sulong Carrot wasn't necessary, i will bring it up cause her whole character so far has been unecessary.
It's like a cool female version of Tilestone was with the Strawhats for 3 arcs in a row with no progression.
Except my refutation of your head canon has been substantiated by the story, numerous times. Saying Nami can helm the ship with advice from Jinbe when she has never helmed the ship in the series is construing a scenario that never was possible outside of your hypothetical scenario. There's nothing logical with your assessment if it never happened in the narrative, nor can you prove it if it was possible it could happen in the narrative if you don't have proof. All you're doing is ignoring what actually transpired to push a narrative that never existed to make a character irrelevant. I'd rather you learn to read the story than make hypothetical scenarios that defies what actually happened.

Last edited:
Except my refutation of your head canon has been substantiated by the story, numerous times. Saying Nami can helm the ship with advice from Jinbe when she has never helmed the ship in the series is construing a scenario that never was possible outside of your hypothetical scenario. There's nothing logical with your assessment if it never happened in the narrative, nor can you prove it if it was possible it could happen in the narrative if you don't have proof. All you're doing is ignoring what actually transpired to push a narrative that never existed to make a character irrelevant. I'd rather you learn to read the story than make hypothetical scenarios that defies what actually happened.
Biased Carrot fans won't admit it cause they are in denial towards her but she is truly a irrelevant character.

I'm not going to entertain the idea that a genius like Nami can't helm a ship so that you can protect your Carrot for Nakama narrative. It's diminishing Nami as a character. She's been sailing on her own since she was 9. Can't you bring better excuses for Carrot to not end up being a useless character. Well everyone who got a head on their shoulders know she's a filler character or the cute mink mascot take your pick.

Biased Carrot fans won't admit it cause they are in denial towards her but she is truly a irrelevant character.

I'm not going to entertain the idea that a genius like Nami can't helm a ship so that you can protect your Carrot for Nakama narrative. It's diminishing Nami as a character. She's been sailing on her own since she was 9. Can't you bring better excuses for Carrot to not end up being a useless character. Well everyone who got a head on their shoulders know she's a filler character or the cute mink mascot take your pick.
You're not going to entertain it because it never was a possibility. Because it never happened in the story. And it's because all you can do is make hypothetical scenarios that removes a character from the narrative to make them irrelevant rather than use the story presented to you to assert your claims. The fact is Nami has never steered the wheel once in the story. Construing an argument under an assumption doesn't prove anything. It's a head canon, your "opinion" apparently.

I and many others have said our piece on the matter, you're just ignoring it. Maybe you weren't reading it because you were too busy making hypothetical "options."

Last edited:
You're not going to entertain it because it never was a possibility. Because it never happened in the story. And it's because all you can do is make hypothetical scenarios that removes a character from the narrative to make them irrelevant rather than use the story presented to you to assert your claims. The fact is Nami has never steered the wheel once in the story. Construing an argument under an assumption doesn't prove anything. It's a head canon, your "opinion" apparently.

I and many others have said our piece on the matter. Maybe you weren't reading it because you were to busy making hypothetical "options."
Nami isn't a static character like Carrot so she can take the helm of the ship as the navigator if she wants to. Now, i provided a logical hypothesis on how if Carrot was removed from the plot nothing would change because she's irrelevant. Tell me that you disagree instead of coming up with non sense.

Nami isn't a static character like Carrot so she can take the helm of the ship as the navigator if she wants to. Now, i provided a logical hypothesis on how if Carrot was removed from the plot nothing would change because she's irrelevant. Tell me that you disagree instead of coming up with non sense.
Nami has never steered the ship in the entirety of the story, which is where your initial claim that Jinbe could show her at the last minute while he goes of to deal with Daifuku's fleet pincering them as Big Mom and Bavarois' fleet was hot on their trail and Jinbe was the only one who could sail the ship efficiently to prevent them from getting close came from. You're creating a narrative that never has existed in the story, only using your head canon to justify as so, all the while making a hypothetical scenario of what could happen when removing a character to make them irrelevant even though you have made many factually incorrect claims doing so.

Considering you can't ascertain your claim that Nami can even steer the ship because she has never done so in the story, I think the only one talking nonsense here is you.

Last edited:
Nami has never steered the ship in the entirety of the story, which is where your initial claim that Jinbe could show her at the last minute while he goes of to deal with Daifuku's fleet pincering them as Big Mom and Bavarois' fleet was hot on their trail and Jinbe was the only one who could sail the ship efficiently to prevent them from getting close came from. You're creating a narrative that never has existed in the story, only using your head canon to justify as so, all the while making a hypothetical scenario of what could happen when removing a character to make them irrelevant even though you have made many factually incorrect claims doing so.

Considering you can't ascertain your claim that Nami can even steer the ship because she has never done so in the story, I think the only one talking nonsense here is you.
So this will be my last comment on Carrot until she does nothing in the story again, i will then come back to bash this useless filler character some more. In theory i'm suppose to end your life with my response but i doubt it will cause Carrot fans are beyond fake.

Here we go, Carrot as a character is completely irrelevant. My basis for that? Important characters affect the plot in meaningful ways. Hence if you remove Carrot from the story nothing changes. For example, the scene where Carrot disabled Daifuku's fleet in Sulong form, arguably Carrot's most notorious moment, can be easily replaced by Jinbei going in her stead and prior to going underwater he can give a set of directives to Nami on where to stirr the ship, at which interval and identifying the sea currents just like Nami pointed out where the wind was coming from and to. Finally Nami can take the helm of the Sunny as she's a brilliant navigator. How?

In story evidence establish by indirect proof that Nami can helm a ship as she took Merry to Arlong Park on her own.

Indirect proof : Instead of showing that the conclusion to be proved is true, you show that all of the alternatives are false. To do this, you must assume the negation of the statement to be proved. Then, deductive reasoning will lead to a contradiction: two statements that cannot both be true.

The Contradiction - Statement 1 - Nami can't helm Merry - statement 2 - Nami sailed Merry to Arlong Park

Now how Carrot for Nakama theories are all fake and contrived? Carrot being with the Strawhats is not an argument for her to join, why? It's an association fallacy

Association fallacy : An association fallacy is an informal inductive fallacy of the hasty generalization or red herring type and which asserts, by irrelevant association and often by appeal to emotion, that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another. Two types of association fallacies are sometimes referred to as guilt by association and honor by association.

Carrot is guilty of becoming the next Strawhat female because she's with them(association). That's a false premise and non argument.

So this will be my last comment on Carrot until she does nothing in the story again, i will then come back to bash this useless filler character some more. In theory i'm suppose to end your life with my response but i doubt it will cause Carrot fans are beyond fake.

Here we go, Carrot as a character is completely irrelevant. My basis for that? Important characters affect the plot in meaningful ways. Hence if you remove Carrot from the story nothing changes. For example, the scene where Carrot disabled Daifuku's fleet in Sulong form, arguably Carrot's most notorious moment, can be easily replaced by Jinbei going in her stead and prior to going underwater he can give a set of directives to Nami on where to stirr the ship, at which interval and identifying the sea currents just like Nami pointed out where the wind was coming from and to. Finally Nami can take the helm of the Sunny as she's a brilliant navigator. How?

In story evidence establish by indirect proof that Nami can helm a ship as she took Merry to Arlong Park on her own.

Indirect proof : Instead of showing that the conclusion to be proved is true, you show that all of the alternatives are false. To do this, you must assume the negation of the statement to be proved. Then, deductive reasoning will lead to a contradiction: two statements that cannot both be true.

The Contradiction - Statement 1 - Nami can't helm Merry - statement 2 - Nami sailed Merry to Arlong Park

Now how Carrot for Nakama theories are all fake and contrived? Carrot being with the Strawhats is not an argument for her to join, why? It's an association fallacy

Association fallacy : An association fallacy is an informal inductive fallacy of the hasty generalization or red herring type and which asserts, by irrelevant association and often by appeal to emotion, that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another. Two types of association fallacies are sometimes referred to as guilt by association and honor by association.

Carrot is guilty of becoming the next Strawhat female because she's with them(association). That's a false premise and non argument.
I hope you read the story, so let me refute what you just said:

Carrot is a character that is a complete anomaly in the story. She travels with the crew for unknown reasons outside the sake of adventure. Her cause and actions throughout Whole Cake Island were completely independent from the arc at hand, and it will be so again now that we're in Wano, so it raises awareness that her inclusion among the crew is unusual as most tag-a-long characters tend to be plot relevant, as was the case with Pedro and Pekoms. Oda wouldn't add her for no reason, especially with strictly the Straw Hat crew, and the simple fact you can't justify that outside of bias proves that.

Also, steering the ship to Cocoyashi Village is never shown. Nami uses the sail winds to move, never the wheel. This has been shown since her introduction in the series. Since you are making an implication without showing evidence, that falls into head canon territory once again.

Your alternative takes are false because nowhere in the narrative indicates that the scenario you proposed was probable in ANY circumstance outside of what you construed because what you did was literally change plot elements to make your case reasonable when that was outside the realm of possibility. As was posted numerous times. All those times, you ignored. Jinbe can take less time to disable the fleet? Nami can steer the ship as Big Mom approaches when it was Jinbe who gave them the head start? Jinbe can relay information last minute as Daifuku was going to attack? Nami can both navigate AND steer? Where is the proof from the story that you can show instead of pulling things from your head canon? It's a suspension of disbelief because in the story, that wouldn't make sense. Henceforth, you're providing a scenario that is completely ignoring the narrative for the sake of proving a point.

Carrot, meanwhile, is still with the Straw Hats, despite having no reason to follow them over her military leader Shishilian. That would raise questions as to what narrative purpose there is for her involvement. However, you propose that her presence and mere association with the crew is false and irrelevant despite the fact Oda has never done so with a character that has sailed with the Straw Hats. Especially for as long as she has. You are pulling literary terms that don't, once again, have basis, when you ignore the structure that has been shown in the series. You'd rather make a contrived, hypothetical scenario than view the plot as it is.

Instead of making hypothetical claims, how about you actually use the narrative? Instead of making things up, back your claims with what is shown? Instead of making bias remarks, how about you state something objective? Because all you're doing is pulling up information and stating things without any real basis, as I've said many times. I can pull up the list of things you have said wrong during this entire conversation and interpretations of events you construed that made absolutely no sense in the narrative. How about you read One Piece again? Instead of reading up to 40-60 chapters of seeing Nami on a boat and using that as an excuse that she replicate Jinbe's skill to steer the Sunny when she has, as I quote, "never has touched the wheel this entire story," how about making logical claims? It will fare you better in the long run than hypothetical "options."

And don't worry, by the time you come back, there'll be more to talk about. I'll wait.

Last edited:
Why so much Carrot-hate in this threat?
It's an on-going debate. Some people can't acknowledge her status in the story without bias and ignore the things she's actually done in the story as useless because she's not plot-relevant. We've stated many times that makes her inclusion with specifically the Straw Hats an anomaly as no previous tag-a-long would do so without a narrative purpose behind it. That is a consistent trend in the series and as much as the detractors would like to pull up trends, they ignore this one. Not only that, no previous tag-a-long that has traversed with the crew consistently acted like a deckhand for the Straw Hats, another thing that is hand-waved.

Also, furries.

It's literally a mental gymnastics discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.