Chapter 261: Inhuman Makyou Shinjuku Showdown, Part 33

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Wait if CT is stored in the brain in a black box how does kenjaku's CT allows u to keep new body's CT when you take out their brain
It was hinted that he retains the abilities of his former bodies even after jumping into a new one, so it's somehow part of his technique to absorb the CT of the body he inhabits.

We don't know anything about the specific inner workings of his technique, but we do know that it does that.

The writing here is not good but it's really not THAT bad.

It is funny that the people tend to cry bad writing specifically whenever something bad is happening to their faves. I've done this in the past before but I'm aware enough to recognize it in myself. The Gojo fandom is probably the best example of it I've ever seen just because of outsized his popularity is in proportion to how much the author likes him.

The lack of self awareness from most fans in general is funny but it's understandable since online people using forums and Reddit probably don't have the best social skills to begin with.
I've been part of the convo here since the start of the CG at least
And I've called out bad writing during the Maki vs Naoya fight, the Panda bs, the Hana Kurusu bs etc

It's funny that people neglect criticism just because something good is happening to their faves. Bla bla bla the Sukuna fandom is probably the best example bla bla you get the idea - takes one to know one/two sides of the same coin

Why since the start of CG (conveniently when Gojo was sealed and Todo was gone btw) and not at any point during Shibuya?

I hate to break this to you, but there has literally never been a point in JJK's story where the writing wasn't mediocre.

And I've called out bad writing during the Maki vs Naoya fight, the Panda bs, the Hana Kurusu bs etc

It's funny that people neglect criticism just because something good is happening to their faves. Bla bla bla the Sukuna fandom is probably the best example bla bla you get the idea - takes one to know one/two sides of the same coin
The Sukuna fandom has been complaining this entire time about characters not dying to Sukuna.

It's very amusing that despite all the plethora of criticisms about binding vows and plot armor, the fact of the matter is that objectively speaking the heroes have survived far more than they reasonably should have.

I mean you have fucking Larue walking off a black flash from Sukuna, but no Gege is dickriding him too much.

Why since the start of CG
Because that's the furthest I remember posting in this section

I hate to break this to you, but there has literally never been a point in JJK's story where the writing wasn't mediocre.
Shibuya was outside of the norm. Before that it was passable as a story. The Culling Games is a series of illogical writing choices solely to generate inorganic hype week-to-week

The Sukuna fandom has been complaining this entire time about characters not dying to Sukuna.
You're just proving my point - all your complaints boil down to powerscaling because that's the only thing you care about. Before the fight vs Sukuna started none lf you even cared about the manga

Shibuya was outside of the norm. Before that it was passable as a story. The Culling Games is a series of illogical writing choices solely to generate inorganic hype week-to-week
No it wasn't in Shibuya. I was reading during Shibuya, and the whole reason that arc was super well received was because of the crazy stuff happening and the fights.

Writing-wise, the whole arc is just a giant fighting sequence and you have the blatant fridging of a main female character and half the under-developed cast dying.

The revisionist history about Shibuya is very funny.

No it wasn't in Shibuya. I was reading during Shibuya, and the whole reason that arc was super well received was because of the crazy stuff happening and the fights.

Writing-wise, the whole arc is just a giant fight and you have the blatant fridging of a main female character and half the under-developed cast dying.

The revisionist history about Shibuya is very funny.
Very untrue
The reason it was well received as an arc is the cohesiveness, the stakes that were present and delivered on, and the set up it created for the future as well as the way it built up on the previous arc (Hidden Inventory)

Revisionist history is in denying its quality

@NikaInParis Todo came back with probably the most unbalanced binding vow trade-off in the entire story last chapter but there weren't dozens of Reddit threads pointing out it was bullshit.

In fact, I would go out on a limb and say that the overall writing in the last two chapter with Todo just now deciding to appear is some of the worst in the entire arc and way worse than anything in this chapter.

But for some reason, this one is making people complain much more.

It's almost as if they just don't like watching their favorite character get shat on and don't actually care about the writing.

Very untrue
The reason it was well received as an arc is the cohesiveness, the stakes that were present and delivered on, and the set up it created for the future as well as the way it built up on the previous arc (Hidden Inventory)

Revisionist history is in denying its quality
I'm not even going to argue with you on this, because it's frankly just not true.

@NikaInParis Todo came back with probably the most unbalanced binding vow trade-off in the entire story last chapter but there weren't dozens of Reddit threads pointing out it was bullshit.

In fact, I would go out on a limb and say that the overall writing in the last two chapter with Todo just now deciding to appear is some of the worst in the entire arc and way worse than anything in this chapter.

But for some reason, this one is making people complain much more.

It's almost as if they just don't like watching their favorite character get shat on and don't actually care about the writing.

I'm not even going to argue with you on this, because it's frankly just not true.
The Todo stuff is ass, but that one binding vow hardly compares to the dozens Sukuna did that weren't even explained (we hardly know about the trade off of most of his BVs)

If you think me being happy Todo is back = me being happy about the way Gege wrote it, then you haven't been paying attention

And as for the Shibuya part - I can literally write the same sentence to you and act all high and mighty.

Lol he already said it when that chapter dropped. Even I can go back, find that and quote it.

Like I said before to zenox, y'all love to create imaginary opps to feel good about wanking your favorite character.

Lol he already said it when that chapter dropped. Even I can go back, find that and quote it.

Like I said before to zenox, y'all love to create imaginary opps to feel good about wanking your favorite character.
The last time I felt the story was salvagable was in the early days of CG with Megumi and Yuji going on solo quests and actually developing as characters in their fights

And as for the Shibuya part - I can literally write the same sentence to you and act all high and mighty.
So why do most popular reviews of Shibuya that praise it literally preface by saying "I'm taking about the action not the story"

And why was the reception to the Shibuya anime so mixed overall?

And why is it the same for the manga if you look at old chapter threads on MAL or Twitter?

You cannot look me in the eyes and tell me that the main appeal of Shibuya isn't the crazy moments and battles when it literally is LMFAO

The last time I felt the story was salvagable was in the early days of CG with Megumi and Yuji going on solo quests and actually developing as characters in their fights
It is a damn shame.

Half of the problems that current JJK is facing is due to how culling games arc was structured.

These sukuna glazers say you are hating on him when I try to say Meguna was a mistake.
Megumi and Yuji should have fought stronger opponents during culling game arc. At least developed their domains so that they could learn manipulating domain barriers later (those who have followed the story would get it, but not sukuna glazers).

H

Herrera95

Cry more, people, this chapter is great.
Far from great. But is not that bad.
Post automatically merged:

It is a damn shame.

Half of the problems that current JJK is facing is due to how culling games arc was structured.

These sukuna glazers say you are hating on him when I try to say Meguna was a mistake.
Megumi and Yuji should have fought stronger opponents during culling game arc. At least developed their domains so that they could learn manipulating domain barriers later (those who have followed the story would get it, but not sukuna glazers).
90% of the JJK plot is Yuji hitting with cursed energy and sometimes getting black flashes. No cursed technique, Domain or any other stuff. Basically a Baki character.

@notAfanboy One of the only actually well-telegraphed and foreshadowed moments in the story a mistake is all I needed to hear.

Adios bozos
Lies

?

Gojo/Sukuna agenda is definitely more interesting than zoro/sanji agenda.

Almost makes me want to read JJK
Because Gojo/Sukuna is debatable. Zoro/Sanji is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why do most popular reviews of Shibuya that praise it literally preface by saying "I'm taking about the action not the story"

And why was the reception to the Shibuya anime so mixed overall?

And why is it the same for the manga if you look at old chapter threads on MAL or Twitter?

You cannot look me in the eyes and tell me that the main appeal of Shibuya isn't the crazy moments and battles when it literally is LMFAO
1) you went and looked for a video that conforms to your views. I'll stick to the lrevailing fan opinion about the arc

2) The anime received mixed reviews because the animation was all over the place...as has been discussed in real time as it was released. Same reason OPM season 2 was ass while the manga version was amazing

It is a damn shame.

I wouldn't say Meguna was a mistake per se, but I wish Hana Kurusu/Angel never happened because that was the first "turn your brain off" moment in Gege's writing of Meguna